What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Wasn't trying to be sarcastic or snide. Though I am not to sure on the definition of snide. I don't like the sound of it though.

Was just trying to tease a little. By saying one thing and then showing the exact opposite was the truth.
That is exactly sarcasm.

You could've worded the caption on your post better to make the sarcasm stand out more, and not look like you literally didn't see the buttons right there in the screenshot. "Nope, no way to disable it. None at all. :p" would work well.

Reactions: DeathOfTime and rhn

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
That is exactly sarcasm.

You could've worded the caption on your post better to make the sarcasm stand out more, and not look like you literally didn't see the buttons right there in the screenshot. "Nope, no way to disable it. None at all. :p" would work well.
I will disagree. Sarcasm is defined differently then what my intent was. For it to be sarcasm my intent would have had to been different then it was. It lists intent to hurt among in the definition. While I was intending a initial state of disappointment I wasn't intending to hurt with the entire statement. If I intended to hurt I would have worded it meanly.

Whatever, frankly I am done with this. Have a nice day. It hurts enough to know I am taken wrongly. It hurts even more to argue semantics. So, later.

Edit:
Dang, I didn't realize how tired I was. Sleep really does the body good.

I totally worded that last part wrong anyway. It should be it hurts knowing I can't properly express myself the way I want to. Having to constantly go over how bad I am at it doesn't help either.

I don't take being wrong lightly. I think I might have a lot of "know it all" in me. Even though I know better it still distresses me to be wrong. It distresses me further that it happens so often. I already know that my knowledge in some categories is acceptable, and that my ability to further that knowledge is extreme. In others though the exact opposite to both is all to often true.

I am sorry for any toes I have crushed, or feelings hurt.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Was attempting to use the "Equal Trade torches for blocks" trick to quicker mine some stuff, but got tired of all the torches sticking everywhere. Thought it would be cool if I could either use something that could not stick or quickly pull the stuck items down again.

Then it hit me! Flowers(Poppy, Dandelion etc.) can be Equal Traded, they wont stick to blocks other than dirt/grass(it bugs out a bit sometimes and sticks to stone stuff anyway), and those that do stick can be removed extremely easy again with the Horn of the Wild from Botania!

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
... You can mine out ores by swapping in flowers???

Yeish, no wonder I think that "equal trade" is excessive.

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019

Which is why I don't start my players with the Equal Trade tech item (whose name eludes me at the moment), even though I think it would be great for early building. (Build cobble stone structure, equal trade into nice looking place)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

"excessive" seems a bit excessive. I do love "mining" obsidian with equal trade, but mostly because doing it with (for instance) a diamond pickaxe gives me carpal tunnel. Magical extrication is sensible in many packs.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, gee. If only there was some machine that could take lava and water pumped in, and deposit obsidian as an item directly ...

Maybe something that cooled lava, using a powered fan or coolant. Or just poured it out into a sturdy cooling table. Or just used "minecraft magic" and just said that one bucket of each gave one item of obsidian.

Oh wait, I bet all three of those exist.

Yea, obsidian is hard to *move* in vanilla, but not hard to *create* where you want it.

EDIT: I just realized: How long does a speed 5 diamond pickaxe take? Haste potion? Beacon bonus?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Taint in the new Thaumcraft if a major pain in the arse..

Just watched a vid by barodas22 on YouTube. Damned stuff ate up his base so fast he had to bail on it. Yikes!

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

*Edited for the youtuber's name.. I was on my phone and couldn't remember it LOL

Last edited:

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Was attempting to use the "Equal Trade torches for blocks" trick to quicker mine some stuff, but got tired of all the torches sticking everywhere. Thought it would be cool if I could either use something that could not stick or quickly pull the stuck items down again.

Then it hit me! Flowers(Poppy, Dandelion etc.) can be Equal Traded, they wont stick to blocks other than dirt/grass(it bugs out a bit sometimes and sticks to stone stuff anyway), and those that do stick can be removed extremely easy again with the Horn of the Wild from Botania!

I was using Saplings since TC3. They self-eject just as good as flowers, are easier to obtain in numbers, and if you need a wood at the bottom of the cave system because you have ran of torches or tool durability, you can
get some dirt, skeleton bones, saplings and make some.

Also, this trick can be used with Building Focus too.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheLoneWolfling

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hmm, gee. If only there was some machine that could take lava and water pumped in, and deposit obsidian as an item directly ...

Maybe something that cooled lava, using a powered fan or coolant. Or just poured it out into a sturdy cooling table. Or just used "minecraft magic" and just said that one bucket of each gave one item of obsidian.

Oh wait, I bet all three of those exist.

Yea, obsidian is hard to *move* in vanilla, but not hard to *create* where you want it.

EDIT: I just realized: How long does a speed 5 diamond pickaxe take? Haste potion? Beacon bonus?
I'm not sure what your point is dude. If this is in reference to my mining obsidian with equal trade, how do the machines in your packs have anything to do with the wands in my packs?

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Taint in the new Thaumcraft if a major pain in the arse..

Just watched a vid by barodass on YouTube. Damned stuff ate up his base so fast he had to bail on it. Yikes!

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger
Looked up that channel on youtube. It corrected my spelling and gave me two results that weren't related. looked it up on here and got no results. Could I please get a link to the channel?

Your app sign off message is really nice. Goes well with the avatar.

Edit:
Barodas22 came up as a result on a Internet search engine. Seams like it might be the right channel.

Last edited:

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Yeah, Barodas22 is the guy :)

Very small channel, but I enjoy watching it :)

The video I am referencing is at this link:

The horrors are real... The panic is painful. Not only the change to how taint can generate (via a Totem mechanic that you use to manipulate aura) but how the Ethereal Blooms deal with taint is different, and devastating as well.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I finally sat down last night and did my first computercraft program. I've been putting this off for several years.

Its a simple thing that acts like an SR-Latch: when my energy stores get too high, turn off reactors for a while. When they get too low, turn them back on again.

Reactions: JustHeyo

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I finally sat down last night and did my first computercraft program. I've been putting this off for several years.

Its a simple thing that acts like an SR-Latch: when my energy stores get too high, turn off reactors for a while. When they get too low, turn them back on again.
Welcome to the cc club :p

As you might have noticed the default editor of cc is kind of bad so just as a general tip for everyone that wants to make a script for cc you can edit a script in any editor you like if the save is local even while the game is running and even while the script is running. You will have to relaunch the script for any changes to take effect though.
The files are at {your save file}/computer/{your computer id}/{your script}
Do note though that you first need to save a non-empty file using the computer before its folder gets created.

Reactions: Linda Hartlen

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Welcome to the cc club :p

As you might have noticed the default editor of cc is kind of bad so just as a general tip for everyone that wants to make a script for cc you can edit a script in any editor you like if the save is local even while the game is running and even while the script is running. You will have to relaunch the script for any changes to take effect though.
The files are at {your save file}/computer/{your computer id}/{your script}
Do note though that you first need to save a non-empty file using the computer before its folder gets created.
I wasted 5 minutes of my life before I decided to figure this out myself. Although now I kinda wanna dig up a dedicated lua editor. Notepad is terrible. (I'll probably try notepad++ tonight)