What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
If you have an Explosive generator and some form of tile moving object, you can set up a mob farm:

OQcBkzf.png

Though you will have to capture drops before they are destroyed by explosions.

Reactions: Greystoke

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Incredibly basic one for me, from Actually Additions: The Crafting Table On A Stick.

Really simple, cheap and easy to build, but makes crafting on the run just that bit easier. I know I've been grateful for it on many occasions while in early game, mining underground and so on.

Reactions: Tianyulong

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I discovered 3 mods by watching Soaryn117 and Direwolf20 playing the beta version of Skyblock 3.0... Chickens!

Actually, as near as I can tell they have "Chickens" and "Hatchery"... I found "More Chickens" on my own.

Chickens is similar (this looks so wrong, grammatically :D )to Agricraft and/or Botania in that you get resources by breeding... In this case, different chicken types. Crossbreeding produces higher tiers of chickens able to drop rarer resources. More Chickens adds chicken breeds for Tinkers Construct materials among others. Hatchery adds breeding aids, such as nests and breeding hutches to assure a chicken results from a desired egg type.

Funny thing is that when I tried to find Chickens it was only available for MC 1.9.4, but could be copied to and run in a 1.10.2 pack. Since then there is now a 1.10.2 version.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Oh, I did not want to question that Botania is a great mod and it has lots of neat (yes I do watch DW20 to much) stuff and also the "usual" things in there. I´m a fan of "try other methods and dont get stuck in the same rut". Thats for example why my tree farms are now done with botania... Just thoguht there might be a other thing I did miss :)
I see that there is no mayor thing but defenitly a lot of more gadget around and the floating Island thing sounds nice (will goggle it asap).

ty!

I wanted to point out a mechanic in Botania that I don't now of any other mod doing (totally forgot about it until i used it today (>.<)

Botania's enchanting system is beastly.

1: It doesn't use up the books (got that fortune III book? go ahead and use it over and over again)
2: Multiple enchants in one shot (uses more mana, but you can put looting + mending + sharpness + unbreaking on a sword in one go)
3: Can be done as soon as you can mine/obtain obsidian and lapis

We may now return to our regularly scheduled programing... :)

Reactions: Dentvar

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Witching Gadget's "Vambraces of Steady Progression". Oh yes, no more lengthy breaking times on blocks when swimming/flying. Amazing for creative style flight building.

I also learned that Bee boosted Aura nodes are fine and all. But when you have 1600+ of each primal, the glowing node around them is HUGE... It is like a bright, glowing mist everywhere... And it doesnt go away when Energizing. Time to make new, smaller, nodes :p

Reactions: Pyure and Lethosos

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Witching Gadget's "Vambraces of Steady Progression". Oh yes, no more lengthy breaking times on blocks when swimming/flying. Amazing for creative style flight building.

I also learned that Bee boosted Aura nodes are fine and all. But when you have 1600+ of each primal, the glowing node around them is HUGE... It is like a bright, glowing mist everywhere... And it doesnt go away when Energizing. Time to make new, smaller, nodes :p

Maybe time to turn the big one into a CV node? Wait, it doesn't go away once energized?

That's weird...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Maybe time to turn the big one into a CV node? Wait, it doesn't go away once energized?

That's weird...
I just tested it and it seems that Energizing not only doesn't it make it go away, it was also what caused the massive white haze when not wearing goggles. The normal wand recharge node(same size) doesn't cause that.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Reminds me of one of Reika's videos where someone, I forget who, had a titanic node in a jar that you could see from effing space.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
The schematica mod. This is soooooooo helpful for me to add to my little growing town around my Tower of Doom.. I mean fluffy bunny petting zoo

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Steel production with Thaumcraft:

Cobblestone → Stone (+2x Lux) → Quarried stone → Quarried block → Produces 2x Terra, 2x Lux, and 1x Ordo.
Iron nugget → Wrought Iron (+ 1x Ordo) → Steel Nugget.

2016-12-21_22.26.10.png

Still to build
Aqua (alchemical boiler??) + Terra byproduct → Clay → Brick → 1x Terra and 1x Ignis = Boosted furnace speed.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
I know almost everyone will facepalm and go: Linda, that is well known. But since I just started my all magic world I have had to use a lot of golems to move things and I was getting REAL tired of all the flux goop. But waiting on manabeans was also getting tiring and then it hit me, the essence crystalizer! Why didn't I think of this before? Instead of tossing in 8 trapdoors per golem throw it the furnance, and then crystalize the motus. *slaps self* no more flux! Why didn't I think of this long before this? I was sooo fixated on getting mana beans to be able to use the crucible more effectivly I didn't think of this at all.

Needless to say I feel both quite stupid and quite happy at the same time :) I love those Eureka moments even if it is quite obvious.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I know almost everyone will facepalm and go: Linda, that is well known. But since I just started my all magic world I have had to use a lot of golems to move things and I was getting REAL tired of all the flux goop. But waiting on manabeans was also getting tiring and then it hit me, the essence crystalizer! Why didn't I think of this before? Instead of tossing in 8 trapdoors per golem throw it the furnance, and then crystalize the motus. *slaps self* no more flux! Why didn't I think of this long before this? I was sooo fixated on getting mana beans to be able to use the crucible more effectivly I didn't think of this at all.

Needless to say I feel both quite stupid and quite happy at the same time :) I love those Eureka moments even if it is quite obvious.
Just rush the Thaumatorium and you never have to worry again. Just break things down in the Alchemical Furnace and pipe/golem into jars. Grap the jars with the essence you need and hook them up to the Thaumatorium when you want to do some Alchemy.

Reactions: Linda Hartlen

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
Well.. I guess there is that ^^ I hadn't even noticed that item tbh. Now I feel stupid again.. thanks rhn :p *giggles*

All kidding aside, how did I miss that item? :) *slaps self some more*

Last edited:

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I harvested a field of wheat with a Magic Boomerang today. Surprisingly fun, although it is by no means efficient.

Reactions: Pyure

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I just discovered the sextant from botania. OMG I've been looking for something like this forever. Amazing tool. Places a ghost image of a perfect circle into the world as a template. You pick the size by holding the right click and moving the mouse. Awesome tool

Z

Zekromaster

Me and a friend did some calculations and found out we can produce more energy than the whole European Union with a single ReactorCraft Tokamak Reactor. I knew those made lots of energy, just didn't think it was SO much.

We also plan on getting on a server and capitalizing energy. RF, EU, Watts, anything goes.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
More like a week or so ago, but as my avatar indicates, I have discovered Yuri!!! On Ice, thanks to my girlfriend. It is the single most joyous anime I have ever watched, and this is coming from a dude that isn't into romantic or sports anime. Also, Viktor-kun is adorable.