What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
I learned that axe of the stream can work in "mechanical users", at least, one from the Fine Technology:
CMUJOKV

41OQnkC.png

It chops the wood as intended and the wood flows to the Emulator. Now only need to add some item grabbers and finish the design of this thing, so it can auto-move and chop whole tree row.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have discovered that the custom Malisis' Doors doors that I have used EVERYWHERE has a huge impact on fps. I replaced all the doors in an congested area with Carpenter's doors and it tripled FPS(~15 to ~45)...
I guess I know what I will be doing the next few days of playing Minecraft...

Reactions: KingTriaxx

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Yeah, I've noticed the same. It also messes with Minecolonies AI, so I had to cut it from this most recent pack I made. And so far, it's been super stable.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Random place in the city around my main tower:
upload_2018-11-2_19-6-15.png

The "Production Table"s are the doors...

M

MoonNStarz

I found out that you can automate jerky production.

The output item duct on the drying rack has fish blacklisted, and the output on the chest has fish whitelisted. It's still rather slow, but you don't have to babysit it either.
I found another way to somewhat automate using the drying rack. In this instance I needed a ton of dried brick for this particular mod pack. Just using wooden hoppers and mini chests and VOILA!!!! Just be sure to place a sample of the finished product in the bottom chest so it doesn't pull the undried product off the drying rack. 2018-11-05_23.09.54.png

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
No real effect, but the mod has a "Black Hole Generator" which generates RF based on items thrown into the Black Hole. Never tested this.
That seems highly abusable, does it work like EMC with more valuable items increasing the amount of RF or each item gives the same amount? My mind is thinking of cobblestone generators that could abuse this.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
That seems highly abusable, does it work like EMC with more valuable items increasing the amount of RF or each item gives the same amount? My mind is thinking of cobblestone generators that could abuse this.
No idea,

But first you have the build a rocket, launch yourself into orbit, then build a space station, then add a warp core, then get hold of some dylithium crystals, turn your station into a ship, then get over to the black hole.

Also, given the mods solar panels produce 1rf/t per panel, I doubt there would be much rf/t generated from the black hole system. (although I think it's all configurable).

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
well...

Since you've asked.

It's actually a rather shocking amount of power that you can get from a black hole by turning it into a generator.

It should be based on the object's 'volume'.

Something that can be placed as a full block = standard unit. A block of cobble is worth the same as a block of diamond.
Glowstone dust and Nether Quartz should be 1/4 unit (since 4 of them make a block).
Soulsand = 7/8 unit (it's slightly smaller than a block).
Any slab = 1/2 unit.
Redstone, lapis, individual gems/ingots = 1/9 unit.

This would allow the 'exploit' of feeding a tree-farm through a sawmill and getting 6 units out of a single log (which would be 1 unit on its own), but seems the most 'realistic' translation of material to energy.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well, to be boring, it seems, looking at the config, apart from a short list of 4 blocks, anything chucked into the blackhole will power the generator for 500 ticks, so it must have a fixed RF/t.