What is YOUR most important mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I would probably choose Mekanism.

1.) Multiple choices of power generators. Heat generators for either passive lava power or active furnace fuel burning. Biofuel generator powered by crushed plant matter. Wind mills. Solar panels. Hydrogen fueled generators.
2.) Digital Miner as your automated mining solution.
3.) Ore processing chain, from as low as 2 times yield to as high as 5 times yield.
4.) Jet pack, safe-fall boots with built-in step-up functionality, scuba tank as well as a gas mask that works in tandem with the scuba tank for under water breathing.
5.) Slightly better tools than vanilla.
6.) Atomic Disassembler for strip mining.
7.) Dynamic Tanks for liquid containment.
8.) Electric Pumps for fluid pumping needs.
9.) Teleporter as well as a portable personal teleporter.
10.) Has it's own logistical piping system.
11.) The electric chest can be wrenched with all items in it so it can be a fairly early portable storage. But power is needed, so bring a spare battery with you.
12.) Also Robits. Robotic followers who follows you, acts as a mobile crafting table and mobile storage.

Or my next choice would be Blood Magic.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I would probably choose Mekanism.

1.) Multiple choices of power generators. Heat generators for either passive lava power or active furnace fuel burning. Biofuel generator powered by crushed plant matter. Wind mills. Solar panels. Hydrogen fueled generators.
2.) Digital Miner as your automated mining solution.
3.) Ore processing chain, from as low as 2 times yield to as high as 5 times yield.
4.) Jet pack, safe-fall boots with built-in step-up functionality, scuba tank as well as a gas mask that works in tandem with the scuba tank for under water breathing.
5.) Slightly better tools than vanilla.
6.) Atomic Disassembler for strip mining.
7.) Dynamic Tanks for liquid containment.
8.) Electric Pumps for fluid pumping needs.
9.) Teleporter as well as a portable personal teleporter.
10.) Has it's own logistical piping system.
11.) The electric chest can be wrenched with all items in it so it can be a fairly early portable storage. But power is needed, so bring a spare battery with you.
12.) Also Robits. Robotic followers who follows you, acts as a mobile crafting table and mobile storage.

Or my next choice would be Blood Magic.

Mek can teleport you/stuff? Ooh. This is half the reason I made this thread - learn more about mods I often overlook :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
The only mod for me that truly stands alone is Thaumcraft (made better with addons though).

Ignoring NEI, Inventory Tweaks and Minimap mods, I'd have to go for BTW. It breaths new life into vanilla. However if we included the UE Family as one mod (Cal's mods, Galacticraft, Open Computers, Mekanism, Mad Science, MPS, MPSA) then you'd have a really all inclusive mod with multiple end games and lots of fun to be had. Although there's no denying they're separate mods.[DOUBLEPOST=1396922203][/DOUBLEPOST]BoP could also stand alone quite well.

Reactions: abculatter_2

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
The only mod for me that truly stands alone is Thaumcraft (made better with addons though).

Ignoring NEI, Inventory Tweaks and Minimap mods, I'd have to go for BTW. It breaths new life into vanilla. However if we included the UE Family as one mod (Cal's mods, Galacticraft, Open Computers, Mekanism, Mad Science, MPS, MPSA) then you'd have a really all inclusive mod with multiple end games and lots of fun to be had. Although there's no denying they're separate mods.[DOUBLEPOST=1396922203][/DOUBLEPOST]BoP could also stand alone quite well.
Just FYI, Mekanism is no longer under UE, it is now a standalone.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
If I had to choose only one mod, I would choose Gregtech. Just because it's so complete, and also I personally prefer the grindy difficulty it provides. Makes things feel like more of an accomplishment, and gives you a good reason to spam automatic mining.

Usually, though,when I don't see Railcraft in a pack it tends to make me rather disappointed. I love railcraft, even if I rarely get around to using the tracks I still like having them available as an option.

Actually, now I'm really liking the thought of a pack of just Greggy-greg + Railcraft...

... I'd have to go for BTW. It breaths new life into vanilla.

Oh, and I also have to agree with this.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
That entirely depends on the world and how I feel like playing it. I can't really decide on one, but I can decide on three, and I'd be fine with playing only one: Witchery/Railcraft/Ars Magica 2.

Edited to explain my reasons:

Witchery
It adds an insane amount of content, a new dimension with scary monsters. It adds new building blocks (wood, leaves), and you get the same type of thing as Morph, which is nice. EDIT: I can also make ravines to mine in using a ritual, which is sort of auto-mining.

Railcraft
I love building train tracks and stuff. I wouldn't get the BC/IC2 stuff, but I would still be able to make awesome train tracks. I also get those awesome building blocks (quarried stone is one of the best blocks ever) EDIT: Oh, and I can automate mining, kind of

Ars Magica 2
New bosses, fun spell making, new building blocks

Reactions: Padfoote

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics is definitely my favorite mod, and I wouldn't play any mod pack that doesn't have it...but like a few people mentioned, it's pointless on its own.

Industrialcraft, perhaps? I haven't played the expermiental version, but in my experience, it's got ore-processing, farming, armor, weapons, and a pretty decent early > middle > end game structure which I like.

Someone also mentioned Thaumcraft, which I'll second. I actually rarely get into thaumcraft, but I love the concepts behind it, and can imagine it would be sufficiently gratifying to play minecraft with only that mod.

Lastly, mystcraft seems like it would be kinda fun to play even without other mods, though I'm still not confident in my ability to do anything in that mod other than make piles of books that lead to ages that aren't what I wanted.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics is definitely my favorite mod, and I wouldn't play any mod pack that doesn't have it...but like a few people mentioned, it's pointless on its own.

Industrialcraft, perhaps? I haven't played the expermiental version, but in my experience, it's got ore-processing, farming, armor, weapons, and a pretty decent early > middle > end game structure which I like.

Someone also mentioned Thaumcraft, which I'll second. I actually rarely get into thaumcraft, but I love the concepts behind it, and can imagine it would be sufficiently gratifying to play minecraft with only that mod.

Lastly, mystcraft seems like it would be kinda fun to play even without other mods, though I'm still not confident in my ability to do anything in that mod other than make piles of books that lead to ages that aren't what I wanted.

Another IC fan :) did you come from technic by any chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
Another IC fan :) did you come from technic by any chance

I did not come from technic, but I guess I'd call myself an IC fan. I never really thought about it that way..but yeah. My power grid and primary power production is always EU. Most of my processing machines tend toward the UE side. And Even my preferences for power production tend heavily toward solar (ie, EU...though let's not mention those boilers I have running in the basement...ssshhhhh).

But yeah. I guess I'm a fan of IC and it's variants. And now that I actually think about it, that's fine by me. :)