What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered that emping a node, then transducing it will mean it will have about 250 of every primal aspect.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I learned the awesomeness of glowstone. Colored and sawed in half and again and again. I can now make light giving strips of crown molding or baseboards. It also makes good accents for borders where blocks change from one type or texture to another. Plus light lol

Reactions: xTordX

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Today I learned how confusing it can be to handle wires that can transmit signals both ways.

- Tales from me as @Vic's bugfixing slave

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
When holding down rick click on a JABBA barrel with nothing in your hand, it takes the first thing in your hotbar.

Not cool nor useful, I just didn't know it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Natura berry bushes can be Bone-meal'ed once to grow to full size, and again to grow a new bush on top of it. Hardly any point to it since they grow so fast and are so abundant, but its possible :p

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Click link from quoted post before reading spoiler. Seriously, it's funny and the info in the spoiler ruins it. Take my advice as one citizen of the internet to another. :)
Can't believe I fell for that.
The worst is when I fall for the same one twice, like the "Interdimensional Gates" mod on iChun's blog (I think it's still there?). I clicked that once and totally facepalmed.
Then like a month later I did it again and facepalmed harder.
Overall, well-played, good sir. ;)

... To anyone else reading:
"I could give you my word as a Citizen of the Internet."
"No good. I've known too many Citizens of the Internet."
Kudos to you if you get the quote. :p

Reactions: Eruantien and rhn

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Click link from quoted post before reading spoiler. Seriously, it's funny and the info in the spoiler ruins it. Take my advice as one citizen of the internet to another. :)
Can't believe I fell for that.
The worst is when I fall for the same one twice, like the "Interdimensional Gates" mod on iChun's blog (I think it's still there?). I clicked that once and totally facepalmed.
Then like a month later I did it again and facepalmed harder.
Overall, well-played, good sir. ;)

... To anyone else reading:
"I could give you my word as a Citizen of the Internet."
"No good. I've known too many Citizens of the Internet."
Kudos to you if you get the quote. :p
It's still there. It's gotten me like three times now... D:

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Having your wither-killing apparatus right next to a multiblock from another mod is a recipe for irritating collateral damage.

That's it, i'm moving my wither killer to my mob spawner dimension.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Today I learned how confusing it can be to handle wires that can transmit signals both ways.

- Tales from me as @Vic's bugfixing slave

You mean, like real world wires? Like signal extenders that send redstone pulses in both directions down a long wire, for use as a telegraph type device (sadly, last worked in 125 ... dang it all).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You mean, like real world wires? Like signal extenders that send redstone pulses in both directions down a long wire, for use as a telegraph type device (sadly, last worked in 125 ... dang it all).
Not sure if this is what you are looking for(or even talking about), but:
http://projectredwiki.com/wiki/Buffer_Gate

EDIT: actually when re-reading it I guess you actually want it to go both ways.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I'm talking about the Integrated Circuits mod.
It's the same as with vanilla redstone: A wire powers other wires next to it right? If you have some wires and give a redstone signal to one of them, it propagates to the other wires. What if you now remove the redstone source? The wire next to the source still has its neighbors powering it right? So will it stay on?

You see that this is nontrivial because signals can propagate in all directions. And I fixed a nasty bug that had to do with this.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm talking about the Integrated Circuits mod.
It's the same as with vanilla redstone: A wire powers other wires next to it right? If you have some wires and give a redstone signal to one of them, it propagates to the other wires. What if you now remove the redstone source? The wire next to the source still has its neighbors powering it right? So will it stay on?

You see that this is nontrivial because signals can propagate in all directions. And I fixed a nasty bug that had to do with this.
Sort of the same thing happens if you interface a MFR rednet cable and Project Red wires(at least in 1.6.4 versions). First one powers the second one, which in turn powers the first one.

Suppose it can be exploited to form very compact permanent memory circuits. Once triggered it will stay triggered for the entire session? Chunkload time? Forever? Guess it could be used for some adventure maps for something to keep track of achievements or progress.