What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I see you have discovered my master plan... ;) That'll probably stop working in any pack for the current MC, since they introduced the thing where the zombies have different colored robes, but here in 1.7? I will be fully exploiting that.
I'll admit, I haven't tried it since 1.7. I just assumed it would still work the same in later versions, which is often grounds for disappointment.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Yup. You can tell what kind of villager you are going to get after the cure by what they are wearing.

Best of luck to you tho' OniyaMCD!

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
And besides, curing zombies is expensive, you need a potion and a golden apple.

Why not just cure 2 villagers and then set up a villager breeder. A vanilla breeder that is, just create a bunch of doors to create a "village", make sure they are all fed, and transport new villagers away so that the total amount inhabitants in a village are below the cap, so they keep breeding. You can use mods to make transporting the villagers away easier. And to make setting up the breeder easier.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
And besides, curing zombies is expensive, you need a potion and a golden apple.

Why not just cure 2 villagers and then set up a villager breeder. A vanilla breeder that is, just create a bunch of doors to create a "village", make sure they are all fed, and transport new villagers away so that the total amount inhabitants in a village are below the cap, so they keep breeding. You can use mods to make transporting the villagers away easier. And to make setting up the breeder easier.

Well, this is where the MFR exploit comes in - but I'm really not hurting for resources if I had to start with a Zombie Villager and cure each one individually. My mob grinders are very generous to me. Gunpowder is at least 64 256 stacks (for the splash - and I could upgrade that barrel), spider eyes are at 3700 (2 stacks already fermented). I get at least 7 blocks of gold in a session (yay, automation!), so that's almost enough for 8 golden apples, and a single Harvestcraft tree means that apples are 'on call'. Brown mushrooms (8 stacks just from making witch-water) are about the only thing that could be a limiting factor, and that's because I haven't set up the darkrooms for the Agricraft variety.

(Also, disposing of unwanted villagers on a skyblock is really easy, and the others don't even get mad...)

Truth be told, I'm only doing this for a Monastic bee pair.

Last edited:
X

Xenulus

I learned that environmental tech in 1.12 on single player is utterly pointless. Due to the world not constantly running while offline, you will spend, probably quite literally, a year to be able to upgrade to a high tier of void ore miner.. It's been 3 weeks and just barely was able to make a tier 2. It just hit me after I set it up and realized its not noticeably better than a tier 1. Thats while running 6 tier 1's at once. For 3 weeks! This mod, though great, is useless in single player. And it just hit me like a ton of bricks. Rant over, but still something I "learned". I also can't figure out what a piezo modifier does. Googling "environmental tech 'piezo modifier'" gives me results in Chinese....literally. FML.

C

Closet Gamer

I learned that environmental tech in 1.12 on single player is utterly pointless. Due to the world not constantly running while offline, you will spend, probably quite literally, a year to be able to upgrade to a high tier of void ore miner.. It's been 3 weeks and just barely was able to make a tier 2. It just hit me after I set it up and realized its not noticeably better than a tier 1. Thats while running 6 tier 1's at once. For 3 weeks! This mod, though great, is useless in single player. And it just hit me like a ton of bricks. Rant over, but still something I "learned". I also can't figure out what a piezo modifier does. Googling "environmental tech 'piezo modifier'" gives me results in Chinese....literally. FML.
I feel the pain dude, for me it's the same with Age of Engineering (waiting for uranium fuel cells to degrade for plutonium etc) however all is not lost, there are a few options open to us. Firstly, there is (or used to be) a mod called somnia that simulates the world whilst you sleep cycle in game.
Secondly you could run a local server on your machine that runs the world whilst you are not playing it (I'm planning on doing this one)

Obviously not suitable for everyone, especially if you don't have your pc on 24/7 like I do.

Anyway, hope this was of some use :)

------------------------
*Never be afraid to ask when you do not understand*
------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I believe the piezo modifier allows ET solar panels to generate energy while it's raining. Pretty sure that's it.

Reactions: Closet Gamer

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I also can't figure out what a piezo modifier does. Googling "environmental tech 'piezo modifier'" gives me results in Chinese....literally. FML.

Piezoelectricity is electricity generated when substances are subjected to pressure/impact. Common uses are in the electric 'spark' on a stove or cigarette lighter (the push-button type, not the kind with the flint-wheel), or in guitar pickups. Knowing this leads to GamerwithnoGame's answer: In the case of this mod, the impact is from the rain on the solar panels.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Piezoelectricity is electricity generated when substances are subjected to pressure/impact. Common uses are in the electric 'spark' on a stove or cigarette lighter (the push-button type, not the kind with the flint-wheel), or in guitar pickups. Knowing this leads to GamerwithnoGame's answer: In the case of this mod, the impact is from the rain on the solar panels.

In the real world the effect would be caused by Atmospheric pressure (Warm air with no moisture is lighter). :D

Forgive me for being a pedant, but 99% of guitar pickups are electromagnetic. The rest are Piezoelectric, such as the stick-on types for accoustic guitars with nylon strings, but there was one I used in a guitar that was actually a bridge replacement with a separate pickup in each string saddle.

It could produce a near perfect accoustic tone (before effects) from the grungiest of rock electric guitars, but the main reason I used it in my builds was to isolate each string's vibrations and feed them separately into a 6-channel MIDI pickup to be equalized and otherwise processed to drive a synth.

Piezos are interesting:

1) They are pressure sensitive, producing a small voltage with pressure variance. (vibration counts as pressure variance, BtW)
2) If you apply a small voltage they vibrate, the resulting frequency depending on the size and shape of the crystal.

The second trait was the first to be widely used, to tune radios before variable oscillators and then Phase-locked-loops were invented. This trait still functions as the base frequency of almost all computers, usually 100MHz which is then multiplied to the GHz numbers we know now.

Last edited:

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
That Minecolonies is really time consuming. I wanted to use it to automate farming for to be turned into ethylene for power. They're so slow. I mean so slow. The builder breaking one block takes like 30 seconds. And don't even get me started on the farmer. It felt really satisfying slaughtering them.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I wish Engineer's Toolbox had updated. Generating power with a mob trap using Piezoelectric tiles was awesome. (Plus it'd randomly do damage slowly killing the enemies.)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013