What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I discovered that Extra Cells 2 adds an universal wireless terminal which when combine with the appropriate terminal allows you to see items, gases, liquids, essentia.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered that Extra Cells 2 adds an universal wireless terminal which when combine with the appropriate terminal allows you to see items, gases, liquids, essentia.
Wait, fuckin what? Like, sending things wirelessly? Via AE? No cables? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY CERTUS!

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, fuckin what? Like, sending things wirelessly? Via AE? No cables? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY CERTUS!
You know there are two different ways in AE to send stuff wirelessly right? The wireless terminal and the quantum rings depending on whether you want personal use or automatable use. A mod adding compatibility for their own resources in the wireless terminal really isn't notable.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You know there are two different ways in AE to send stuff wirelessly right? The wireless terminal and the quantum rings depending on whether you want personal use or automatable use. A mod adding compatibility for their own resources in the wireless terminal really isn't notable.
Bearing in mind that this thread is all about things that individuals have discovered, not what the community has discovered *slap on wrist*
:)

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
So this is a really little thing but I found out today that shift right clicking while planting crop sticks from agricraft automatically plants 2 crop sticks. Kinda nice when you want to setup a field of them or just when replacing one while growing stuff to 10/10/10.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Cutting down a Chromaticraft Rainbow tree is not something you want to do with headphones on with the volume turned up. Or if you're sensitive to bass. That was much louder than I was expecting cutting down a tree to be.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

iporkshop

Jul 29, 2019
I learned that you import items into a logistics network with basic logistics pipes with default route turned on.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I learned that you import items into a logistics network with basic logistics pipes with default route turned on.
Ehm lol what?

If you want to import items into a LP network, then use an Extractor Module or a BC Wooden/Emerald Pipe powered by an engine/autarchic gate(other pipes/conduits etc. are compatible too AFAIK).

A Basic Logistics Pipe/Item Sink Module set to Default Route will cause all items that are not filtered/routed other places to be ejected out into inventories adjacent to the Basic Logistics Pipe/Item Sink Module. The Default Mode basically serves as a lowest priority routing setting.
This way you can have Basic Logistics Pipes/Item Sink Modules filtered with items, Polymorphic item sinks, Enchantment Sinks etc. to sort your items, and then have Default Mode Basic Logistics Pipes/Item Sink Modules on some chests for all the random junk you haven't figured out where goes yet.

If you want to insert something into a LP network(the machine/whatever ejects it on its own), then a Basic Logistics Pipe is what you want. But you do not want to set it to Default Mode.

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget that Logistics Pipes is compatible with ducts so you should be able to use ducts anywhere BC pipes can be used afaik.

iporkshop

Jul 29, 2019
Ehm lol what?

If you want to import items into a LP network, then use an Extractor Module or a BC Wooden/Emerald Pipe powered by an engine/autarchic gate(other pipes/conduits etc. are compatible too AFAIK).

A Basic Logistics Pipe/Item Sink Module set to Default Route will cause all items that are not filtered/routed other places to be ejected out into inventories adjacent to the Basic Logistics Pipe/Item Sink Module. The Default Mode basically serves as a lowest priority routing setting.
This way you can have Basic Logistics Pipes/Item Sink Modules filtered with items, Polymorphic item sinks, Enchantment Sinks etc. to sort your items, and then have Default Mode Basic Logistics Pipes/Item Sink Modules on some chests for all the random junk you haven't figured out where goes yet.

If you want to insert something into a LP network(the machine/whatever ejects it on its own), then a Basic Logistics Pipe is what you want. But you do not want to set it to Default Mode.
I didn't word that correctly. I learned that I didn't need a specific pipe for importing items into the chests.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
You can chuck a Chassis Pipe with a Retriever Upgrade on that chest to import into the LP network, too.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Don't forget that Logistics Pipes is compatible with ducts so you should be able to use ducts anywhere BC pipes can be used afaik.
And that include warp itemducts too - great for replacing long runs of unrouted pipes across a big base...

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
can you use a logistics power provider in the pipe against the warp itemduct to power it?
I can confirm (having just tested in IE:S) that this does work. And that the warp itemduct appears to transfer power to the logistics pipes at the far end of the connection too, which is even better (don't need a power junction at the other side).

Of course a pair of tesseracts (or ender chests + inventory system connectors) are probably tidier in the long run, but it's nice to know this option exists...

Attached image shows a very expensive machine for (quickly) throwing cobblestone into the void. Note logistics power junction & TE power provider in the back corner. The basic logi pipe attached to those has a TE power transfer upgrade, and the logi pipe attached to the near end of the warp ducts has a TE power supplier upgrade. The basic logi pipe at the far end has no upgrades and is a default route for the system, so spits out all the cobblestone from the extruder.

Attachments

• logistics-warp.png
    logistics-warp.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited: