What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I didn't know about that, what's the item name? I'll have to look it up.

Whoops, sorry about that.

The old notebook (3 leather in a V) is now a Collation Folder (leather center, string edge, leather center).
The new item is a Symbol Portfolio (three leather, string edge, 3 leather).

Forests of increased spawn rates of vanilla mobs and farmable plants producing vanilla items though vanilla items, are copyrightable ideas not seen before either. What a cool little thing.

And lowering density on (early on) unbreakable death traps, is totally the same thing as lowering density on things you can force to spawn in the world with just a little bonemeal, and that because one person didn't realise this it means no one willo_O.

Clearly you have a grievance with some mod or pack. I can't figure it out what you are referring to, and someone's bound to ask "what are you jabbering on about", so please, I implore you, do not answer them. Just keep it to yourself.

Actually, I'm 99.5% (3 sigma) certain that I know what they are referring to. I know of (a pair of) mods that do exactly that, that have existing controveries.

But yea, if they aren't going to be explicit, I'll ignore my suspicions.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
To the recent events discussion (aka lol drama) thread with ye, drama!

As for cool things, I don't recall if it's Steve's Factory Manager or Steve's Add-ons, but the camouflage options also allow disabling collision and rendering entirely

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Charm of the wither from magical crops.

One of them and a nice set of bound armour, I can stand in a warded room with the wither and just whale on his faces with impunity :)

Reactions: SpitefulFox
W

Wolfcraftian

Clearly you have a grievance with some mod or pack. I can't figure it out what you are referring to, and someone's bound to ask "what are you jabbering on about", so please, I implore you, do not answer them. Just keep it to yourself.

Yeah not like someone using false copyright claims to control and bully others in the community is a community issue. But no matter how dishonest or disingenous (as in the second point) these individuals are they will protected, so I well aware it's a waste breath to be specific. Don't worry yourself, you could have kept that to yourself.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing Mage Quest, and today I learned that the mob with the ghast-like cry and tears running down its face A) is from the mod Necromancy, B) is called Isaac, and C) Is deceptively dangerous.

Seriously. That thing starts off like a skeleton on crack and it only gets worse.

Reactions: gold49 and xTordX

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Yeah not like someone using false copyright claims to control and bully others in the community is a community issue. But no matter how dishonest or disingenous (as in the second point) these individuals are they will protected, so I well aware it's a waste breath to be specific. Don't worry yourself, you could have kept that to yourself.

If you have something to say (which you clearly do)- make a thread, have your say and be done. Or keep it to yourself. Entirely to yourself- either way, enough with the flamebaiting and not so subtle jabs at past drama thanks. No ones biting [at what you're hinting] so please stop trying to start fights.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
In the Hubris pack, I just discovered what I find to be the most aesthetically pleasing spell in all of Ars Magica 2.
2015-04-23_15.46.29.png

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Located in the latest magical crops (1.7.10 beta-2) config:
Code:
"3 disable/enable mod compatible crops, true = enabled, false = disabled" {
    B:"ALUMINIUM CROP"=true
    B:"ALUMITE CROP"=true
    B:"ARDITE CROP"=true
    B:"BLIZZ CROP"=true
    B:"BRONZE CROP"=true
    B:"CERTUSQUARTZ CROP"=true
    B:"COBALT CROP"=true
    B:"COPPER CROP"=true
    B:"ELECTRUM CROP"=true
    B:"ENDERIUM CROP"=true
    B:"FLUIX CROP"=true
    B:"INVAR CROP"=true
    B:"LEAD CROP"=true
    B:"LUMIUM CROP"=true
    B:"MANASTEEL CROP"=true
    B:"MANYULLYN CROP"=true
    B:"NICKEL CROP"=true
    B:"OSMIUM CROP"=true
    B:"PERIDOT CROP"=true
    B:"PLATINUM CROP"=true
    B:"RUBBER CROP"=true
    B:"RUBY CROP"=true
    B:"SALTPETER CROP"=true
    B:"SAPPHIRE CROP"=true
    B:"SIGNALUM CROP"=true
    B:"SILVER CROP"=true
    B:"STEEL CROP"=true
    B:"SULFUR CROP"=true
    B:"TERRASTEEL CROP"=true
    B:"TIN CROP"=true
    B:"YELLORITE CROP"=true
}

Reactions: xTordX

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Located in the latest magical crops (1.7.10 beta-2) config:
Code:
"3 disable/enable mod compatible crops, true = enabled, false = disabled" {
    B:"ALUMINIUM CROP"=true
    B:"ALUMITE CROP"=true
    B:"ARDITE CROP"=true
    B:"BLIZZ CROP"=true
    B:"BRONZE CROP"=true
    B:"CERTUSQUARTZ CROP"=true
    B:"COBALT CROP"=true
    B:"COPPER CROP"=true
    B:"ELECTRUM CROP"=true
    B:"ENDERIUM CROP"=true
    B:"FLUIX CROP"=true
    B:"INVAR CROP"=true
    B:"LEAD CROP"=true
    B:"LUMIUM CROP"=true
    B:"MANASTEEL CROP"=true
    B:"MANYULLYN CROP"=true
    B:"NICKEL CROP"=true
    B:"OSMIUM CROP"=true
    B:"PERIDOT CROP"=true
    B:"PLATINUM CROP"=true
    B:"RUBBER CROP"=true
    B:"RUBY CROP"=true
    B:"SALTPETER CROP"=true
    B:"SAPPHIRE CROP"=true
    B:"SIGNALUM CROP"=true
    B:"SILVER CROP"=true
    B:"STEEL CROP"=true
    B:"SULFUR CROP"=true
    B:"TERRASTEEL CROP"=true
    B:"TIN CROP"=true
    B:"YELLORITE CROP"=true
}
I know that magic crops is pretty overpowered, but some of these are ridiculous. I personally wouldn't grow the mana/terra steel since I like having to use the mana + iron instead of growing it.

Reactions: gold49

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Thing I found: All of the RFTools Dimension System. No, I really don't care how ugly the orbs/tendrils are, I think they. look. awesome. :D