What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I learned that this thread hit 100 pages. Looking back through, I learned some things I had overlooked before (or since forgotten).

Thanks to all for the knowledge dump. :cool:

Last edited:

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Turns out elephants from Dark Menagerie aren't just giant punching bags and you actually CAN hurt them. Shot one with a Twilight Scepter and it actually took damage and aggroed at me. So, they're harmable, just with really bizarre collision detection?
It's still in beta, so it's not as polished as I'd like to use it for in my modpack.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I learned that lighting up your stripmine in Departed doesn't prevent mob spawns. My stripmine is swarming with Faceless runners and those void things.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
An augmented igneous extruder can be quite fast in producing cobblestone...not as fast as a transfer node of course but using it to make e.g. AE2 matter balls is much more feasible now

Reactions: xTordX

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
You should have read the instruction book.
I read as far as [Don't live in these biomes because you can't kill anything and bad things will happen] part. Figured that would be the most important part. I did get some void armor though, so not all bad came from this.

EDit: oddly enough, things only seem to be spawning in 3 of my dozen or so mining branches.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
No, but I will this week-end! Hm, I'm looking forward to turning an entire ghast tower into dirt.
I guess people play Twilight Forest some variation of two ways. Some people will play with honor rules, and they will play through the dungeons normally, conquering the monsters and stuff. They'll use other mod stuff, but not abusively. The other kind of people cheese it to all get out: final boss in a tower? Jetpack up! Redstone contraption for a door? My mining laser makes doors wherever I want! The boss has incredible armor but several weak spots? Screw the weak spots, I have a manyullyn rapier!

I'm not saying either way is wrong, but I am saying that Cheesing the dungeons is humorous. :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I guess people play Twilight Forest some variation of two ways. Some people will play with honor rules, and they will play through the dungeons normally, conquering the monsters and stuff. They'll use other mod stuff, but not abusively. The other kind of people cheese it to all get out: final boss in a tower? Jetpack up! Redstone contraption for a door? My mining laser makes doors wherever I want! The boss has incredible armor but several weak spots? Screw the weak spots, I have a manyullyn rapier!

I'm not saying either way is wrong, but I am saying that Cheesing the dungeons is humorous. :)
I generally end up going like this:
"Bosses? Hmrph.. What about all these new unique blocks his lair is build out of that I can snatch and use for myself!"
:p

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
No, but I will this week-end! Hm, I'm looking forward to turning an entire ghast tower into dirt.

I once did, and afterwards I tried to use a bound shovel to take down the tower of dirt... bad plan, I had to relog like 20 times because of ghost blocks and incredible lag

it's the same as Thaumcraft for me, doing it legit once is fun, doing it legit more than once... no thank you.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
it's the same as Thaumcraft for me, doing it legit once is fun, doing it legit more than once... no thank you.

it may just be that i'm incredibly anally retentive (I do have my CD collection ordered alphabetically by band, then chronologically in the case of multiple CDs by the same band), but going through the contents of my inventory scanning them for aspects is something I find therapeutic :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Having been the victim of that "completely reset ALL your research" bug in 1.6.4 multiple times have really ruined it for me tbh. I didn't find the process riveting to start with, but then after having spend all the time getting that progress it was just gone... And I would just end up spawning in the creative book anyway as it would almost certainly reset again later.

I honestly liked the TC3 research process more I think. Or maybe it is nostalgia.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
Probably nostalgia. Wasn't that good.
I do remember it was nice and simple back then ;~;
*stabbed in the heart* Ack! God... Dammit... nostalgiaaa!!!
*ded x_x

Reactions: Type1Ninja and rhn

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah... Wait...
Which one had the symbols to move around and which one had item consumption?