What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft Engineer's Overalls protects against damage from Electric Tracks.

EDIT: but appears that the version I am using, they take durability damage when doing so... Which they have precious little of to begin with..

Can you keep them repaired using Timeless Ivy from Botania?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Can you keep them repaired using Timeless Ivy from Botania?
Possibly. It can be repaired simply using Light blue wool. Just not at the progression level in botania atm to try it out.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Possibly. It can be repaired simply using Light blue wool. Just not at the progression level in botania atm to try it out.
Alternatively, Unbreaking might give them a longer lease of life, if they can be enchanted?

As for my cool thing: I've discovered two small mods that have really improved my little modpack:

Torchmaster, and its Mega Torch (read: ExU magnum torch)

Simple Harvest (thanks @sgbros1!) for right-clicking crops to harvest, making everything else as pleasant to farm as Actually Additions crops!

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
That diamond asteroids are a thing. I went to town on one with a Tinkers' pick that has max Fortune, auto-repair, and Flux (to make it use power instead of durability until said power runs out), and I ended up with a little over three stacks of diamond blocks (a full inv+ of diamonds) after completely hollowing out the asteroid.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
It seems the crimson cult has a halitosis problem.
2017-01-29_22.22.05.png

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Sneaking on IE Conveyor Belts stops them from moving you around. How have I not discovered this before? Considering how much I'm using them in my world, this is a huge game-changer.

Reactions: Pyure

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've been meaning to look at those...about how fast do they go? Are they at least faster than the utterly glacial pace of MFR belts?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I discovered something rather handy about the Actually Additions Empowerer when making the top tier canola seeds:

When set up using hoppers to input items into the Empowerer itself and the 4 item pedestals, I can also have a hopper on the underside of the Empowerer attached to an inventory and the hopper does not pull out the unfinished crystallised canola seeds - so basically, I dump a stack of canola into the 4 outer hoppers, a stack of crystallised canola seeds into the hopper in the middle, and walk away. The empowerer does its thing, and I end up with a stack of empowered canola at the end! I haven't tried this with any of the other empowerable items yet, but I suspect it will probably work for them too.

Reactions: zBob

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
The RFTools Builder Block set as a quarry's output can be filtered with EnderIO and a Trash Can.
Putting a regular chest instead of an Ender Chest, serves as a buffer. Connect conduits to a trash can. Filter what you don't want, and the rest goes in the Ender Chest back to base.

I also learned the power(via a Dimensional Transceiver) can be regulated with a Capacitor (only way outside of Thermal Expansion). Now I can have my quarry running 24/7 with my limited power.

Last edited:

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
The RFTools Builder Block set as a quarry's output can be filtered with EnderIO and a Trash Can.
Putting a regular chest instead of an Ender Chest, serves as a buffer. Connect conduits to a trash can. Filter what you don't want, and the rest goes in the Ender Chest back to base.
Apparently the builder will destroy blocks if you give it a filter. Just make sure to filter the blocks it mines, not the ones it collects. (E.g. filter smooth stone instead of cobble)

D

DavisonY

I learned that in a lot of vain miner mods (like the one in Sky Factory 3), you can use almost any block (such as a book that doesn't take durability) to vein mine. It makes cutting trees down so much easier!

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
One caveat to not using a tool along with ore excavator would be the loss of tool leveling not to mention the extra experience one could personally gain by using copper tool parts in the early game.

Reactions: zBob

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014

I also learned the power(via a Dimensional Transceiver) can be regulated with a Capacitor (only way outside of Thermal Expansion). Now I can have my quarry running 24/7 with my limited power.
There is also the Power Buffer for this purpose, which has a much smaller buffer. I found it useful in my 1.10 world to avoid all my power being dumped into lava creation.

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
There is also the Power Buffer for this purpose, which has a much smaller buffer. I found it useful in my 1.10 world to avoid all my power being dumped into lava creation.
Doesn't keep its user-defined settings between dimensions. I just tried one in the Deep Dark, set to 700RF/T in and out, set the input and output. Went back to the overworld, turned it on. Bye-bye power.
Went back to the Deep Dark, the thing had reset to its defaults again(even after setting it back, it does it again as soon as I leave the dimension). Replaced it with a Basic Capacitor Bank, and threw the "Power Buffer" in the trash can.
The quarry is also chunkloaded

0/10 IGN. Will never use again.

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Not today, but over the past few weeks, the instance I rolled up (w/ NEI, Opis, and Project Red) has been an immense help in my electronic circuitry class. Even used it to prototype parts of my ALU. Now, if only my fingers would comply when I go about building actual, physical circuits (and not stuff in Minecraft, a simulator, or drawing a diagram), I'd be golden.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The ExtraUtils2 mechanical crafters can automatically access adjacent inventories - including other crafters. I'd set up three in a line for turning Inferium into Superium, I'd put the recipes in and added a master infusion stone to the first two - when I came to the last one, it was already making Intermedium into Superium - and it was doing so by sharing the infusion stone with the adjacent crafter! :p And pulling the necessary Intermedium in as well.