What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
For images under 1mb, you can just drag and drop them into these posts directly :p

And while some F2 screenshots get above that limit, they're easy to convert to more compressed filetype (just open them in MS Paint, resave them as jpg or gif, and then drag and drop that instead)
True, but I personally hate viewing attachments. Prefer the properly inserted images.

Reactions: Strikingwolf

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Sorry for totally irrelevant image.
Drag-and-dropped.

Logo positioning.png

Hah you can see my last google search too. I fixed that bug btw :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm not sure what you mean, but when you drag and drop, you have the option of having either a thumbnail or the full image.
^Cool little things I learned today. Thought it was always the thumbnail which I hate :p

But I reckon I will still use Imgur. Grown rather used to being able to quickly find old images from anywhere should something come up in conversation again. And I find it no more work tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Do you like my new fireplace?
2015-04-01_23.45.26.jpg

Shame it doesn't actually emit light, I guess I could hide a glowstone microblock somewhere.
Hm, this is weird, the fire isn't rendered if there is no block underneath it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ljfa

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I would personally probably rather be dead than caught taking a picture of a monitor and posting it on the internet :p

Unless there was something actually wrong with the monitor and I had to convey that in a picture. Done that once :p
You should probably avoid the YouTube videos made by pointing a phone camera at the monitor then.

Reactions: krazy_kow

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
2015-04-01_23.45.26.jpg

Shame it doesn't actually emit light, I guess I could hide a glowstone microblock somewhere.

you could also paint a glowstone block with stone in the painter machine of Ender IO if you want a full block emitting light

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
you could also paint a glowstone block with stone in the painter machine of Ender IO if you want a full block emitting light
Wow, that's my cool thing discovered for the day, I thought it could only paint conduit facades!

So, for the benefit of anyone who hasn't figured it out yet...
Place a piece of chainmail armour in an Uncrafting Table (Twilight Forest)
Pick up the pieces of "Fire" that it uncrafts into (it was blacklisted in 1.4.7 which is the last time I tried this)
Craft a piece of Fire with a Structural Duct to craft 6 Thermal Dynamics covers
It's a shame there isn't a TD duct that's either invisible or tiny just for attaching covers onto.
To be honest I haven't tried the Fire with any of the other micropart methods, I doubt it will work with the FMP saw, but it might work with AE2.

Reactions: jokermatt999

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
2015-04-01_23.45.26.jpg

I have no idea what that fire thing is, but what exactly is wrong with good old Netherrack and actual fire? :p It emits fire and is animated just fine :p

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I have no idea what that fire thing is, but what exactly is wrong with good old Netherrack and actual fire? :p It emits fire and is animated just fine :p
Actual fire spreads onto wood. Sure, you can fake the wood using multiparts or painters, but I've also found that netherrack fire sometimes just goes out for no apparent reason. Also, just because.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Actual fire spreads onto wood. Sure, you can fake the wood using multiparts or painters, but I've also found that netherrack fire sometimes just goes out for no apparent reason. Also, just because.

Hmm, so you mean, having to actually make a chimney out of stone or bricks, and a non-flammable block on the ground in front of it? Maybe iron bars in front of the fire, just like the real world ash catcher?