What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Someone in another thread mentioned wanting a mod that shoots bees out of a gun. I now want a mod that adds a bee gun that shoots chickens from the bees.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I think it would still be a bee gun, and could be loaded with other bees that spawn things. Perhaps a gun that shoots a bee that spawns a cow.

Or bees that don't spawn things, but instead produce them. Like redstone bees. Fire a bee that showers the target with redstone.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
That will put a sting in your breakfast or any chicken related product from fast food places.

"Would you like a soothing balm with that order?", McDonalds probably.

Reactions: Lethosos

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Now if you can load multiple kinds of bee at the same time, you could launch bees that make honey mustard chicken sandwiches...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guys, at this point, a separate bee-gun-related thread would probably be more appropriate please. I keep getting notifications on one of my favorite threads only to find out its still about this bee joke. Which we "discovered" yesterday.

Reactions: Linda Hartlen

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Guys, at this point, a separate bee-gun-related thread would probably be more appropriate please. I keep getting notifications on one of my favorite threads only to find out its still about this bee joke. Which we "discovered" yesterday.

If it were double-barreled would it be a Bee-Bee gun?

-or-

Conversely, is it a Bee-Bee gun lite?

I'll just crawl back into my hole now... :D

[Edit] I'm back for a recipe enhancement...

1). Make the Bee gun double barreled
2). As a separate step, craft a sheet of paper and red dye to make a legal document
3). Craft the legal document and Bee gun together

This gives you the ultimate weapon...

A Red Rider Bee-Bee gun! (I always wanted one, but they said it'd put my eye out) ;)

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I discovered that I have made so much Chisel Concrete that I have run out of Gravel. I am NOT going to start a quarry again just for Gravel...

So making Gravel with UU-matter :p And then I discovered that you can replicate Compressed Gravel.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
grind cobblestone? pulverize smoothstone.. plenty of ways to make gravel.. but I guess after a while you start swimming in uu matter too ^^

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
grind cobblestone? pulverize smoothstone.. plenty of ways to make gravel.. but I guess after a while you start swimming in uu matter too ^^

I would mean setting up a IE or Mekanism Grinder to get them at proper rate, which I cba to do. Or pulverise/sag mill a bunch of cobble for sand and 15% change for gravel.
In comparison I got around 90k gravel for 20ish buckets of UU.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I discovered that I have made so much Chisel Concrete that I have run out of Gravel. I am NOT going to start a quarry again just for Gravel...

So making Gravel with UU-matter :p And then I discovered that you can replicate Compressed Gravel.
I love chisel concrete :D its a bit challenging to walk along when trying to build with it though.

A cool little thing I discovered with it a while ago is the asphalt texture; I love that - its great for roads. And that the light concrete and dark concrete can be blended seamlessly into one another because there is a texture that's half and half! Though I think its light on the top only, there is no dark top/light bottom.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
While the base (short) Blue mahoe doesn't genrally branch, but get it average or tall gene and it branches and makes alot more leaves, which means more saplings. I've taken advantage of this to make a lot of biomass (and ethanol) for power. I actually should expand that a bit more when I'm not quite so low on copper and tin...

EDIT: I should point out this is on 1.10 forestry, might be different back on 1.7

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I love chisel concrete :D its a bit challenging to walk along when trying to build with it though.

A cool little thing I discovered with it a while ago is the asphalt texture; I love that - its great for roads. And that the light concrete and dark concrete can be blended seamlessly into one another because there is a texture that's half and half! Though I think its light on the top only, there is no dark top/light bottom.
Yeah I have been using large amounts of regular Concrete and Asphalt.

And yeah having two shades of concrete and the gradient between them is amazing. But yes, not being able to rotate the gradient makes things a bit hard.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
There must be...50 ways to get some gravel...
And what's wrong with choosing UU-matter?

I count around 10 ways in the pack I play. And all require setting up machines I don't have/dont want, start on mods I don't plan on playing or have bad returns. All except UU-matter replication.

Using UU matter to replicate many of the building materials I use(added those not already on the list).