What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TheMagikarpGuy

Jul 29, 2019
Because of the corruption of my previous FTB infinity evolved world (guys, make backups. frequently), I had to start from nothing. As I went back up the rabbit hole, I discovered an interesting way to cut the BM earlygame short. If you get a fluid transposer, an autonomous activator, and a mooshroom (BoP makes it all too easy, right?), you can set up a very simple automation that involves milking the mooshroom for shroom stew, and extracting the shroom soup with the transposer. You can stock it in any tank (Drums are very convenient), and calmly drink it with an MFR straw directly from the container! With this trick, you can "store" 400 LP per bucket anywhere around the altar, and ping yourself for days, relentlessly.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Because of the corruption of my previous FTB infinity evolved world (guys, make backups. frequently), I had to start from nothing. As I went back up the rabbit hole, I discovered an interesting way to cut the BM earlygame short. If you get a fluid transposer, an autonomous activator, and a mooshroom (BoP makes it all too easy, right?), you can set up a very simple automation that involves milking the mooshroom for shroom stew, and extracting the shroom soup with the transposer. You can stock it in any tank (Drums are very convenient), and calmly drink it with an MFR straw directly from the container! With this trick, you can "store" 400 LP per bucket anywhere around the altar, and ping yourself for days, relentlessly.

I was very excited until I realized it's probably not that easy in the Skyblock version. ^_^>

D

Daihok

I am sure other people have discovered this but i just discovered it. The phytogenic Insolator from thermal expansion its a work of art but sooo OP lol. It combined with ender substrate augment and 3 speed augments is wow. I have so many ender pearls now in just a matter of half an hour. Enderlilly and fluxed phytogro again OP lol

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I am sure other people have discovered this but i just discovered it. The phytogenic Insolator from thermal expansion its a work of art but sooo OP lol. It combined with ender substrate augment and 3 speed augments is wow. I have so many ender pearls now in just a matter of half an hour. Enderlilly and fluxed phytogro again OP lol
Daaaang. I know the IE designer nerfed the Ender Lilly in the cloche (after also fixing a crashing bug with that), I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't work quite so well in future :p

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
So frustating when you're trying to swap between two things on the hotbar, and hit your yeta wrench and then you're stuck with it and wondering why you can't swap back. Same with the Modular Powersuits Power glove.

C

Closet Gamer

So frustating when you're trying to swap between two things on the hotbar, and hit your yeta wrench and then you're stuck with it and wondering why you can't swap back. Same with the Modular Powersuits Power glove.
Wait... shift+mouse wheel swaps things on the hotbar?

------------------------
*Never be afraid to ask when you do not understand*
------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
No, when you are on the yeta wrench in you hot bar shift+mouse wheel switches between it's modes. Sometimes when you are in a hurry you can get stuck there if you are, let's say, on a ledge or edge of a sky block platform and holding shift already then trying to swap to another item to place.

C

Closet Gamer

No, when you are on the yeta wrench in you hot bar shift+mouse wheel switches between it's modes. Sometimes when you are in a hurry you can get stuck there if you are, let's say, on a ledge or edge of a sky block platform and holding shift already then trying to swap to another item to place.
Oh I see, cheers for the explanation

------------------------
------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Oh, I'm dissapointed... in Grindstone from AE2. No way to automate it. I tried player-simulating block on its crank, and it just drops. Looked at their code and saw that they deliberately make the crank drop if it's used by a fake player. Sneaky...

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Oh, I'm dissapointed... in Grindstone from AE2. No way to automate it. I tried player-simulating block on its crank, and it just drops. Looked at their code and saw that they deliberately make the crank drop if it's used by a fake player. Sneaky...
Thaumic energetics (TC addon) provides a special gearbox or some such that golems can crank for you.

C

Closet Gamer

I think mindcrafters mentioned in their spotlight that accessibility options allows you to auto-click... But that means you need to go off and make a cup of tea whilst the bot does the old ckicky ckicky for you :)

------------------------
------------------------

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I think mindcrafters mentioned in their spotlight that accessibility options allows you to auto-click... But that means you need to go off and make a cup of tea whilst the bot does the old ckicky ckicky for you :)

Coffee cup on the mouse button works, although I think that there may be something that causes the crank to drop if there's nothing in the grinder while it's clicky-clicking. I lost one crank to that, but if I removed the cup when I saw it come to a stop, it worked fine. (This method saw me through to when I could get the SAG Mill up and toss the Grindstone in the 'obsolete machines' chest.)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Coffee cup on the mouse button works, although I think that there may be something that causes the crank to drop if there's nothing in the grinder while it's clicky-clicking. I lost one crank to that, but if I removed the cup when I saw it come to a stop, it worked fine. (This method saw me through to when I could get the SAG Mill up and toss the Grindstone in the 'obsolete machines' chest.)
Glad I'm not the only one with an Obsolete Equipment Storage. I do tend to use the Grindstone as decoration quite often, and it comes in handy if my other methods are tied up in production and I want to make a small bit of something else.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
C

Closet Gamer

Glad I'm not the only one with an Obsolete Equipment Storage. I do tend to use the Grindstone as decoration quite often, and it comes in handy if my other methods are tied up in production and I want to make a small bit of something else.
I've got a storage crate full of old junk that I can't bare to throw away... This is very similar to real life xD

------------------------
------------------------

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Oh yeah, no its only really for the early game - you want to get onto automated grinding methods as soon as possible. Likewise for the charger, you'll only want to hand crank that to make enough charged certus (assuming you haven't found enough) to get the energy acceptor up and running. I believe you can hopper in and out, so the methods of autoclicker or cup-on-mouse-button should work; the crank won't break as long as there's something in there. Cranks are super cheap, too :)

Bit off topic, but that's one of the things I loved about Regrowth - they changed the recipe for the charger to need advanced metals and circuits, but NOT fluix crystals. The reason for that was that certus quartz had to be grown, it couldn't be found, which meant no charged certus. I did get myself into a bit of a tizz about making the energy acceptor (which DID need fluix) because I was like: "but... I need charged certus to make the acceptor... but I can't charge the certus without the acceptor... but... but...", and then I found out you can hand-crank the charger ;)

Reactions: Closet Gamer

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Until later in the game, I like to carry a Charger and Crank with me, so I can recharge my portable cell, which I've discovered is a fantastic substitute for a backpack most of the time. Though I did notice that in Beyond if you didn't put Tinker's arrows in, then close the cell and reopen it to put the bow in, it'd jam up entirely until you restarted the client.

X

Xenulus

I learned that if you're lucky, you can bug your game that gives you this many levels. Probably due to something with Everlasting Abilities.
6grp0iw

https://i.imgur.com/6grp0iw.png

EDIT: thumbs up for invisible X-ed out image that I can't remove.

Reactions: Closet Gamer