What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently if you getting a running start when starting to fly with a jetpack from Simply Jetpacks you rocket off at a speed which I estimate as 2 chunks per second.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
I discovered @DrowElf's Hillarious signature.

Edit: I also discovered that Jaded, apparently, has a voice. Who knew?

Last edited:

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Heh :) makes me chuckle too.

I did! Have you not seen DireWolf20's latest Forgecraft series? Its like a who's-who of mod makers - and Jaded appears in at least one episode early on :D
Nope, havn't got a lot of time to watch videos :p

School + Being a mod + Needing to sleep a lot = Not really any time for YT vids :p

Colossis

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have that much time for her really. I was watching a video of her explaining Magic Farm iirc and she was saying why she'd changed some of the recipes and said "why? Because I said so". Not 'because I feel it adds an extra level of challenge' or anything like that. I've watched several of her streams and, while she is no doubt a talented modder/builder she just comes across as quite arrogant.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
This is not a "cool" thing, but I want to share it. Botania's very new redflux power generation is not good early game. Because to make it viable you need several generating flora. Say 30 daybloom would be enough to power your early game machines (pulverizer, furnace and a bit more). Seems pretty cheap and viable on paper, but the jaded amaranth require a fire rune which is made out of neither ressources. This alone prevent you to mass produce the dayblooms before you have a clear access to the neither. At which point you will have better power production option. Just can't build a botania farm quick enough to make it relevant at any point in the game.

Unless you burn alumentum in endoflame and then produce 3 coal out of it trought conjuration catalyst. And then burn chiseled sand and ice, centriuge it and produce 3 alumentum out of it :D.

CuteTurret

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, today I found a really cool thing. If you use the relocator from Gravitation Suite, and put it on the "translocator" mode, you can move basically almost any entity in the game. Now my house if full of those dragon healing crystals.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, today I found a really cool thing. If you use the relocator from Gravitation Suite, and put it on the "translocator" mode, you can move basically almost any entity in the game. Now my house if full of those dragon healing crystals.
Now click on one of them :D

Reactions: CuteTurret

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Not cool, but today I discovered that TiCo gravel ores and nether ores (cobalt, ardite) cannot be mined with a turtle. Oh, it mines the block, but no ore is harvested. Trying to decide if I should just TurtleQuarry the nether anyway and take the loss on the cobalt and ardite. Leaning that way.

Death_Rictus

Jul 29, 2019
I found out that Railcraft boilers will accept ender io hootch, firewater, and rocket fuel. By default hootch is about as effective as liquifacted coal with the others being about three times as long lasting.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ok, wow, that sounds a whole lot easier than building a giant salination plant (or even a small one, for that matter) and using a ChromatiCraft TE accelerator on the control block to make it go fast. Which works quite well, by the way.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, wow, that sounds a whole lot easier than building a giant salination plant (or even a small one, for that matter) and using a ChromatiCraft TE accelerator on the control block to make it go fast. Which works quite well, by the way.
I guess that's gonna need tons of water ^^