What is YOUR most important mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
So I just wanted to get a little discussion going over that one mod you absolutely cannot live without. So imagine a world where Forge only allows one mod to be loaded - which would you have? To get the ball rolling, I'm going for a slightly controversial choice (perhaps) - IndustrialCraft2. Not experimental.

While lots of other mods do bits of IC2 much better, it's a very complete well rounded mod that really adds a lot of content. It stands up well on it's own, you know? I mean, the new Thermal Expansion is really my favourite mod, but I would say it's somewhat useless on it's own. IC2 adds tools, armour, power generation and transport, auto mining, infinite materials via crops (very overlooked feature. Because it's horrible :p), teleportation, base defense. That's all I remember off the top of my head.

So yeah, what's your most important mod?

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Good choice, plenty of content. Would it's content be useful on it's own though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I thought about this and decided it's Forestry, I can live without AE/BC/IC2/MFR and all the rest, but what I look for in a modpack straight away is bees....

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
That was originally my first thought. I love bees, but I don't think I could handle the faff without Extra Bees or Gendustry

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Good choice, plenty of content. Would it's content be useful on it's own though?

It has a way to "quarry", power generation, jetpack, armor/tools, tanks, ore processing, liquid/item/energy transport, sorting, and even a little robot to do your bidding. I'd say yes :)

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'll be. I'm going to have to look at Mek a little closer. Thought it was mostly just mining ad processing :p

Reactions: Staxed

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
For me it would have to be forge. Without that one all the reset isn't even possible. After that I would have to say thermal expansion.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'd say Forge is somewhat useless on it's own but yeah TE is great

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'll be. I'm going to have to look at Mek a little closer. Thought it was mostly just mining ad processing :p

Yes, check it out. I started on it a few months ago after watching Ako use it during his Resonant Rise series. I like it so much I have the cape! :)

I encouraged its inclusion in our server pack and it has made several converts. It's a push and rush for Mek jetpack and atomic disassembler.

Good clean fun!

Sent from my keyboard using fingers

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
NEI. Just because you cant live a FtB day without looking atleast 1 item in the big modpacks, even tho I know most of the recipes, some of them still need to be looked.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
But NEI on it's own would only show you vanilla recipes : P

abaga129

Jul 29, 2019
For me it would be a toss up between BC and Tinker's Construct. They are both mods that completely change the game for me. I think it would probably come down to Buildcraft in the end because I can't live without BC pipes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

abaga129

Jul 29, 2019
But NEI on it's own would only show you vanilla recipes : P

That's a good point but your are also forgetting the other features it adds such as creative mode.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
That's a very valid point. Kinda take NEI for granted these days lol

abaga129

Jul 29, 2019
Haha FTB definitely spoils us :p Great thread BTW. Never really thought about this before.

Reactions: RealSketch

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. Try playing Resonant Rise, 210 mods :D

Yep, started with RR but our community didn't want all of RR or all of Monster. We've got some of both. Good stuff

Sent from my brain using neurons