What is YOUR most important mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
That's a tough one, as mods cover many different categories.

If I wanted more blocks to build with, I'd go for BoP. Nice worldgen, more materials.
If I wanted "Tech", it would have to be Mekanism (If TE3 had a pump, then it would be a close call) but I'd have to have MFR to support.
If I wanted "Magic", it would be Thaumcraft

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019

If I wanted more blocks to build with, I'd go for BoP. Nice worldgen, more materials.
If I wanted "Tech", it would have to be Mekanism (If TE3 had a pump, then it would be a close call) but I'd have to have MFR to support.

MFR might be in an interesting choice. I think it fits quite well with vanilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
RotaryCraft.
It's a huge mod with a nice power system, and it tells you the recipes so NEI is not needed.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
RotaryCraft.
It's a huge mod with a nice power system, and it tells you the recipes so NEI is not needed.

Must get more into rotary craft. It's power system is based off real world physics like torque isn't it?

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I did not come from technic, but I guess I'd call myself an IC fan. I never really thought about it that way..but yeah. My power grid and primary power production is always EU. Most of my processing machines tend toward the UE side. And Even my preferences for power production tend heavily toward solar (ie, EU...though let's not mention those boilers I have running in the basement...ssshhhhh).

But yeah. I guess I'm a fan of IC and it's variants. And now that I actually think about it, that's fine by me. :)

Since MC 1.2.5 I've always had a soft spot for IC, although the version of Resonant Rise I'm currently playing removed it and I'm not really missing it much. :O

null123

Mar 27, 2014

The block you are looking for is the TE3 aqeous accumalator.

st753m

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Utilities

Its the mod I use to organize my storage room, and the compressed cobblestone would be even more important if I had to give up iron chests and barrels.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
The one mod I don't think I could ever do without is TE3, and AE, and TiC, and MFR, and... :)

Reactions: CptSpike

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Utilities

Its the mod I use to organize my storage room, and the compressed cobblestone would be even more important if I had to give up iron chests and barrels.

Never used EU for item transport/sorting. How does it shape up to AE and itemducts etc?

st753m

Jul 29, 2019
Never used EU for item transport/sorting. How does it shape up to AE and itemducts etc?

It's very easy to understand, set up, and use. Compared to AE it's early-game; if I played a higher-tech and larger-scale world I'd start with EU's sorting and replace it with AE after a while.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
It's very easy to understand, set up, and use. Compared to AE it's early-game; if I played a higher-tech and larger-scale world I'd start with EU's sorting and replace it with AE after a while.

I'll keep this in mind when I start a new world thanks :)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019

Used extra utilities sorting pipes for a long time in this current world of mine and they work great, sorting items based on whats already in the chest for one, and another pipe that will sort items from the same mod which is amazing. I had a bunch of resonant strongboxes hooked up to them, named them all on an anvil. Now I almost regret upgrading to AE. But all the while I was thinking "this mod is way overpowered". I probably wont use it in the future.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Like trying to choose between your kids isn't it? Impossible

Not if one of 'em is a Redheaded Stepchild, one of 'em has dependency issues, one is a genius but a showoff as well, and one is humble but gets shit done.

...Wanna guess which mod is which in my post?

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism, no doubt!
It has everything from very low end to the most advanced! Plenty of generators and stuff to consume the power, interesting new machines and tools! In my opinion, Mekanism have grown from being just another machine mod to being one of, if not the, best mods out there. I really can't get my head around why FTB doesn't include it in their packs after it has evolved this much!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 using Tapatalk