What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Same with compressed cobble in the smeltery. You can get seared stone that much faster.

I believe it only works up to double or maybe triple compressed :p
That it does :D that's actually how I discovered the sand thing - I found out cobble worked and thought I'd give sand a go!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That the "Carpenter's Hatch" works as a ladder when opened just like the "Jaded Ladder". So you can have a Carpenters Ladder broken by a Carpenters Hatch and still be able to climb it.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered Regrowth, 3rd Party modpack. Actually it wasn't today, it was yesterday, but I've been so busy with it I haven't even come here to read or post. Might not be for everybody but I love the concept.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Same with compressed cobble in the smeltery. You can get seared stone that much faster.

I believe it only works up to double or maybe triple compressed :p

if I remember from Agrarian skies, I believe you are correct(however, you can still fill the smeltery up with triple until the same result happens)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Binnie Core Compartments. Seriously, who knew about this and didn't tell the world? These things have 4 tabs of 25 slots at base level, while only taking up a 1x1 space. They can be placed side by each, and better, you can customize and label your tabs. Upgraded to diamond level, you get 8 tabs of 50 slots. Not too shabby.

splashblue

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered Regrowth, 3rd Party modpack. Actually it wasn't today, it was yesterday, but I've been so busy with it I haven't even come here to read or post. Might not be for everybody but I love the concept.

Same here, last saturday. Nights are getting shorter and shorter since then :D

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
Binnie Core Compartments. Seriously, who knew about this and didn't tell the world? These things have 4 tabs of 25 slots at base level, while only taking up a 1x1 space. They can be placed side by each, and better, you can customize and label your tabs. Upgraded to diamond level, you get 8 tabs of 50 slots. Not too shabby.
Holy shit, why didn't I find out about this earlier

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Holy shit, why didn't I find out about this earlier

My exact thought. I haven't played around with piping items in and out of them yet, so they may be limited in that respect. Even so, my Thaumcraft and Botania areas just got a whole lot cleaner and more organized.

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
My exact thought. I haven't played around with piping items in and out of them yet, so they may be limited in that respect. Even so, my Thaumcraft and Botania areas just got a whole lot cleaner and more organized.
It would make a very compact sorted chest system for sure, trying them out tonight

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

I just wish it was possible to re-arrange the tabs, as I rather have just 1 or 2 tabs with large storage space instead of like 8 tabs with just a bit of storage space

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I just wish it was possible to re-arrange the tabs, as I rather have just 1 or 2 tabs with large storage space instead of like 8 tabs with just a bit of storage space

This is the difference between the iron (4x50) and bronze (8x25) compartments. Same overall capacity, just different sorting levels. I have a bronze that I'm using as a junk drawer, while my iron one is perfect for ores, blocks, ingots, nuggets of every metal I own with room to spare.

Edit: note this is very early on our new Infinity server, and will be outgrown quickly I'm sure.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Man, I have been using these for years yet I only just now figure this out:

BC gates of Gold grade or higher set to detect "Items in Inventory" have this second column. Ever wonder what it is for? I never gave it much attention before, but just became puzzled about it just now. It is for filtering items ofc!
KzMNEOc.png

Oh man the possibilities.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Man, I have been using these for years yet I only just now figure this out:

BC gates of Gold grade or higher set to detect "Items in Inventory" have this second column. Ever wonder what it is for? I never gave it much attention before, but just became puzzled about it just now. It is for filtering items ofc!
Oh man the possibilities.
I already knew that, even though I rarely use gates higher than iron :D

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
While on the Subject of BC Gates, you need an Emerald (or Quartz if you have access to them) gate in order to fully interact with robots. Something I wanna try to use again someday.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I've never used robots before. I guess this is now on my "cool stuff to check out" list for tomorrow.