What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious, what actually happens? why isn't dev/null helping?
/dev/null doesn't help because with an Efficency 5 Shatterer with Rank SS and the Ring of Thor you clear a series of 9x9x5 "rooms" at running pace for the Kami armor. Basically you are mining that fast that even with /dev/nulls for all non ores your inventory fills up in a few hits at running pace leading to it taking longer to mine this way, due to inventory management, than with a slower mass manual method (Hammer mostly) Haven't investigated the compression methods available with Botania\Thaumcraft\Blood Magic but I doubt there will be anything that makes this method viable unlike the original in Equivalent Exchange. In any case I basically made the Shatterer and ranked it up to SS because I could lol

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
/dev/null doesn't help because with an Efficency 5 Shatterer with Rank SS and the Ring of Thor you clear a series of 9x9x5 "rooms" at running pace for the Kami armor. Basically you are mining that fast that even with /dev/nulls for all non ores your inventory fills up in a few hits at running pace leading to it taking longer to mine this way, due to inventory management, than with a slower mass manual method (Hammer mostly) Haven't investigated the compression methods available with Botania\Thaumcraft\Blood Magic but I doubt there will be anything that makes this method viable unlike the original in Equivalent Exchange. In any case I basically made the Shatterer and ranked it up to SS because I could lol
Neato :)

I feel like there's an enchantment out there that automatically voids cobble/junk. Can't remember mod/enchant-name.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, Consumption?
Yeah that's exactly the one I'm thinking about, from forbidden magic. With all the extra worldgenned cobble types we see these days its probably not as effective as it could be, but it might help the SS Shatterer scenario a bit.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Could forestry bags help? They're capable of grabbing items into them as they enter your inventory iirc, a couple of big miners bags and you should have a hundred or two slots that ores get sucked into.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
That'll certainly help in the long term, once we solve the junk issue. (unless you mean just dump the junk on the ground ;))

Is there a way to couple AE directly into one's inventory??
(or even indirectly like putting a magnet in an ender chest)
Also a 9x9x5 at KAMI running speed- whats that in blocks/second?
Curious as to how this compares with an overclocked RoC bore? (700/second)

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I think the best way to handle that would be with a Random Things Player Interface or a Pneumaticraft Aerial Interface (they're basically the same), combined with some *very* fast item transport straight into your AE system. Just keep your terra shatterer, mana tablet, torches, etc. on your hotbar; if you pull out of the sides of the interface, it'll leave your hotbar alone. Just be careful not to drop anything important in your main inventory. Might also be handy to have some kind of wireless transmitter, so you can turn off the inventory-eating remotely.

I've done that with the Blood Magic world-eater spell. It works quite well.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Had the dimensions wrong it's actually 10x11x6 so 660/break and in a second you can do at least 2 breaks (unless you hit dirt\gravel in the "middle" block) so roughly 1200 blocks/second.
Didn't know that Pnuematicraft had a player interface I knew about the random things one but probably wouldn't add a mod just for that. Pneumaticraft is in the pack though (DW20pack kids started playing in a new world a while after I joined in, normally I make my own packs) so I'll have to have a play around with it. Could be fun never used Pneumaticraft before, the plants annoyed the piss out of me so I never put it in my own packs, the change to oil was a good thing. If I was going to add a mod I'd probably just add ProjectE and use the original method of handling stupid amounts mined manually, Alchemical Bag and Black Hole Band.

Last edited:

AuricPolaris

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe already mentioned but I learned that the Shade of Leonard will summon Lost Souls that, when killed, turn into subdued spirits. No more searching the spirit world for many IRL days to find spirits! :D

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I learned that a CV node in Thaumcraft can explode.............. Not sure how... but my base is covered in flux.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I learned that a CV node in Thaumcraft can explode.............. Not sure how... but my base is covered in flux.
You probably pickaxed the stabilizer or transducer. The safe way to de-energise a node is to turn off the redstone signal to the transducer and wait a bit.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I have discovered that Thaumcraft's Runic Enchanting using the altar to add runic to pieces... CAN in fact be applied to Bound Armor from Blood Magic.

And what we all thought was silly before... is considerably more silly now.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
None of the above. I was charging my newly made silverwood scepter watching the numbers go up when boom....

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger