What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The Automagy "Nethermind" can draw Essentia out of the Thaumic Energistics "Infusion Provider" :eek:

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Yes and if you are short on Ender Pearls, you can get 5 times as many End Stone per Pearl by using Obsidian instead of Sandstone. (also do not know if this works in Infinity HM).
It does indeed work in IE:E.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
This is the kind of base I always dream about building, but it's probably only do-able as a team effort because omg, the amount of time and effort that must've went into creating all of that? Wow. Nice story too, sure we've all been there, standing slightly stunned amidst the rubble and destruction of a tragic, horrific accident. But they didn't give up obv, they didn't quit! (original reddit link to photo album)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
This is the kind of base I always dream about building, but it's probably only do-able as a team effort because omg, the amount of time and effort that must've went into creating all of that? Wow. Nice story too, sure we've all been there, standing slightly stunned amidst the rubble and destruction of a tragic, horrific accident. But they didn't give up obv, they didn't quit! (original reddit link to photo album)

That is absurdly awesome. It puts my pathetic efforts to shame :(

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

I had kind of hoped the story was rebuilding the ruins to greatness. Still a nice build they have there.

Reactions: Aetherpirate

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I am...inspired. Once I get into ReactorCraft, I might do something similar in my SSP world. Something like a nuke-riding city ship.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The IC2 Universal Cell can pick up amounts of liquids that aren't limited to buckets.

Lemme rephrase that: if I have 288mb of a liquid stuck in a tank/machine somewhere, and I really don't want to lose that liquid because its precious in some way but I also don't want to run weird piping around (into a tank I possibly don't have), I can just remove that liquid with an IC2 universal cell and put it somewhere else later.

Awesome find for me in my GT packs.

Reactions: stereozen

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh yes, you my friend are in need of a Dropper.

Actually, a dispenser was what I was after. I was working on a Botania Mana setup using Entropinnyum. So I wanted to ensure that I could place the TNT with a dispenser. My original plan was to have a redstone torch to ignite it, but that became unnecessary.

Reactions: jdog1408

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Doublepost, but whatevs.

Well, I've caved and I have officially learned to Logistics Pipes. Strange thing is, I kinda like it. My only real nitpick is that I wish the suppliers/providers worked faster, even the maxed-out ones. Warp itemducts help out a tonne, but they can only do so much against a somewhat slow extract rate.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't know you could stack providers, neat! Though, I do kinda wanna test how they work with tile accelerators, if at all. Not a full x256 boost, but maybe an 8-fold increase would be enough to speed things up nicely.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I found that you can use the Thaumcraft scanning thingy to scan items in your inventory by holding it over them. Makes scanning a lot of items really easy.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I found that you can use the Thaumcraft scanning thingy to scan items in your inventory by holding it over them. Makes scanning a lot of items really easy.
That's the "Thaumcraft Inventory Scanning" mod, not part of normal Thaumcraft.

Reactions: RedBoss