What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed not, that is the pack maintainer's job. Railcraft should, however, not allow cross-mod exploits like this if it's possible to have the mod configured properly to change the minecart recipe it uses so that if they're produced from steel, they should become a different minecart by default and therefore don't get smelted as if they were a vanilla minecart. This bug has been reported, it's up to the FTB Infinity pack developers to decide what, if anything, they will do about it.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

This cross mod exploit has existed since the days of 1.6.4 Monster (that's where I first encountered it, anyway). It was reported to various mod authors at that point, and was relegated to each mod working well on its own, while being broken when combined. Seeing as each mod author deemed his/her mod to be working as intended, nothing was changed.

You are correct to think that this is something that Modpack creators should be aware of. Back in the Monster days, I used to use Rotarycraft to make steel en mass, then autocraft and smelt carts when iron supplies dropped below a certain threshold. Since then, various ways to make steel have cropped up, which makes this harder to corral than one would think.

Perhaps RailCraft config could have the option to disable this recipe? May be the simplest fix. Otherwise, pack creators who don't like this can use Minetweaker to fix it themselves.

Softpotatis

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered what the Rite Of Fertility does
cYssVvS.jpg
Makes you unable to see because of all the stupid tallgrass, still cool though. Can I revert it though?? haha

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I discovered what the Rite Of Fertility does
cYssVvS.jpg
Makes you unable to see because of all the stupid tallgrass, still cool though. Can I revert it though?? haha

There's a few mods that can help out with the grass problem although they won't revert it. Scythe from Thermal Expansion is one, Horn of the Wild from Botania is another. They basically work by harvesting any grass block within a certain radius, Botania is very powerful, after a little over a second, all nearby grass in a certain radius has broken, it also will do flowers, although I don't think it will cause the 2-tall Botania flowers to drop. The only way I know of to get the 2-tall flowers from Botania is with a pair of shears.

Hope that helps! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Derping around with Thermal Dynamics mod this morning and the proverbial light bulb went on when I was trying to reconcile the RF storage values I was seeing in the ducts.

Thermal Dynamics flux ducts store RF in the amount of 6x the connection transfer rate, per section of duct. This is because the transfer rating of the ducts is per connection, and each section of duct has...6 sides. :D Therefore, in theory, it has the potential of 6 load connections. Although, in practice, one of those would be line. :D

What is really intriguing is that the cryo-stabilized flux duct has no storage value. And of course since it has infinite transfer ability, how would you come up with a storage value? Because if the storage value is based on the per connection rate, then it would have infinite storage, which means that a section of cryo duct would be an infinite power source in and of itself. :D So, while it can transfer limitless amounts of RF, the trade off is that it's storage is limited to the source storage buffer. Which means that as soon as you can, you step it down to resonant flux-duct. The alternative strategy would be to use the resources you would use for those resonant ducts to make capacitors and use those as a storage buffer and use a lower transfer rate of flux duct that will meet the max load requirement. Since you can constantly be increasing the capacitor bank, this is a more sound strategy.

However, the aesthetics of cryo-stabilized flux duct make me want to use it everywhere I can. I've had a vision of a bank of machines surrounded by a halo of cryo duct. :D

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Nearly forgot about that little note...hm, that'll be handy when I get into TC. If my fusion reactor ever takes off, I'll make it next on my list.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
That it is unwise to have more than 350 MB in a single pack at once... I blame Mekanism, AM2, and Chromaticraft textures, and Mariculture. My FPS de-tanked after removing a bunch of mods though, and it's always difficult to tell which mods have the most severe influence on smooth gameplay. Ugh. I would've like to keep 'em...
Hmm.

Sqrt(-x) == sqrt (-1 * x) == sqrt(i^2 * x)

Sqrt(a * b) = sqrt(a) * sqrt(b)

Sqrt(i^2) * sqrt(x) = i * sqrt(x)

(i * sqrt(x)) ^2 = i^2 * sqrt(x)^2

== -1 * sqrt(x).

???

Test: x=4. Sqrt(-4). 2i * 2i = -4.

Alright, I made an algebra error. Sqrt(-x) should be i*sqrt(x). So that inner term is just i*sqrt(bleep), which is just imaginary. Squaring that is just right back to -bleep.

What have I discovered today? I'm still a math nerd, even though I'm ... More than 20 years out of practice? Sheesh.
ssh bby is okay

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
I have found exploit that causes unnatural regeneration. It's not status effect, persist after world reload and wiping player data. Can be repeated (did it on 2 creative maps) but I don't know how exactly to do it or how to get rid of it.
Did I mention that it's really fast? Hard difficulty yet still regaining ~100HP in like 5~10 seconds.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Does it count if the discovery isn't Minecraft related? And also was made a few days ago? Because I discovered the channel of 331Erock recently. This guy is an AMAZING guitarist, and he's always so happy in his videos. To bring it more on-topic, his stuff makes an excellent replacement for the (in my opinion) occasionally bland Minecraft music.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Does it count if the discovery isn't Minecraft related? And also was made a few days ago? Because I discovered the channel of 331Erock recently. This guy is an AMAZING guitarist, and he's always so happy in his videos. To bring it more on-topic, his stuff makes an excellent replacement for the (in my opinion) occasionally bland Minecraft music.
It doesn't say minecraft...so go ahead.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

I second this. His cover of Moonlight Sonata left me speechless.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft Essentia Tubes are Microblock compatible. None of the other blocks seem to be, but this does allow for hollow covers to be made where my piping travels through my wall/floor.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft Essentia Tubes are Microblock compatible. None of the other blocks seem to be, but this does allow for hollow covers to be made where my piping travels through my wall/floor.
Pretty sure this is specifically only with Thaumic Tinkerer installed. It makes the candles multiparts too IIRC

Reactions: Type1Ninja

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
You can lose Golden Bag of Holding from ExU by opening it and then SHIFT clicking on it. It will put "itself into itself" and you lose it.