What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Or the little-known NuclearCraft?

(It also produces epic explosions that aren't really explained by science. imo the ReactorCraft explosion is the most realistic for a typical fission reactor problem)
WANT.

*ahems* Sorry. I get excited about potential explosions. "Jamie wants big boom."

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If anyone cares: NuclearCraft is another magical-box nuclear mod similar to Big Reactors in some respects. Its a lot more realistic in terms of chemistry (elements, isotopes, decay, dangers-of-heat) but even more abstracted in terms of fission reactions and power generation sadly.

Still its kinda neat, and he's currently working on implementing a particle accelerator.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Or the little-known NuclearCraft?

(It also produces epic explosions that aren't really explained by science. imo the ReactorCraft explosion is the most realistic for a typical fission reactor problem)
But...

upload_2016-2-3_5-33-12.jpeg

Reactions: Lethosos

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
That TiCon Smelteries can share walls, not sure about tanks and controllers and such because those are more complex, but I could've saved a lot of material if I made my processing plant like this

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
That TiCon Smelteries can share walls, not sure about tanks and controllers and such because those are more complex, but I could've saved a lot of material if I made my processing plant like this
Be careful with that, I've seen people try that before only to find things happen like drains not being a part of the smeltery they should and other weird behaviour.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
You can use the Tool Forge, and most likely the tool station to rename items. Seams to work just like a anvil. Except without the exp cost. Just put a item in the slot. Double click the name field and enter a new name for the item.

So totally freaking awesome.
sf48Dx4.png

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry machines are compatible with Logistic pipes crafting pipe now. You no longer need the "item placement upgrade". Crafting pipe now just fills in the right inventory.
Still you need 1 machine for each recipt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Celestialphoenix

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You can use the Tool Forge, and most likely the tool station to rename items. Seams to work just like a anvil. Except without the exp cost. Just put a item in the slot. Double click the name field and enter a new name for the item.

So totally freaking awesome.
sf48Dx4.png
ME storage cells too ;)

But can apparently only rename once... Or is that some vanilla thing...

heheh skip to 37:15 or so. I think the explosion temporarily caused his CPU to go on hiatus.

Explosion is not that big... Pack an IC2 reactor with the largest fuel rods and light it up :p
(at least it was that way in previous versions)

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
I know I am several edition behinds, (since I am waiting on GT to be updated a bit more) and I only NOW realized you can shift right click on an ME drive to get the cluster out so you can upgrade it. I feel sooooo silly now.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Speaking of being several editions behind, I'm just getting re-acquainted with thermal dynamics. The new ducts are actually really nice. I think I prefer them over enderio for most scenarios that don't require hyper-dense logistics (packing liquids and items and energy in a single block).

Having a single pipe that both feeds a line of recyclers (via a servo) and then uses the same pipe to extract the goodies into a barrel (Retriever) and then seeing the goodies fly around in oldschool fashion is rather satisfying. (No impact to fps that I can see if anyone cares)

Reactions: Inaeo