What weird cross-mod combos have you found?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
I'd actually like to hear from you guys what cross-mod stuff you've been able to find. Part of the fun of modded MC for me is seeing what sort of crazy idiocy I can make with multiple mods combined in unexpected or innovative ways. A common example is the combination of TC4's Infernal Furnace and Dartcraft's Ore Chunks, which give you 2.6 ingots per ore and byproducts. For example, I found a really interesting mechanic yesterday that I wanted to share:

Metallurgy adds an ore in the Nether called Midasium. It's not insanely rare (at least not in RR) and the tools and armor pieces are fairly useless, but the dust can be combined with any other dust to get 1 Gold Dust. Normally this isn't hugely cost-effective since you have to grind down other metals to use it, but it turns it that this works with Pulverized Obsidian, which can be mass-produced in huge numbers relatively easily, and even better AE's Flour. Basically, you can make gold from bread.

So, what have you guys found?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I thought the use of MFR and squids to power my base was fun. (I didn't find it)

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Metallurgy's utility ores like potash & magnesium can be used to craft fertilizer. Its fairly mundane but early on its great use on crops instead of bonemeal. I discovered while spamming fertilizer in my starter farm that i couls get lota of cotton as well. Right click spamming a mature natura cotton plant can give several cotton pieces. With a few stacks of fertilizer and only 6 cotton plants, I ended up with 1.5 stacks of cotton.

Early game this is nice. No shortage of string or cotton anymore. Mundane but useful

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
Back in 1.5.2 when I had the minium stone, one could "grow" diamonds. Lots of wood, but it was nice when the rng was mis-behaving.
logs -> obsidian -> iron -> gold -> diamond.

And while playing RR, i found magnesium + iron in the TiC smeltery gives steel. Great for making railcraft tanks and steel tools w/o a blast furnace.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Probably my most fun so far is the Blood Magic Lava Ritual -> ME Fluid Transion Plane -> EnderIO Conduits -> TE3 Magmatic Dynamos -> EnderIO Mixed Conduit (redstone and power) -> EnderIO battery and power monitor.

It makes a power system that is run off my character's life and powers my whole base and even remote sites.[DOUBLEPOST=1387587962][/DOUBLEPOST]
And while playing RR, i found magnesium + iron in the TiC smeltery gives steel. Great for making railcraft tanks and steel tools w/o a blast furnace.

You mean Manganese, the pink ore. :)

Reactions: jokermatt999

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Finishing off a factorization ore processing line with a railcraft steam furnace to smelt all the crystalline chunks and sludge and other stuff. Uses the same steam as the FZ steam turbine.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I like making a bunch of Gravity guns and supercharging them with Extra Utilities' Division Sigils or the Twilight Forest portal. After that, i use the Twilight Forest's Uncrafting Table to make a bunch of Nether Stars for Tinkers' Construct modifiers.

Finding extra uses for the Nether stars are harder than making them.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
This seems to be pretty widely known by now, but Tinker's Construct's Smeltery Drains can interact with any liquid pipes, as can the casting table and basin. So you can hook up a liquiduct to automate TC even easier than the usual redstone clock on a faucet method. The faucets can also drain to and from any liquid inventory. I once saw someone who hooked one up to a boiler and poured out liquid steam.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I wrote a blank Mystcraft age and got a dimension that has an infinite Manyullyn lake at y = 40.
I'm endlessly ender-tanking it into my smeltery, casting it into blocks, and, every-so-often-when-I-need-resources, transmute a few blocks of Manyullyn (which I have almost an Obsidian chest full of) into a couple of stacks of diamond blocks.

In plainer language: using Mystcraft, I got free infinite Tinkers' Construct top-tier molten metal, pumped and transported it across dimensions, am constantly automatically casting the Manyullyn into blocks (for easier storage), and sometimes using EE3-beta's Minium Stone to transmute the Manyullyn blocks into blocks of diamond and blocks of gold.

Crazy, right? And it's all free. Except for the transmutations burning through my Minium Stone; however, with my surplus of Minium shards, that's not such a problem.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Want a really weird yet cool one I've found?
You can, using Blood Magic, TE and Mekanism, turn your character's life into gold.
Yeah. Midas would be ashamed of himself.
Also:
Soul Shards + Engineer's Toolbox Piezoelectric generators = Mob Farm generator that can generate energy both through mob drops and the mobs spawning.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Want a really weird yet cool one I've found?
You can, using Blood Magic, TE and Mekanism, turn your character's life into gold.
Yeah. Midas would be ashamed of himself.
Also:
Soul Shards + Engineer's Toolbox Piezoelectric generators = Mob Farm generator that can generate energy both through mob drops and the mobs spawning.

And from there you can turn the gold into diamonds, or iron using EE.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Don't you just love this sort of stuff?
Even better, you can turn all of that into glowstone using IC2 which mean you can take your blood to make pretty lights (TE's iluminators).
That essentially means that you can build an entire base based solely on your blood.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Even better, you can turn all of that into glowstone using IC2 which mean you can take your blood to make pretty lights (TE's iluminators).
That essentially means that you can build an entire base based solely on your blood.
Don't forget to stand in your smeltery for a bit to get some tanks of molten blood too.
Hmm, I have a strange urge to play Dwarf Fortress for some reason.

Reactions: YX33A and Ace5000

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019

This... is... amazing! Doesn't this also mean that since i'm using the DNS pack I can also use the energy manipulators to make pretty much anything out of blood now?