What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
We call them "engineers." Especially the ones that the vendors send out to replace parts. Bigger hammer, my ass.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

They don't replace parts anymore... They just swap sub-assemblies :D

"Why yes, I am quite fluent in Soldering Iron" :D

Reactions: Lethosos
S

Steph32

I forgot about Jabba over the time since Drawers made a better work than it.
But it got an update and fills a nice niche now.
Barrels are cheaper than ever to craft and Upgrades are not as tedious as before.
Also, there is the Barrel Painter that you can Shift Right Click and select a lot of block to Paint the barrel with. (for free and as often as you like)
There's the Void Upgrade and they hold tons of Items. So I think for early game they are better than drawers because cheaper and for late game they make a good and more beautiful alternative for quantum storage.
I just discovered drawers with my recent installment of FTB Beyond. Thought they were super cool cuz the upgrades with Jabba Barrels were a pain and they were kinda ugly. But now I'm sad that Jabba isn't in FTB Beyond....

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I just discovered drawers with my recent installment of FTB Beyond. Thought they were super cool cuz the upgrades with Jabba Barrels were a pain and they were kinda ugly. But now I'm sad that Jabba isn't in FTB Beyond....
Jabba isn't in Beyond but Yabba is. Its sick because one of the upgrades is, infinite capacity.

S

Steph32

Jabba isn't in Beyond but Yabba is. Its sick because one of the upgrades is, infinite capacity.
I've used Yabba before. But the textures are so 8-bit that it makes any build look rough....
I think I will stick with drawers in combination with Refined Storage.
But thank you :)

V

Viperion

Speaking of drawers, thanks to the "Progressive Adventure" modpack I discovered the Framing Table - you can create your own custom drawers (like, marble front, cobblestone sides, and Obsidian trim) - the possibilities are endless and they drawers look really cool!

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of drawers, thanks to the "Progressive Adventure" modpack I discovered the Framing Table - you can create your own custom drawers (like, marble front, cobblestone sides, and Obsidian trim) - the possibilities are endless and they drawers look really cool!

This feature has been around for a long time, but is often overlooked. I'll admit I don't use it as often as I should though.

V

Viperion

This feature has been around for a long time, but is often overlooked. I'll admit I don't use it as often as I should though.
I only found out about it last night as it's a reward from one of the quests (this is partly why I like playing HQM packs) - I can't check right now as I'm at work but does it also work on Compacting Drawers? Cos those things are uuuuugly in their default skin

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I think the author of the mod optimized it, but be careful of large arrays of framed drawers hooked up to something that refreshes them a lot(Like AE). It will really tank performance.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I think the author of the mod optimized it, but be careful of large arrays of framed drawers hooked up to something that refreshes them a lot(Like AE). It will really tank performance.
Isn't there a way to hide whats in the drawers?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Isn't there a way to hide whats in the drawers?
It is not the little icons in the drawers that causes it. It is every drawer has to render 3-4 textures or something every time the network/chunk/whatever refreshes. And they all has to be processed since they could all be different. I think, I don't know the technical stuff. I just know that it caused havoc for me on a world, and mod author warned about it.

The framed ones are great for the odd aesthetic drawer here and there. But you would want to stick to normal ones on your main (probably over the top) storage network.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
After you guys were discussing adding Mekanism to Beyond. I decided to take a look for myself. I've used Mekanism in the past, but never the generators. It turns that the generators are extremely good. A wind turbine can produce a 100 RF/t. And they're quit cheap to make, Im currently trying to get the gas burning generator. Seems a little broken.