What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Does EE3 have a blacklist for pulling items out of the table? I know that ore can't be, but that's hard coded on the word "ore" in the item name. Sounds like the Tree of Time, Sorting Tree, etc. should all be blacklisted. EE3 is young.
Everything should be overridable. And blacklisting item creation in the tablet is something I wanted from projectE for a while but never got it.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Does EE3 have a blacklist for pulling items out of the table? I know that ore can't be, but that's hard coded on the word "ore" in the item name. Sounds like the Tree of Time, Sorting Tree, etc. should all be blacklisted. EE3 is young.

Can manually set the items to not have EMC values, overriding their default oredict values.

Edit: Would probably be a useful function for Mine/Mod tweaker.

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
Found a method called "shouldTroll" while browsing ExtraUtilities' code. Apparently it will generate a number based on the world's seed, mod's version, and player's id and name, and use that to check if that player gets the Kikoku sword or the epic music disk.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Found a method called "shouldTroll" while browsing ExtraUtilities' code. Apparently it will generate a number based on the world's seed, mod's version, and player's id and name, and use that to check if that player gets the Kikoku sword or the epic music disk.

So THAT'S why some people claim it works! :O

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
There's a way to disable the Security of AE2 in the config, to allow one to make a Wireless Terminal without needing to set up a security block (as they get removed from your world).
In SSP, I don't see this being an issue.

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Not sure if this counts as "cool" or not, but I learned something yesterday: mining at very low Y-levels with Ender Zoo installed is a risky business. It's no fun at all to hear a concussion creeper go off behind you and find yourself in the void (without flight) ...

Reactions: xTordX

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Not sure if this counts as "cool" or not, but I learned something yesterday: mining at very low Y-levels with Ender Zoo installed is a risky business. It's no fun at all to hear a concussion creeper go off behind you and find yourself in the void (without flight) ...
Ooh, could this be another way to get above the Nether roof? I guess buckets of ender would be easier.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
So for certain people on a certain version of XU in a certain world, it'd be possible to get the sword...?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
That thread is the opposite of cool.
Still though; I didn't know that was possible. It allows you to carry around a ton of vis at once for runic shielding... at the cost of utter uselessness for other projects. :p

*edit: ooh, just noticed your latest status. That looks fancy. FM is really great by the way!

Reactions: SpitefulFox

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Turns out elephants from Dark Menagerie aren't just giant punching bags and you actually CAN hurt them. Shot one with a Twilight Scepter and it actually took damage and aggroed at me. So, they're harmable, just with really bizarre collision detection?

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I found a naga... which was promptly sucked into an hungry node. I attacked from afar and found out that the naga had the "sticky" suffix from infernal mobs...

So, a hungry node helped me for a change !