What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I personally prefer a Draconic Energy Core. But you know. We all have opinions. Please don't mention Tesseracts, I miss them too much.

Me too, man. It's just like, i've got a DeepResonance power setup I was building under my machine room and it was making me ill, so I needed an interdimensional power transfer thingy to let me offshore it. The one from enderIO is (unusally for that mod) a faff to get the bits for, this one is just cool.

And yeah i'll probably end up with a draconic energy core, but this thing has a nice buffer in addition to site-to-site transport so it's handy :3

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Me too, man. It's just like, i've got a DeepResonance power setup I was building under my machine room and it was making me ill, so I needed an interdimensional power transfer thingy to let me offshore it. The one from enderIO is (unusally for that mod) a faff to get the bits for, this one is just cool.

And yeah i'll probably end up with a draconic energy core, but this thing has a nice buffer in addition to site-to-site transport so it's handy :3
I heard they'll readd them at some point...

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I can't wait for Buildcraft to be in a version I'm playing again. I MISS that fantastic quarry. Just a dozen diamonds and a bit of lapis and you can mine forever. Builder, Quantum Quarry, even the digital miner just aren't the same.

I like strip mining with a 7-wide central tunnel, then I lay tracks down and bring a train down, mine 3x3's off the side, and then when the train is full, or I'm done, I just drive back to the surface.
Have you considered a simple RotaryCraft Boring machine? Horizontal quarry, stuffs whatever it finds into a chest or other item inventory system.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Have you considered a simple RotaryCraft Boring machine? Horizontal quarry, stuffs whatever it finds into a chest or other item inventory system.
Unless @Reika pulled a ninja update to get his suite past 1.7, that won't help. The want now for many (most) is the mods and blocks they loved in 1.7 in a 1.10+ environment. The entire Rotarycraft experience is high on my list of missed mods.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I never really got too far into Rotarycraft. I always got stopped up trying to get the grinder thing to work and then gave up on it. I've always wanted to go deeper in, but I don't have an engineering degree.

I've seen the Boring machine though, and it looks awesome.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
You can grapple onto the clouds in Sprout.

If you are playing Sprout and you do not have a motorized grappling hook, and you are not slinging yourself through the skies from the frakin clouds, you are doing it wrong.
Unfortunately for me, Sprout is insanely laggy, so I had to stop playing, but Age of Engineering is also super fun.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Unless @Reika pulled a ninja update to get his suite past 1.7, that won't help. The want now for many (most) is the mods and blocks they loved in 1.7 in a 1.10+ environment. The entire Rotarycraft experience is high on my list of missed mods.

Sorry, I missed that you were talking about 1.10+.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I've seen the Boring machine though, and it looks awesome.
Really? It sounds terribly dull...!

;)

Mekanism Teleporters and portable Teleporter, when working together.

When you've got a portable teleporter, and you link it to a teleporter block, said block only needs to be powered (and possibly chunkloaded - not confirmed) and does NOT need the frame - in order to be teleported to. This means I can hop back to base, even across dimensions, without any bother.

Now, this facility is obviously available in Draconic Evolution, and is more flexible, but I had no idea it was in Mekanism. It's a pretty cool little thing!

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Apparently this is now a feature in Vanilla Minecraft

125570_thewesley_rocketman.jpg

Ok maybe it doesn't quite look like this; but you can hold on to firework rockets and actually fly with the elytra
(this thing goes fast enough to put a good number of modded flight options to shame)​

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Apparently this is now a feature in Vanilla Minecraft

125570_thewesley_rocketman.jpg

Ok maybe it doesn't quite look like this; but you can hold on to firework rockets and actually fly with the elytra
(this thing goes fast enough to put a good number of modded flight options to shame)​
Yep, I found something cool, the IC2 Jetpack can be attached to chestplates including the Elytra. So Elytra for distance while jetpack for vertical. A pre-attached glider if you will.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I personally prefer the Dark Steel chest from EnderIO because then I can also have the E thing, or the Glider Module plus armor. Either way, don't forget to put on a solar helmet so you can go basically forever.

Super Crafting Frame has Teleportation Frames, with up to four destinations. It's not hugely long range, but it's very useful for jumping around in a base. Ten Ender Pearls to create a two-way link. Pretty handy.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Assuming I'm not interpreting this incorrectly: You can use a fluid attuned P2P tunnel to basically pipe liquids through your ME system from one location to another!

If I'm reading it right, you can pump liquids into a fluid-attuned P2P tunnel, have that connected to your ME system, and have it come out at another fluid-attuned P2P tunnel (connected using the memory card) elsewhere on your network!

I need to test this...

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Not today, but over the past few - the bug reporting function on the Twitch Launcher is amazingly easy to use. No pasting (or even tracking down) log-files or anything. Just click, explain what you were trying to do and send. (This is cool because I used to work in software QA. Anything that makes reporting problems easy makes it more likely that people will report them.)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yes, though Dire was just trying it in Age of Engineering and it was losing partial buckets so take care.
Ah OK, that's hood to know, cheers! I think what I would use it for primarily is liquids where the precise amount isn't necessary, I just need a lot of it - something like water, for feeding carpenters and the like; stuff like that.