What is YOUR most important mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Not if one of 'em is a Redheaded Stepchild, one of 'em has dependency issues, one is a genius but a showoff as well, and one is humble but gets shit done.

...Wanna guess which mod is which in my post?
Not sure about the redheaded stepchild

Not sure about the dependency issues

Genius but showoff = Ars Magica 2

Humble but gets shit done = Thermal Expansion

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
MFR is the stepchild for sure. TE is very humble indeed. AE is useless without other mods, which leaves TiCo as the brilliant show off.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
MFR is like industrialcraft but useful, and fun. Probably some of the MOST useful ways to spend energy.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
trying to answer this question just depresses me. One modpack would just be so sad, I'd have to consider playing something else every once in a while.

IC2 maybe? just to be oldschool.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
MFR isn't at all like IC2. Not sure where you got that from :p

Thats like, your opinion man. I think many people play IC2 for its power gen, because thats all its good for. But when I first started messing around with it, I did it for the useful machines. But now I know IC2 doesnt have any useful machines, they are all just a stepping stone to the next IC2 machine. MFR is what I expected from IC2 back in the day.

Reactions: Mevansuto

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Thats like, your opinion man. I think many people play IC2 for its power gen, because thats all its good for. But when I first started messing around with it, I did it for the useful machines. But now I know IC2 doesnt have any useful machines, they are all just a stepping stone to the next IC2 machine. MFR is what I expected from IC2 back in the day.

The new IC is very steppy stony. Try getting the industrial foam stuff. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I stopped at the MFE. I only use it to charge up my powersuit but I dont need that when I have energy cells sitting around all over the place. The metal former was the most useful thing because it made the powersuit wiring recipe a lot cheaper than eating up all of my copper and silver.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
However if we included the UE Family as one mod (Cal's mods, Galacticraft, Open Computers, Mekanism, Mad Science, MPS, MPSA) then you'd have a really all inclusive mod with multiple end games and lots of fun to be had. Although there's no denying they're separate mods.

Can I add MFR to this? It was in Voltz.