What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
getting an imperial and industrial bee takes too long
It doesn't have to. Use Soul Frames to improve mutation chance and Chocolate Frames(unless you have access to Oblivion Frames) to decrease lifetime when purifying bees.

Also you don't have to stand and watch them all the time. Build something nearby in the meantime and check in now and then.

Or you can just go OP yeah and skip the entire bee content by using Gendustry :p

Reactions: null123 and YX33A

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that every single piston I crafted so far in this world was a crafting component. I didn't place a single one of them in the world. Same goes for glass blocks: I either use glass panes or clear/thickened glass.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I noticed that every single piston I crafted so far in this world was a crafting component. I didn't place a single one of them in the world. Same goes for glass blocks: I either use glass panes or clear/thickened glass.
Now that you mention it...when the hell was the last time I actually placed a real piston? Hrm...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah, havent used a piston either since 1.5. TiCo Drawbridges are just so much easier and compact for pretty much everything.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, havent used a piston either since 1.5. TiCo Drawbridges are just so much easier and compact for pretty much everything.
Likewise, if you're using it as a plant-breaker, and depending on your modpack, you may want to add Reika's ExpandedRedstone which features a 12-range block breaker.

(Some of my preferred packs exclude TiCo for balancing reasons)

Reactions: null123

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So I started a new world, mainly due to my old base being so full of whirring spinning toys, ridiculously overclocked Magical crops and an endless production line of mobs for the LP grinder that my frame rate was getting unplayably awful.

In this new world, I also added Mekanism since I haven't actually used it in 1.6 packs yet. I'm basically planning to make a reactorcraft fission reactor setup and a turbine or two to power everything (just need to get my head around powering Mek toys with ReC power but I assume it's a similar deal to doing it with RF).

That's not the coolest thing though.

The coolest thing is, I start digging once I have my noobcave basically set up, excavating a bit of a stairwell down to level 10. I get as far as level 40 and I stumble right into a spider dungeon (wicked) and the chests contain a division sigil (score!) and some ender pearls (yeehaw!)

Best start evar.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
You people starting over, I find it impossible to play minecraft anymore.

This is my thing.

I get into the lategame of a world, i've done what I initially set out to do, i've learned new things about mods that will help in a new world without the trial and error, I have a few new mods I want to add to a pack to have a mess about with and my current world is running like a slideshow. At that point it makes sense to start afresh :)

Jul 29, 2019
This is my thing.

I get into the lategame of a world, i've done what I initially set out to do, i've learned new things about mods that will help in a new world without the trial and error, I have a few new mods I want to add to a pack to have a mess about with and my current world is running like a slideshow. At that point it makes sense to start afresh :)
Thing is for me. Is that I cannot bring myself to play it, I start a world but I just cant keep at it. I can do challenge maps (I've complete AgSkies) but other than that and some pvp servers and what have you, I cant.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Pursuant to my previous poast, my initial layer 10 prospecting unearthed an oblivion hive surrounded by end stone.

Great start just got better, i'm just waiting for the RNG to rebound and do bad things to me now XD
Must say that starting in or near a magical biome can be rather OP due to MB hives and the endstone/glowstone etc. you can get VERY early on.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Must say that starting in or near a magical biome can be rather OP due to MB hives and the endstone/glowstone etc. you can get VERY early on.
@belgabor is right, merely convenient to be near a magically biome and get those bees. Very early is of course very subjective. With the exception of end bees and those other end bee types, getting such materials is chump change if one is smart and knows how to get it. Even ender pearls don't stop me for long.
(doubly so now that I use a vanilla enderman farm, aka stare and slash)

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, little off topic, but what pack should I play if I do start to play? I have a top notch pc so lagg isnt an issue.