Werewolves the matrix. [Game Thread][Championship Practice]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
wolf!me would consider it if there's a significant disparity between active and inactive players and I had at least one "power" player on my team.
This is pretty much part of the average makeup of a decent wolfteam as far as I've determined so far. A paired team is rare enough as it is, and one without tends to be an easy town win.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yay, work day done.

My reads for yesterday:

Nojr: Scum. Lynch him, he's participating even less than usual. This tells me he's got a wolf team that he doesn't want to screw over.
Corpse Cat: Neutral. May be taking advantage of quiet people to hide, but I dunno how much he normally contributes.
Erindalc: Town. He had weak-ass reasoning on Fred, but he stood by it. I also gave him a nod for a bit of a counter-concensus comment on corpsecat.
Goreae: Neutral, slight scum. He's really fence-sitting, and he made speeches that were mostly meta and filler.
Lethosos: I actually kinda like Leth. He stayed his ground on Fred instead of distancing. And wolf!leth wouldn't push top-town-vike as a wolf.
RealKC: Fence-sitting but slightly town. I guess.
Robij: Slight town. Liked his analysis of Leth and SO37 even when I didn't really agree with it. Liked his blatant suspicion on SO37.
Shazam: Neutral. Not sure what I thought of him easing off Fred. He was one of the first to suggest it (after fowltief).
SO37: Town. I think wolf!SO would have distanced himself from Fred, and I don't think wolf!SO would have dropped an N0 peek on anyone at all.
The_J: Lynch his ass for the same reason as Nojr. The_J is a way more vocal player than this, and I don't care what his RL agenda is. He's keeping quiet because he knows he gets himself into trouble sometimes and there's more on the line. His only saving grace is the n0 peek from Vike, and I don't think wolf!vike would townpeek a wolf. (???)
Victini: Super town.
Vikestep: Scum. I didn't like him calling me out on my fake reads. He knows me. I read mudflinging. I didn't like his hyper-aggressive stance on Fred. I found his "like" list way too trusting for town!vike. I didn't like his big distancing from fred after the earlier aggression. Top-wolf.
Zexy: Neutral. Sorta-scum maybe. Really don't like his "people who know him think he's wolf" on Fred, this seems deliberately distancing. Didn't like him dropping so many hints about trusting vike, but again, I don't think wolf!zexy would publicly uber trust another wolf, so saving grace.

##Vote Vikestep.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Yay, work day done.

My reads for yesterday:

Nojr: Scum. Lynch him, he's participating even less than usual. This tells me he's got a wolf team that he doesn't want to screw over.
Corpse Cat: Neutral. May be taking advantage of quiet people to hide, but I dunno how much he normally contributes.
Erindalc: Town. He had weak-ass reasoning on Fred, but he stood by it. I also gave him a nod for a bit of a counter-concensus comment on corpsecat.
Goreae: Neutral, slight scum. He's really fence-sitting, and he made speeches that were mostly meta and filler.
Lethosos: I actually kinda like Leth. He stayed his ground on Fred instead of distancing. And wolf!leth wouldn't push top-town-vike as a wolf.
RealKC: Fence-sitting but slightly town. I guess.
Robij: Slight town. Liked his analysis of Leth and SO37 even when I didn't really agree with it. Liked his blatant suspicion on SO37.
Shazam: Neutral. Not sure what I thought of him easing off Fred. He was one of the first to suggest it (after fowltief).
SO37: Town. I think wolf!SO would have distanced himself from Fred, and I don't think wolf!SO would have dropped an N0 peek on anyone at all.
The_J: Lynch his ass for the same reason as Nojr. The_J is a way more vocal player than this, and I don't care what his RL agenda is. He's keeping quiet because he knows he gets himself into trouble sometimes and there's more on the line. His only saving grace is the n0 peek from Vike, and I don't think wolf!vike would townpeek a wolf. (???)
Victini: Super town.
Vikestep: Scum. I didn't like him calling me out on my fake reads. He knows me. I read mudflinging. I didn't like his hyper-aggressive stance on Fred. I found his "like" list way too trusting for town!vike. I didn't like his big distancing from fred after the earlier aggression. Top-wolf.
Zexy: Neutral. Sorta-scum maybe. Really don't like his "people who know him think he's wolf" on Fred, this seems deliberately distancing. Didn't like him dropping so many hints about trusting vike, but again, I don't think wolf!zexy would publicly uber trust another wolf, so saving grace.

##Vote Vikestep.
Do you not think that my approach on Fred was a logical one? My train of thought:

1. I see Fred is doing something that I found oddly uncharacteristic and pick him up on it. Yes, you guys thought it was characteristic of his previous game, however I didn't really get to see that side and I have a different meta on him because of our games on Mafia Universe.
2. I then get told that he was acting the same way in his previous game, which I read and I do agree this is the case.
3. I then decide that my argument against him holds no merit and I no longer have him as a scum read. HOWEVER, I will say that I don't think he has particularly cleared himself and that while my previous reasoning is gone, I don't have him as town. Just neutral.

Which reads in particular do you think are too trusting for me as town?

Now, I'm going to vote the exact same person I said I would last night

##Vote Lethosos

Reactions: Zexy

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The big clincher for me is actually when you claim that at least some wolves are gonna be on that train. I have a funny feeling most or all wolves connected to that train kindly disengaged themselves from it, and that little seed of yours is supposed to engender some mislynches.

Trusting me in particular is way, way too trusting for you as town.

I'll pretend you really didn't notice that Fred was revealed as town in the recap.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Also, most likely a Jailkeeper or Doctor successfully defended a target last night. When you have 24 hours to submit a kill you don't forget.

That means the setups can't be B, D, 3, or 6

Reactions: Zexy

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
The big clincher for me is actually when you claim that at least some wolves are gonna be on that train. I have a funny feeling most or all wolves connected to that train kindly disengaged themselves from it, and that little seed of yours is supposed to engender some mislynches.

I'll pretend you really didn't notice that Fred was revealed as town in the recap.
Oh, I thought someone else was lynched. rip

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019

In preparation for the MU game, I am trying to get more clear reads of town members. That is why I gave a clear read off the bat on you. It shows my thought process and the way I am interpreting your posts from now on. I am just being transparent is all.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Vote RealKC If he's acting like I think he is, he would play quiet his first few times as a wolf. He's typically does a little more discussion than he's done so far.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Dylan, the OP says that day ends at 8pm GMT. So an hour later is 9pm.

Which means that
Day ended 40 minutes ago, not an hour and 40 minutes ago.

Also apologies for not being here on time, 8pm GMT is 6am for me. I woke up at 6:30 for extra hour, had a quick look but I was too tired and fell asleep again.

One thing we can't deny is that there is scum on the fred wagon. Maybe goreae tried to save Leth? If Leth is mafia, then potentially most of the wolves voted for fred. If Leth is town, then it tells us that all the people voting Leth and fred were wrong and the wolves would've been on both.

I say we lynch Leth tomorrow unless anything else comes up.
Now, I'm going to vote the exact same person I said I would last night

##Vote Lethosos
Can I ask you to defend your argument against Lethosos? It seems circular.

You're saying, and call me if I'm strawmanning: "Lethosos and Frederikam were the two main wagons yesterday. If Lethosos is mafia, his teammates voted for Fred to save him. Therefore, Leth is mafia." It's only valid if we're already assuming Leth's guilt.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask you to defend your argument against Lethosos? It seems circular.

You're saying, and call me if I'm strawmanning: "Lethosos and Frederikam were the two main wagons yesterday. If Lethosos is mafia, his teammates voted for Fred to save him. Therefore, Leth is mafia." It's only valid if we're already assuming Leth's guilt.
My reason for voting Leth is that I think there is a high likelihood that Leth is mafia and that he was saved. I then went on to say that if leth is lynched today, then we can look at his role and identify some further roles. If leth flips mafia then we will see those voting fred in a scummy light. If leth flips town then the wolves may not necessarily be voting fred at all (although they still might).

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Let's take those words with a full salt lick apiece--I still think you have the stench of scum on you, Vike. That being said, decent analysis. I suggest you start assuming that I'm a townie, and work from there.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Honestly? not really too interested in this game. So I'm saying stuff when I feel like it mostly. Oh, and by the way, the guy who tried to paint wolves as inactive was me during the lawyer game.

Reactions: Pyure
Z

Zexy

I doubt mafia really decided to not put any kills in. There may exist a Bulletproof, Doctor or Jailkeeper.
Looking at the matrix with possible setups, I don't really see any setup in which this would make sense, unless the Towny Jailkeeper is a superb player who knows how to think like a wolf.
WOLF ALERT! WOLF ALERT!

If you had actually looked at the matrix with possible setups, you wouldn't exclude Bulletproof and Doctor... unless you just happen to be scum and can deduce which setup we are playing based on the roles the scum team has.
Voting isn't mandatory here, Noj. There's no reason to antismite.

What is antismite? :p

##Vote Vikestep.
I actually said that if I am cop, Vike was my n0 peek, you know... while I like you and most of your reads and think you are town, I can't help but disagree on Vike.
Vote RealKC If he's acting like I think he is, he would play quiet his first few times as a wolf. He's typically does a little more discussion than he's done so far.
Anyone else with thoughts on that? I don't really like these kinds of posts. Small, accuse a kinda random player.

For now I will

##VOTE: Robjinvogel

because of the reasons explained above. I can move to Leth if this case doesn't gain enough ground, though.

edit: edited out an image in a quote and reposted because its link made my post require mod approval

Last edited:
Z

Zexy

I doubt mafia really decided to not put any kills in. There may exist a Bulletproof, Doctor or Jailkeeper.
Looking at the matrix with possible setups, I don't really see any setup in which this would make sense, unless the Towny Jailkeeper is a superb player who knows how to think like a wolf.
WOLF ALERT! WOLF ALERT!

If you had actually looked at the matrix with possible setups, you wouldn't exclude Bulletproof and Doctor... unless you just happen to be scum and can deduce which setup we are playing based on the roles the scum team has.
Voting isn't mandatory here, Noj. There's no reason to antismite.

What is antismite? :p

##Vote Vikestep.
I actually said that if I am cop, Vike was my n0 peek, you know... while I like you and most of your reads and think you are town, I can't help but disagree on Vike.
Anyone else with thoughts on that? I don't really like these kinds of posts. Small, accuse a kinda random player.

For now I will

##VOTE: Robjinvogel

because of the reasons explained above. I can move to Leth if this case doesn't gain enough ground, though.

edit: edited out an image in a quote and reposted because its link made my post require mod approval