What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Does absolutely everything have to be gregteched? ffs. Sometimes, it's just fun to be "OP" and kick the shit out of a Boss instead of grinding away at repetitive pointless menial tasks. If you don't wanna be "OP", then don't use it. Why is it it so important to govern how everyone plays the game?
I have no issue with this in principal but did someone somehow drag GT into this?

Over-the-top buff tools are absolutely a ton of fun in the right packs, there's no question about that. But when "op-ness" and hard-core play is involved, the discussion has nothing to do with GT and everything to do with simply trying to create a balanced, streamlined experience.

Also, the good old "repetitive pointless menial tasks" jargon is irrelevant, since I may personally view kicking the shit out of a boss a "repetitive pointless menial task", and consider manufacturing screws and widgets to be enlightening and challenging.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting reddit post on Ender Quarry power use, something people are always asking about on the forums, it seems:

http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeas...ity_i_did_some_testing_on_the_power_usage_of/

lemme see if I can embed the image of the experiment's results - yep, it's in spoiler

825eb3ac20.png

This is always a lively topic for discussion - there's some good comments in the reddit. Do these numbers make sense? Silk Touch is basically free! Sorry, no Fortune III included in the experiment, but who uses that anyways? Just process your silk touched ores back at base with Fortune somehow, someway.

Last edited:

kajoman

Jul 29, 2019
What version of TiCo are you using for this? I remember being disappointed before by claims of high powered crossbows after discovering the mechanics got a huge nerf in the Infinity 1.4+ packs.

The ExtraTic is Version 1.4.5 and the TiCo version is 1.8.5

Also, new discovery (while testing the OPness of the crossbow); it is a terrible idea to spawn a hydra on top of a flat world with the water world preset (unless you want the largest whirlpool of all time to appear and your computer to stutter for an hour)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Interesting reddit post on Ender Quarry power use, something people are always asking about on the forums, it seems:

http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeas...ity_i_did_some_testing_on_the_power_usage_of/

lemme see if I can embed the image of the experiment's results - yep, it's in spoiler

825eb3ac20.png

This is always a lively topic for discussion - there's some good comments in the reddit. Do these numbers make sense? Silk Touch is basically free! Sorry, no Fortune III included in the experiment, but who uses that anyways? Just process your silk touched ores back at base with Fortune somehow, someway.
I wouldent mind Silk Touch being free as long as "fortuning" it back at base would cost something. But there will always be tons of cross mod exploits to get around that. So yeah in a balanced world it should cost something. Slightly less than Fortune due to the extra infrastructure needed IMO.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldent mind Silk Touch being free as long as "fortuning" it back at base would cost something. But there will always be tons of cross mod exploits to get around that. So yeah in a balanced world it should cost something. Slightly less than Fortune due to the extra infrastructure needed IMO.

The numbers did surprise me. I've never heard anyone say "Ender Quarry Silk Touch upgrade doesn't cost anything" before. And the Speed upgrades apparently cost 3x/9x/27x, roughly? Is that correct or not? Those numbers don't sound right to me but I haven't checked a wiki or NEI.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The numbers did surprise me. I've never heard anyone say "Ender Quarry Silk Touch upgrade doesn't cost anything" before. And the Speed upgrades apparently cost 3x/9x/27x, roughly? Is that correct or not? Those numbers don't sound right to me but I haven't checked a wiki or NEI.
I would guess the speed energy cost goes up something like:
Power*SpeedCoefficient^(SpeedLevel)
With a coefficient of 3 that fits perfectly. And it corresponds directly with QuarryPlus where it seems to borrow quite a bit:
http://yogpstopmcmods.sourceforge.net/en_US/qp/Readme.html

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
The numbers are misleading. That test was done on a flat world that only had dirt and grass. Silk Touch upgrade doesn't take more power unless the block requires it so the minimal increase comes from the grass being silk touched. If you are quarrying regular terrain there's going to be a ton of stone that gets silk touched.

Reactions: asb3pe

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The numbers are misleading. That test was done on a flat world that only had dirt and grass. Silk Touch upgrade doesn't take more power unless the block requires it so the minimal increase comes from the grass being silk touched. If you are quarrying regular terrain there's going to be a ton of stone that gets silk touched.
Yeah, just read through it and tbh that data is as good as useless. There is no documentation on how it is obtained and apparently it is obtained on mining things that would not even cause the increased power drain from Silk Touch... It could very well be that the Quarry have some like a 2x multiplier on blocks that it silk touch like the QuarryPlus does, but only those blocks that it Silk Touch. There is no way of knowing since apparently he just mined Dirt.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Well that settles it then. Sorry for the false alarm!

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
So I learned that Jabba barrels have functionally one Inventory Slot for the purpose of pulling it out from pipes.

I also learned that you can side step it by using Diamond chests which have IDK amount of slots.

This is in relation to pulling cobble from Trasfer nodes with 5 stacks of world interaction upgrades (+10 Speed upgrades)

Reactions: Type1Ninja

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Whoa, what happened to it? The MCF page says it's updated to 1.7.10.
I suspect/guess that now that the EnderQuarry have pretty much copied all its features, the FTB devs deemed there was no need for mod duplication and decided against adding it.

Sad though as it add many other things than then Quarry. But then again it does suffer from balance issues IMO (personally don't like the Unbreaking enchants) unless you modify the configs or restrain your self.