What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
You can use the traveller's belt from TiC to have essentially two hotbars. Anything in your hotbar will be sucked up by the belt upon activation, and anything in it when you activate it next will be swapped with the items from before.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Floating botania flowers aren't uprooted or damaged by fluids. Specifically lava.

So thermalilies.

One of the nether bee species I have cultivated produces phosphor, which I've been processing into lava and which is currently sat in huge amounts in my ME network.

For this art attack you will need:
1 Fluid formation plane
8 Floating thermalilies
1 Mana spreader
1 Mana pool

Repeat ad nauseam.

For great justice and double spacing!

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Floating botania flowers aren't uprooted or damaged by fluids. Specifically lava.

So thermalilies.

One of the nether bee species I have cultivated produces phosphor, which I've been processing into lava and which is currently sat in huge amounts in my ME network.

For this art attack you will need:
1 Fluid formation plane
8 Floating thermalilies
1 Mana spreader
1 Mana pool

Repeat ad nauseam.

For great justice and double spacing!
This has been known for along time, I believe Direwolf20 used it in one of his videos.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
On that note, one cool little thing I noticed a few months back: AromaBackup's default settings can consume huge amounts of disk space. It's a good idea to change them to keep less copies around.
Yeah that was probably the bulk of it.

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
Just discovered that Enderio item conduit can send and receive at the same time. I knew it had colored channels, but I thought you had to choose between sending OR receiving.

Waffules

Jul 29, 2019
Today I learned that Tinkers' Construct Smelteries won't cast Dark Steel Blocks in the casting basin or in ingots. Seeing as how Dark Steel is Extra TiC, how does this make sense. They don't cross support the same mod?
I also learned that Mystcraft + TiC + Blutonium Rivers = Infinite reactor fuel.

Reactions: KyunaKyuna

Waffules

Jul 29, 2019
What's the instability of that mystcraft age like?
The Blutonium one had no affects and was pure Endstone with Blutonium rivers that lasted about 200 blocks in length.
However the Dark Steel age took about 10 books before realizing we were never going to get it without affects. That's including about 10 pages of stability (sun, moon, biome, weather, etc.) and 2 pages of instability which were the Molten Dark Steel and Deep lakes or Large Ocean Biome I think. We had to turn instabilities off for the age just to find out that we can't even use it pretty much. I decided my drawn out days by the alloy smelter weren't over. However I do have 1,500 buckets full of molten Dark Steel via tanks if they ever decide to make smelteries compatible with Extra TiC!