What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
3c3a16bdc8.gif

So I cast an AM2 light spell at a villager...
029f2f0be9.png

Edit: this also works on other mobs, both passive and hostile. However it only lasts for a short duration, maybe just over a minute or two.

Also, BoP scythes cause some grass to become "medium grass", and that to become "short grass" with successive hits. Kinda neat for sculpting a bit.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like such an idiot right now... Like total blonde.

Had to restart my world as it got corrupted a few months ago, so took a break and now with new ideas I got back to it. So setting up the usual wild mess of pipes leading to Minefactory reloaded unifiers so i wont have so many different forms of rubies etc in my AE system. I know it doesnt matter as such but it bugs me. Got most of it set up finally, so many diamond pipes leading them to the unifiers.. then it struck me.. Wait.. GT item pipes automatically come with that function so I can replace all of this with a single pipe with a conveyor module on it to suck it from the ender chest from my mining world.

GT pipes.. is there nothing they cant do? ^^ I never used them before but now they have become my go to pipe for so much

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion, AgriCraft, RotaryCraft, Mekanism, Extra Utilities, and Magical Crops. What can these do together? POTATO POWER! How? I'll yell ya!

Using Magical Crops, work up some lead seeds and work those up using AgriCraft to a 5x5 field of 10-10-10 lead seeds. Do the same for redstone and potato seeds. Using those, make the lead ore into ingots, then into nuggets. Combine with redstone and potatoes to make tuberous flux capacitors. Pop those into any Mekanism energy cube and BOOM, free power. But wait, there's more! When tuberous flux capacitors are spent, they become baked potatoes, in other words, food. Shove those into a culinary generator and make EVEN MORE POWER. No need for voiding anything and you have a weird source of renewable potato power. How you like them apples?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion, AgriCraft, RotaryCraft, Mekanism, Extra Utilities, and Magical Crops. What can these do together? POTATO POWER! How? I'll yell ya!

Using Magical Crops, work up some lead seeds and work those up using AgriCraft to a 5x5 field of 10-10-10 lead seeds. Do the same for redstone and potato seeds. Using those, make the lead ore into ingots, then into nuggets. Combine with redstone and potatoes to make tuberous flux capacitors. Pop those into any Mekanism energy cube and BOOM, free power. But wait, there's more! When tuberous flux capacitors are spent, they become baked potatoes, in other words, food. Shove those into a culinary generator and make EVEN MORE POWER. No need for voiding anything and you have a weird source of renewable potato power. How you like them apples?
"How are you holding up? Because [my generator is] A POTATO!"

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019

Oh, I uncooked my baked potatoes with Witchery, then kept cycling them through. But a culinary generator would've been a great idea.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
it's also AE compatible.
I did notice that, yes. One storage bus is all you need.

Even better, the distance limit from the controller is linear not pathing distance. In other words, you can have a room 25 x 12, lined in drawers, and a single controller will handle them all if it is in the middle of one of the two long walls.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I have discovered Storage Drawers. Minecraft will never be the same again...

This is as big a game-changer as Applied Energistics was. Holy crap.

Now realize you can add a single Storage Bus to your Drawer Controller and integrate the two. There was some rumblings of this causing issues in certain versions, but if you're up to date, life's a dream.

Edit: ninjas. Everywhere.

Reactions: stentninja