What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
If your HP turbine multiblock is being a bit spazzy and not recognising that it's a multiblock, remove one of the turbine blade blocks and replace it.

Apparently the turbine blades are the determinant in checking the shape of the structure.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If your HP turbine multiblock is being a bit spazzy and not recognising that it's a multiblock, remove one of the turbine blade blocks and replace it.

Apparently the turbine blades are the determinant in checking the shape of the structure.
In ReactorCraft? I had the same success just replacing any casing block. Granted this was like 12 versions ago.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
In ReactorCraft? I had the same success just replacing any casing block. Granted this was like 12 versions ago.

I'm using the latest version and I was having some difficulty getting the thing to recognise itself. Removing and replacing casing blocks and the actual HP turbine core blocks didn't seem to do anything but removing one of the turbine blade blocks did the trick :)

Reactions: Pyure

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Watering an Enderman with a watering can damages it like rain, but does not cause it to tp away or aggro.
e80804.jpg

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
This is not a cool thing, but I learned a little bit about the way lightning is rendered in vanilla. Lightning is somehow connected with the client, but it is simultaneously related to the server. It's hard to explain - if a player makes lightning, using a mod item, perhaps, then it registers with the server, doing to damage to entities in the area and lighting fires. That player will also SEE the lightning, but other players will not. This causes issues when trying to use, say, an autonomous activator + lightning item to make an epic lightning rod, because the AA is registered as a separate player. If anyone knows of any mods that give you a block that can summon lightning (but not IC2 or GregTech), let me know. :p

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
This is not a cool thing, but I learned a little bit about the way lightning is rendered in vanilla. Lightning is somehow connected with the client, but it is simultaneously related to the server. It's hard to explain - if a player makes lightning, using a mod item, perhaps, then it registers with the server, doing to damage to entities in the area and lighting fires. That player will also SEE the lightning, but other players will not. This causes issues when trying to use, say, an autonomous activator + lightning item to make an epic lightning rod, because the AA is registered as a separate player. If anyone knows of any mods that give you a block that can summon lightning (but not IC2 or GregTech), let me know. :p
Yeah, the lightning code is fucked up

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Exited Bees from Extra Bees.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

gold49

Jul 29, 2019

I think the ritual to summon rain/night in blood magic may summon lightning, but I really do not remember of the top of my head

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
@rhn and @gold49: Unfortunately, I haven't got either of those mods.
I would like to learn to code at some point, and I plan on making a mad science mod, complete with things that generate power from and use power to create lightning - visible to everyone. :p
After all, it isn't an evil base without lightning, right?

Reactions: xTordX