What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pickypicky

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday I discovered that FTB has werewolves.

Had been playing mostly-vanilla MC for about a year; have only been playing FTB for about a month, and the server I was on was down for the last week or two of that. So while that server was down I started my own world. Was playing on creative near some villagers, doing something innocuous. Client disconnected me. When I got back in about a minute later, there was growling and the iron golem near me was throwing a werewolf that kept attacking it. All three of the nearest villagers were now werewolves (I couldn't see the other villagers from where I was). Sure glad I was in creative!

Looked up how to get RID of werewolves... not so easy.

Reactions: xTordX

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Yesterday I discovered that FTB has werewolves.

Had been playing mostly-vanilla MC for about a year; have only been playing FTB for about a month, and the server I was on was down for the last week or two of that. So while that server was down I started my own world. Was playing on creative near some villagers, doing something innocuous. Client disconnected me. When I got back in about a minute later, there was growling and the iron golem near me was throwing a werewolf that kept attacking it. All three of the nearest villagers were now werewolves (I couldn't see the other villagers from where I was). Sure glad I was in creative!

Looked up how to get RID of werewolves... not so easy.
You know you can become one? Has a few benefits and downsides, but you kinda look weird...

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
Oh...
You're right there.

You can also hold a dead person's hand and use it as a wand.
BECAUSE WITCHERY

Reactions: gold49

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Today I discovered a computercraft script that makes the turtle mine more effeciently. It's a nice ;) faster than a bc quarry

Reactions: xTordX

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Today I discovered a computercraft script that makes the turtle mine more effeciently. It's a nice ;) faster than a bc quarry
The one that clears every third layer mining ores from above and below? Don't do it anywhere near your base, or you will get rendering lag due to all the occluded surfaces. I believe this is supposed to be fixed in 1.8, though.

Reactions: ljfa and Psychicash

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
The one that clears every third layer mining ores from above and below? Don't do it anywhere near your base, or you will get rendering lag due to all the occluded surfaces. I believe this is supposed to be fixed in 1.8, though.

Aroma's mining age ftw

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It is still pretty good and fast very early game alternative if you just let it mine out everything.