What does YOUR Power Room look like?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
That's out of date. There are no energy tesseracts any more. All tesses are generalists and power transfer is lossless afaik.
There is no energy loss in Monster 1.0.9 at least. I transform power from EU (wind mills) to RF using power converters, then teleport with tesseracts. Exact same amount of power when converted back to EU (8192 EU/t per 4 EV mills).

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm planning to build a very big power building and I already have a design in mind, but I have a couple questions to ask to the community before starting the build. Here they are:
Can you pass EU through a energy tesseract?
Should i build it close to my factories or should I build it relatively far away?
Is it possible to make a sensor to see if your reactor is overheating, and then have it automatically turn the reactor off?
And on a unrelated note, whats the easiest way to get silver?
(Keeping in mind that I'm on Unleashed.)
Unleashed includes IC2 Nuclear Control, which includes a heat monitor that can be configured to shut off your reactor at a set temperature. It also provides some neat screen things that look infinitely better than ComputerCraft monitors and can easily be set up to give you reactor info, energy storage info, liquid storage info, or just basic text. No coding needed.

For people saying the tesseract info is out of date - note that the original question is about Unleashed.

DiamondArrow

Jul 29, 2019
I just finished (I think) my power setup in our current world. Haven't really used anything besides boilers before, but this time I tried the compact windmills (Monster).

They have a fairly big cost in terms of iron (probably at around 100k total now), but it's a nice step up from boilers in terms of output without FPS / TPS impact. They're convenient to place high up in the air out of the way, and then teleport the power down using power converters and tesseracts.

I also like them because they give a reason to go through with the IC2 mass fab setup ordeal (for iridium rotors) and something to use quarried resources on.

Output from the setup is a constant 65k RF/t (16384 EU/t) without any maintenance or fuel.

cTWqYxi.png

kvUKmXu.png
How did you rotate the windmills?

GrammarFuhrer

Jul 29, 2019
0gox2da.png

ZtNpPCf.png

Mind you, I have my version set to a 2.0 multiplier, in order to keep the regular Big Reactor competitive with the IC2 nuclear reactor. Either way, however, that turbine really puts out a ton of energy. Whew.

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
This early game setup kept me going for a long long while, the oil still hasnt run out:

Ive set up my engines like this since I first used one. Theres actually seven more but you cant see them.

Heres my new power system, unfinished:

McGreed

Jul 29, 2019
What is those metal grid like blocks and can they by any chance be turned into microblocks? Because having those as thin slabs, would work perfectly for industrial walkways.

DWLooney

Jul 29, 2019
What is those metal grid like blocks and can they by any chance be turned into microblocks? Because having those as thin slabs, would work perfectly for industrial walkways.
Their factory blocks from chisel, crafted with 8 stone and some iron iirc.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
My power room would look a lot better if my giant steam railcraft tank and the fluiducts didn't show a giant glowstone lamp texture instead of actual steam >:|

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
My power room would look a lot better if my giant steam railcraft tank and the fluiducts didn't show a giant glowstone lamp texture instead of actual steam >:|
Show it off in the default texture pack. That way we all know what we are looking at :{P

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
WIP:

2014-04-11_13.30.52.png

Right corner will soon have a big railcraft steel tank for the lava, the alcove at the back will eventually house a BigReactor.

I also need to finish adding the rest of the magmatic dynamos.

This world is sort of new XD

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Not only do I want to see everyone's setup, I'd like to know the power output per tick. (OMG, Maths! NOOOOO). I've looked through this whole thread and there's quite a few amazing setups, and am curious to the outage on them.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Regarding having your machines near your power stations, it does have it's advantage of having everything in as few chunks as possible, since from what I heard, it helps the server as there is fewer chunk updates.
However there is ONE thing you should always think about: Have your water supply in the same chunk as your engines/power station. One of the number one reasons for blowing stuff up is that water supply got cut off because it was in a chunk that got unloaded while the engines was in a active chunk.
When planning your layout, it helps to use F9 to get chunk limits grids. Really useful. Might not be an issue if you have a chunkloader that keeps everything running, but good planning always helps. :)
Happened to me in ReactorCraft; you can imagine my consternation when I was coming back to my base and suddenly got "Achievement Unlocked: Time to Move" (meltdown.)

Yes my water supply was several chunks away :p

Reactions: PierceSG

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Show it off in the default texture pack. That way we all know what we are looking at :{P
It IS the default texture pack!

There's still that texture bug with steam affecting DW20 and Monster packs.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Happened to me in ReactorCraft; you can imagine my consternation when I was coming back to my base and suddenly got "Achievement Unlocked: Time to Move" (meltdown.)

Yes my water supply was several chunks away :p
Look on the bright side. You've got an achievement! :p

Reactions: Pyure

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
I would post my power room... if I had one. Currently, because it's an Agrarian Skies world, I only have one Magmatic Dynamo on my machine platform currently.

Last edited: