What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Not something I discovered today as much as discovered over the past two days. Tinkers' Construct Traveler's Wings are the most fun i've had in minecraft in a long, long time. Traveler's wings with double jump and slow fall, with Botania's Sojourner's Sash, Thaumcraft Boots of the traveler, and TiC Long Sword's Lunge Ability makes for the highest and longest jumps i've ever made in minecraft.

For anyone that hasn't played with Tinkers' Traveler's Gear, do it. Just do it.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Not something I discovered today as much as discovered over the past two days. Tinkers' Construct Traveler's Wings are the most fun i've had in minecraft in a long, long time. Traveler's wings with double jump and slow fall, with Botania's Sojourner's Sash, Thaumcraft Boots of the traveler, and TiC Long Sword's Lunge Ability makes for the highest and longest jumps i've ever made in minecraft.

Yeah I'm also using the wings but only with one feather falling mod without double jump. Double jump is too iffy to use when you already jump 4 blocks high by default. Long sword lunge is more consistent to use. I prefer the hang glider, though. Put on the ice pendant from Botania and jump glide across oceans without having to swim.

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019

even more fun with ascent boost enchant on some leggings

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Latest Infinity has Portal Guns mod, and there are two dragons in The End. I am not referring to the islands created by Draconic, there were two on the main island. They nearly got me as I wasn't paying attention to my health, I was down to half a heart at one point, good thing I brought some extra hearts with me to snack on just in case.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
1. Put magic sapling in JABBA barrel.
2. Right click barrel holding a stack of boring vanilla oak saplings.
3. Whistle innocently.

I wonder if this automatable... put a barrel next to it full of vanilla oak saplings and hook an ender io conduit to transfer it... ? also does this work between other vanilla saplings... like if I have oak and 1 birch or rubber but I want 100 for my farm... or for storage purposes... inquiring minds wish to know?

Reactions: SpitefulFox

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I wonder if this automatable... put a barrel next to it full of vanilla oak saplings and hook an ender io conduit to transfer it... ? also does this work between other vanilla saplings... like if I have oak and 1 birch or rubber but I want 100 for my farm... or for storage purposes... inquiring minds wish to know?
Reminds me of a little 1.4.7 "bug" involving
Factorization Routers, Barrels and then Enchanted Books :p
My sorting system ate a bunch of them(made a lot of cool enchants into projectile protection 2 I think), so took revenge and copied some cool enchants with it :p

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
So when the world got destroyed, Thaumcraft research should have changed to be easier in a post-destruction environment?
No. My comment was on the difficulty difference between "normal" and "easy". Normal reuires more work, but you're less likely to screw yourself with overspending of points. Easy is a click-and-play mechanic, but you rarely have enough points for everything, so you end yp with gaps in your knowledge.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
No. My comment was on the difficulty difference between "normal" and "easy". Normal reuires more work, but you're less likely to screw yourself with overspending of points. Easy is a click-and-play mechanic, but you rarely have enough points for everything, so you end yp with gaps in your knowledge.
Ah, I see, I mis-read your post. But with 3 banks of 8 deconstruction tables being constantly fed silicon, sugar cane, and cobblestone, research aspects never really run out.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Today I discovered some mod adds a peaceful mode only recipe for nether stars... Then it requires either skulls... Fail but cool

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Today I discovered some mod adds a peaceful mode only recipe for nether stars... Then it requires either skulls... Fail but cool
Probably Extra Utilties. The same mod does have a way to obtain moster drops in peaceful mode though (Peaceful Table).

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think I've ever seen a either skull drop on a table

Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The drop is just as rare as if you had actually killed the mob.

Did you seriously think RWTema would just add a "peaceful mode" recipe that can't be crafted in peaceful mode?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Normally in vanilla, mobs other than wither skeletons don't drop skulls anyway.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I used to use the table all the time on my laptop because the performance couldn't handle mobs.

Now it's better. But the whole time I used it I never got a wither skull.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
As stated above, spawning conditions must be adequate to have spawned the mob naturally (except light level?). Thus, in order to get any Nether mob drops, you would.have to place it in the nether. Wither Skeletons only spawn in a single biome, so that narrows your placement further.

As an aside, last I knew, a Peaceful Table placed in the End will generate solely Ender Pearls (as only Enderman spawn there).