What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Is the nether considered a single biome?
Your question is slightly wrong but the answer you want is yes. The Nether is a dimension that only has one biome generating in it; Hell. You can get Hell biome elsewhere (Mystcraft) and the only difference is that you can place water there. That mechanic is specific to the Nether dimension.

Nether Fortresses work differently, they're not biomes. Instead, there is special structure data that dictates where a Fortress is. This is also used by Witch Huts (and Water Temples in 1.8). So far structure data is only used to determine what can spawn in those structures.

No. The biome in question is "Nether Fortress". Especially in a BoP world, the Nether is full of different biomes.
They're not biomes with BoP either, the structure code works independently of biomes.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
See this it's where instruction manuals could be helpful. I loaded an old world and my table was just hanging out, not in a fortress. But the information I had at the time was just stick in the nether with a chest and a sword. I got other things but never a skull.

That explains it.

Reactions: Gamefury64

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
The reason I ask is I get wither skulls by putting overworld skeleton spawners in the nether, they seem to work no matter where I put them. I'm wondering if I put them in a fortress if they will work better.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
The reason I ask is I get wither skulls by putting overworld skeleton spawners in the nether, they seem to work no matter where I put them. I'm wondering if I put them in a fortress if they will work better.
They probably won't; wither skeletons being a sort of sub-mob from skeletons that only spawn in the nether, you'll probably get the same rates everywhere, as well as a couple regular skeletons. :p

buncheesy

Jul 29, 2019
Cool thing I discovered: The Promised land... then I found out they're removing it :( The moders givith and the moders takith away LOL

This is from BoP right? I am looking forward to my final building in this place. When you say "take away" . You don't mean update the version in ftb infinity I hope?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, the wither skeleton thing works like this: Any skeleton spawning in the Hell biome has a chance to be a wither skeleton (very high chance obviously) but only Fortresses will spawn skeletons (and blazes) naturally. So skeleton spawner spawns wither skeletons anywhere in the Nether at the same rate.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
I was worried I was never going to figure out how to get my player-automatic boat launcher to work (aka player stands on pressure plate and receives boat) through my AE2 Network.
I wanted to tell the network to not only stock the dispenser with boats, but also automatically craft them to keep the dispenser full.

I knew I needed an Export Bus, yet it wasn't capable of crafting. So that really put a delay in my plans.

Then I found out an Export Bus can be turned into what I want with a Crafting Card, and that solved my problem. Though I think I could had done the same thing with an Interface. Yet I don't think it would push the boats into the dispenser.

kajoman

Jul 29, 2019
I found that a crossbow made of pure Signalum (ExtraTiC metal) fires ludicrously fast and with the right bolts can do well over 100 hearts of damage per hit. The Boss killer has been found.

Reactions: Benie76

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I found that a crossbow made of pure Signalum (ExtraTiC metal) fires ludicrously fast and with the right bolts can do well over 100 hearts of damage per hit. The Boss killer has been found.
Why is Extra TiC updated that far in Infinity? What the hell modpack devs? Check your mods for new stuff that isn't ready for use yet. Seriously. At least disable Thermal Foundation support in the config if you want to update the mod even though those metals are the only reason to update it.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Why is Extra TiC updated that far in Infinity? What the hell modpack devs? Check your mods for new stuff that isn't ready for use yet. Seriously. At least disable Thermal Foundation support in the config if you want to update the mod even though those metals are the only reason to update it.

Today I learned that people will bitch about anything.

Seriously, Mod Devs, who do you think you are what with being prompt with your updates? And what gives you the right to provide cross-mod integration? Stop all this now before you enhance my play experience any further. Sheesh.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I do have a chance to get two sets of armor and weapons back from that chaos island. A sword that does 60 attack + 40% mob health does no good when you have to get close enough to use it, and one hit from a Guardian takes an entire layer of heart canisters.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019

... and I thought Reika's railgun was excessive; at least that requires major infrastructure to build and load.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

What version of TiCo are you using for this? I remember being disappointed before by claims of high powered crossbows after discovering the mechanics got a huge nerf in the Infinity 1.4+ packs.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
What version of TiCo are you using for this? I remember being disappointed before by claims of high powered crossbows after discovering the mechanics got a huge nerf in the Infinity 1.4+ packs.
Somebody's always got to be a fun sucker.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Today I learned that people will bitch about anything.

Seriously, Mod Devs, who do you think you are what with being prompt with your updates? And what gives you the right to provide cross-mod integration? Stop all this now before you enhance my play experience any further. Sheesh.
Nothing against cross mod things but those materials are seriously over the top.

Don't get me wrong here, I want to abuse this as bad as the next guy (maybe more). I just want to be sure its a viable solution before I put any time/resources forward.
Tinkers' Construct base mechanics for the bows got nerfed (not enough yet, imo). But here comes Extra TiC adding signalum and enderium with 4x the values of the best materials in base TiC breaking the bow damage again. You can assume it will get nerfed the very next update. That is why I'm slightly upset Infinity would include that version of Extra TiC. Maybe a little harsh but I would assume most people think these metals are way too good.

Reactions: SpitefulFox and rhn

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing against cross mod things but those materials are seriously over the top.

Tinkers' Construct base mechanics for the bows got nerfed (not enough yet, imo). But here comes Extra TiC adding signalum and enderium with 4x the values of the best materials in base TiC breaking the bow damage again. You can assume it will get nerfed the very next update. That is why I'm slightly upset Infinity would include that version of Extra TiC. Maybe a little harsh but I would assume most people think these metals are way too good.

Does absolutely everything have to be gregteched? ffs. Sometimes, it's just fun to be "OP" and kick the shit out of a Boss instead of grinding away at repetitive pointless menial tasks. If you don't wanna be "OP", then don't use it. Why is it it so important to govern how everyone plays the game?