What does YOUR Power Room look like?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Garies

Jul 29, 2019
So what will be the replacements in 1.5?
How long does it usually take after vanilla has updated that ftb will be updated?

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
So what will be the replacements in 1.5?
How long does it usually take after vanilla has updated that ftb will be updated?
The recently implemented Multi-Block farms will be the standard in Forestry from 1.5 on. Keeping the single-block farms running sounds like it was going to take far more coding effort than it was considered worth, so they were dropped for technical reasons.

FTB is updated when it's updated. Basically, when all the various mods are up to snuff and the team feels comfortable with putting something out, which is anybody's guess as not all mods have a regular update cycle.

Reactions: Whovian

AlbertLooper

Jul 29, 2019
My power room, I tried building it as compact as possible:

Outside (16 by 64, located within chunk borders):
OGyycbK.jpg

Inside:
ZP1bGYe.png

- 10 HP boilers
- 180 steam engines (running at the max 8 Mj)

8oLJHsD.png

Each lever activates 18 engines, which is exactly what 1 boiler can maintain. (The netherrack is jacketed wire from Redpower btw)

Bio production:
eVAx2xE.png

3 fementers & 12 stills.
When supplied with enough power (2 tesseract outputs), 3 fementers produce enough biomass for 13.2 stills. 13 stills produce enough biofuel for 15 warmed up boilers.

No need to store biomass, the buffer is already biofuel. All the surplus goes into a quantum tank (holds up to 2000 million) that's in the middle of the glass thingybob on the left (purely aesthetic). With a green information panel in front of it.

Total output: 1440 Mj.

Davidiusz

Jul 29, 2019
All these nice looking power rooms.
I wish mine looked nice, looks kinda bland and ugly. Though the MJ output is so lovely.
At least you have something. Is pretty much an ugly assemblage of cable connected to a couple of solar panels...
Just for information, what are you guys doing with all that power? :p

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
The recently implemented Multi-Block farms will be the standard in Forestry from 1.5 on. Keeping the single-block farms running sounds like it was going to take far more coding effort than it was considered worth, so they were dropped for technical reasons.

FTB is updated when it's updated. Basically, when all the various mods are up to snuff and the team feels comfortable with putting something out, which is anybody's guess as not all mods have a regular update cycle.
It'd be nice if there were more guides and tutorials for multifarms.. It's one of the most confusing things, along with xycraft blocks. Especially since you can't look it up on NEI..

apocalycious

Jul 29, 2019
So, this week I hit two major power production milestones:

* I bred apple trees that produce enough apples that I can almost constantly run my fermenters on apple juice.
* I bred bees that produce oil... and more biofuel.

As a result I ended up producing so much more of both fuel and biofuel than I could use that I had to expand my Pit of Power some:

http://i.imgur.com/N4p3dtr.jpg

Right now I'm running 43 different 36HP boilers and still gaining fuel faster than I'm using it. Total output from just the boilers: 1600 eu and 5040 mj/t

In fact, that's just the boilers in that pit. There are others in other parts of the base, too.

I wish I could find more ways to CONSUME power!

Jul 29, 2019

* I bred apple trees that produce enough apples that I can almost constantly run my fermenters on apple juice.

As a result I ended up producing so much more of both fuel and biofuel than I could use that I had to expand my Pit of Power some:

Right now I'm running 43 different 36HP boilers and still gaining fuel faster than I'm using it. Total output from just the boilers: 1600 eu and 5040 mj/t

In fact, that's just the boilers in that pit. There are others in other parts of the base, too.

Excuse me while I pick my jaw off the floor.

Reactions: Whovian

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019

And you did this in survival or creative? Survival is where it counts :) creative..Meh... But ya once You get to a certain point of mj production which really aint much then you really can't use it all for anything usefull.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
My power room is sad and pathetic. Ultimate Hybrid Solars, with energy links from power converters making me BuildCraft power. Feels sort of cheaty, so I have been starting to do localized power production using biogas/electrical/steam engines depending on the them of the building. Biogas run on biofuel for my treefarm, ran on seed oil for my farms, electricity for my assembly table, and finally, steam for my auto processing. Hope it will look nice when I get it all put into place.

apocalycious

Jul 29, 2019
And you did this in survival or creative? Survival is where it counts :) creative..Meh... But ya once You get to a certain point of mj production which really aint much then you really can't use it all for anything usefull.

It's a Survival server, not creative. Actually, I've never even played in creative mode, so I probably should try it some time, but this server is survival. We had it on Hard for a long time as well, but one of the people on the server was always lagging and got killed too easily all the time, and we never turned the difficulty back up.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

would be nice if you could run the fabricator on MJ aswell.
that way you can atleast do something with the power, and ofcourse save some space.