What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

davecats

Jul 29, 2019
Just found out that the pre-Beta 1.8 biome 'Rainforest' used to be read by some as 'Pain Forest'...

So glad 'Rainforest' didn't turn out to be Tainted Land at all.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Good thing the thread is titled "What cool little thing have you discovered today?" and not "What cool little thing the community discovered today?"
Oh fine.

I just remember how everyone was so hyped for IE to be released after watching Direwolf, then someone prematurely forked IE and released it publicly, making Blu all pissed and pushing development back.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Oh fine.

I just remember how everyone was so hyped for IE to be released after watching Direwolf, then someone prematurely forked IE and released it publicly, making Blu all pissed and pushing development back.
That isn't quite what happened...

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

splashblue

Jul 29, 2019
The Evolving Technology modpack. I fell in love with the progression mod, it's exactly what most HQM packs are lacking: Direction without the need to do tedious quests.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
then use that steel to make minecarts and then melt them back down for twice as much iron

Don't expect that minecart to get you more than 720mb of molten iron in FTB Infinity! :D They're aware of that exploit and have fixed it's recipe! ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
that still means that the two minecarts you get from the railcraft 5 steel recipe melts down into ten iron.
and just checked and it does
it may be nerfed in Hard Mode tho I don't play on it

Last edited:

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I built something yesterday that I'm pretty proud of. It turns cobblestone and sugarcane into power.

XU transfer node with a world interaction upgrade makes cobble, feeds it into an automatic hammerer from ex artists rebirth making gravel, feeds that into another one to make sand, and then puts the sand in a rotarycraft composter, along with yeast that makes dirt.

Meanwhile an MFR harvester is harvesting some 10/10/10 agricraft sugarcane, and dumps that into a pair of rotarycraft fermenters, one making yeast, the other making sludge. Yeast gets pushed from the first fermenter to the second, and to the composter. The sludge gets put into a furnace, and the resulting ethanol crystals can be put into an engine, and make any energy with the mod engine converters.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
that still means that the two minecarts you get from the railcraft 5 steel recipe melts down into ten iron.
and just checked and it does
it may be nerfed in Hard Mode tho I don't play on it

Is it intended by the Railcraft mod author that the recipe it adds gives you two minecarts instead of one? This really sounds like it should be reported as it's a recipe flaw that doesn't take into account that Tinker's Construct can smelt minecarts into iron. It's never been intended by modpack authors to introduce a bug that allows duplication of hard to get items like steel.

I'm also going to file a bug report in the appropriate forum if one doesn't already exist, so expect this to get fixed. It would completely break FTB Infinity's Expert mode.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Is it intended by the Railcraft mod author that the recipe it adds gives you two minecarts instead of one? This really sounds like it should be reported as it's a recipe flaw that doesn't take into account that Tinker's Construct can smelt minecarts into iron. It's never been intended by modpack authors to introduce a bug that allows duplication of hard to get items like steel.
For as far as I know it was railcrafts intention to give 2 minecarts. The amount of rails also changes depending on what you use to make it.
A mod shouldn't try to balance against every mod in existence as that is impossible.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
For as far as I know it was railcrafts intention to give 2 minecarts. The amount of rails also changes depending on what you use to make it.
A mod shouldn't try to balance against every mod in existence as that is impossible.

Indeed not, that is the pack maintainer's job. Railcraft should, however, not allow cross-mod exploits like this if it's possible to have the mod configured properly to change the minecart recipe it uses so that if they're produced from steel, they should become a different minecart by default and therefore don't get smelted as if they were a vanilla minecart. This bug has been reported, it's up to the FTB Infinity pack developers to decide what, if anything, they will do about it.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid