What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Water works, since it's infinite. He was pumping top tier canola oil through it, so it was a fair bit more urgent to get it all through.
Yeah, that's not so good. Likewise, I wouldn't use it for any molten metals or liquified Mekanism gases, but depending on if I get get enough throughput, it might make my planned AE2 autocrafting setup with carpenters a bit less messy hopefully!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Today I learned what a mattock is. :p

That's interesting, but I'm not sure that's an exploit. You can combine tools (and tools with gems) and make new ones, and each time you make a new one, it can be of different rarities. I combined two obsidian swords and made a new one that's pretty beastly.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Today I learned what a mattock is. :p

That's interesting, but I'm not sure that's an exploit. You can combine tools (and tools with gems) and make new ones, and each time you make a new one, it can be of different rarities. I combined two obsidian swords and made a new one that's pretty beastly.
No no no, it was like a different item. It had pink stuff and like a gold handle.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
But still a mattock? I'd still have to assume that's intentional in that it just gives a small chance at a better quality item or something. I dunno. I'll have to try combining things just to see what happens.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Saw this in the console log;

[20:05:37] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: If your Log stops here, you were too impatient. Wait a bit more next time, before killing Minecraft with the Task Manager.
[20:07:18] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Congratulations, you have been waiting long enough. Have a Cake.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Saw this in the console log;

[20:05:37] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: If your Log stops here, you were too impatient. Wait a bit more next time, before killing Minecraft with the Task Manager.
[20:07:18] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Congratulations, you have been waiting long enough. Have a Cake.
That made me laugh the first time I saw it too. I forget what does it. Gregtech?

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
I realized that you can use the same water pool to make fluix crystals and pure certus/fluix crystals

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Once you do AE2 a couple times, you learn to start making your fluix crystals literally days before you actually need them. I have a few stacks of them in my ATM world, and I won't be doing AE2 for weeks probably :)
Didn't you see Direwolf20s vid? You can dup them with the Pure Fluix seeds.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Didn't you see Direwolf20s vid? You can dup them with the Pure Fluix seeds.
I didn't see his vid, but you need crystals in the first place if you want to dupe them, and they take (literally) days to grow.

My point is simply that you can easily get ahead of the game by making the crystals before you need them. And the nice thing about growing them this way is that you can grow as many as you want for "free" (dust + sand).

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I didn't see his vid, but you need crystals in the first place if you want to dupe them, and they take (literally) days to grow.

My point is simply that you can easily get ahead of the game by making the crystals before you need them. And the nice thing about growing them this way is that you can grow as many as you want for "free" (dust + sand).
One thing I found was that you can't grind up the pure crystals (nether and certus at least) for dust - not in the version of AE2 I'm playing anyway (1.7.10). Is that no longer the case now?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Most of them you can convert into blocks, and then back into a grindable form to get around this small problem. Just takes 8 pure to make a block that normally takes 4.
This is true, but then it becomes break-even - take 4 fluix crystals, grind them up to 4 dust, combine with sand to get 8 fluix seeds, grow to 8 pure fluix crystals, combine to make a block, and craft back into 4 fluix crystals again - there is no net gain there.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
This is true, but then it becomes break-even - take 4 fluix crystals, grind them up to 4 dust, combine with sand to get 8 fluix seeds, grow to 8 pure fluix crystals, combine to make a block, and craft back into 4 fluix crystals again - there is no net gain there.
I suspect that to be intentional.