Werewolves the matrix. [Game Thread][Championship Practice]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Zexy, two things.

1) I also n0 peeked Victini. What does it all mean? Either yeah I think he's kinda townie but who knows, or I'm legit cop, or I'm lying scum. On balance it all evens out and means little. I treat your n0 the same way.
2) For your wolf alert, I can't help but think I'd simply screw up and get the roles wrong myself. Particularly since I still have no fucking clue why dylan didn't say "someone was protected by a doctor last night" since that's how we've done it since forever and no rules were mentioned stating that the default didn't apply.

That said, I also can't really say I like my no-kill-attempt theory much.

I also do like my vike vote better than your robij vote.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
What is antismite? :p
Many games have a "Vote every day or be smitten (aka modkilled)" rule, to spur activity out of low posters. Someone making an "antismite" vote is saying that they don't have any real suspicion of their target, and are only making the vote to avoid being smitten.

My reason for voting Leth is that I think there is a high likelihood that Leth is mafia and that he was saved. I then went on to say that if leth is lynched today, then we can look at his role and identify some further roles. If leth flips mafia then we will see those voting fred in a scummy light. If leth flips town then the wolves may not necessarily be voting fred at all (although they still might).
Alright, fair enough.

May I ask why you first voted for him (the initial "high likelihood")? Most of the argument still hinges on the potential information gained from wolf!Leth. :p

Reactions: Zexy

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Okay. If we assume that the wolves did not goof and kill no one, then they must've struck a bulletproof villager (A3), someone protected by a doctor (C2), or been struck by a jailkeeper (A1, E4, F5). This eliminates setups B, D, and 6, and with them the roles in cells B6 and D6: Vanilla Townie and Town Tracker (though it is worth nothing that the Town Tracker in cell C3 could still exist, and of course there's a lot of vanilla townies).

If robijn's specific mentioning of the Jailkeeper implies that he's a wolf who knows what the exact setup is and not that he's a derp and didn't read all the roles, then that limits us to setups A, E, F, 1, 4, and 5. Setup A also has a bulletproof villager, so we can rule that out, and it has the same mafia roles as E, which we can rule out as well. In addition, setup F has the same mafia roles as setup 3, which has that A3 bulletproof villager.

That leaves setups 1, 4, and 5 as possibilities. 5 has a town cop, which means that the peeps who've been SHC'ing (myself included) may not all be spouting BS.

What to conclude from this? I have no idea. But I think it's good that I wrote it down and threw it out there, mainly so that I won't have to re-derive it all again later, once more information is available.

Anyhow, trajing is town, according to scan. Unless I'm not actually a cop, of course, in which case ignore the previous sentence.

Reactions: Pyure

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
If you had actually looked at the matrix with possible setups, you wouldn't exclude Bulletproof and Doctor... unless you just happen to be scum and can deduce which setup we are playing based on the roles the scum team has.

I didn't exclude anything. That is just not how you should have read my post. With "towny jailkeeper" I meant "the one towny guy that can save others". The accent in that post should really rest on the "is a superb player," as that is what I was trying to convey. I'm sorry. I should have been clearer about that.

There are some 3-5 setups we can exclude if the only murder attempt last night was foiled, but we don't even know that 100% sure...

I have absolutely no idea who to vote for and no real time to spend defending myself in the next five hours, so go ahead... crucify me.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
and not that he's a derp and didn't read all the roles,

I did read all the roles, but I just took one of the saving roles as a representative for all of them in my sentence which is herpy derpy as well I guess. :(
I agree with Zexy's reasoning that "this makes me look like a wolf with a complete image of what's going on" and there's nothing I can do to defend myself against it.
Since I am a Towny, however, I have no idea (well, maybe a slight idea) of what's going on and I'd suggest you focus your killing efforts on someone else (not SE) today.

##Vote Letho in a pathetic attempt to save myself I guess?
If someone makes a good argument about Someone Else being a wolf, I guess I'll switch my vote to him. :p

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the matrix with possible setups, I don't really see any setup in which this would make sense, unless the Towny Jailkeeper is a superb player who knows how to think like a wolf.
Can rule out setup C and 4 though, because a possible town Vigilante would always use his or her powers?
Urghh, I don't think this post. Anyways, he claims that by "jailkeeper" he actually means "people that can save others". I'm... not buying that.
Another thing to note is that town Vigs would not always use their power. Especially when it's D1 and that chances of hitting a town is high.
Vote RealKC If he's acting like I think he is, he would play quiet his first few times as a wolf. He's typically does a little more discussion than he's done so far.
Actually this is pretty typical for KC. But anyways, how'd you know he'd act like this when he plays wolf? Idk, again you look like you're just finding whatever reason to get someone lynched
Let's take those words with a full salt lick apiece--I still think you have the stench of scum on you, Vike. That being said, decent analysis. I suggest you start assuming that I'm a townie, and work from there.
Why should we start by assuming you're a towny? From all your posts you are looking awfully scummy.

My top wolf reads now are Leth, Erin and Robin. Vike looks way less scummy than he did yesterday, so I'd give him a neutral read.
However, I don't like how I'm "very town" on both @Pyure and @VikeStep 's reads. Mind explaining? I don't think I've done anything that looks particularly town or whatever, but that might just be me.

##Vote Leth because he's top lynch target and he's on my wolf list.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
If I assume that fred is town (which I am not really 100% feeling right now).
Then that implies the following:
There exists one or two wolves inside of erindalc, SE37, Lethosos
I very much doubt that all the wolves exist in these three players. SE37 seems most villag-y out of the three. So then erindalc and Leth get a scumread.
There potentially exists a wolf in the inactive players: RealKC, trajing
Out of the other players, Pyure, Shazam, Zexy, and the_j are town.

Other players:
Fowltief - not a huge fan of his trajing vote and it feels like he's coasting along a bit with a bit of fluff posting here and there. Scum read
016Nojr - potentially wolf, you never know because he does the same thing every day 1. which is vote pyure. Probably won't lynch him today as he's most likely a mislynch.
Frederikam - Again, I think he is scum for his push, but apparently it's part of his town meta now... so neutral I guess.
VictiniX888 - Towny, yes we disagree on things, but he's making a lot of sense.
Robijnvogel - His play so far is a bit yuck. Especially how he asks if his vote isn't a killing vote. He has a slight scum lean on SE37 and Pyure too which I don't like. Scum read
Corpsecat - Need to see more reads, posts he made were ok but yeah, wish that he could post more so I get a better feel of how he plays. Slight rown
Goreae - not a big fan of his first post tbh. rest of his posts are ok. Slight town

Scum reads: erindalc, Leth, RobijnVogel, fowltief
Slight scum reads: RealKC, trajing
Neutral: Frederikam, 016Nojr, SE37
Slight town: CoprseCat, goreae
Town: Pyure, Shazam08, Zexy, the_j, Victini

I don't wanna lynch the inactive players today. Leth has the most votes out all of my scumspects.

##Vote Lethosos
@Shazam08 here were my reads which included the reason which boiled down to a Leth vote.

Apologies for low activity. It's been a really busy day and will be tomorrow as I'm caught up in another game as well and that one requires more activity.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My top wolf reads now are Leth, Erin and Robin. Vike looks way less scummy than he did yesterday, so I'd give him a neutral read.
However, I don't like how I'm "very town" on both @Pyure and @VikeStep 's reads. Mind explaining? I don't think I've done anything that looks particularly town or whatever, but that might just be me.
Because I n0 scanned you. Hypothetically.

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess I missed that.

Also I would like to point out (after looking through the thread again to make sure I haven't missed anything else) that Fowl is looking quite scummy too. I'd add him to my wolf list. So far he's only been posting stuff unrelated to finding wolves. No reads, claims "no one stands out", wolf.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@VikeStep, curious, how strongly do you feel Lethosos is guilty? If I said I had scanned him last night as town, would that make you change your mind?

I had noted that he called one of your arguments as scummy. This was at a time that you were being lauded (repeatedly) as top town by peeps like Zexy. Do you feel a wolf!leth would go against the flow here and call attention to himself with a wolf read on you?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Zexy, I'd like you to take a look at this post from Vikestep:

"Zexy, Pyure, the_j, and Shazam08. I'll be very open to listen to these players. Will still listen to others, but will believe them more."

I'm going to rudely pimp myself a tiny bit and say Vikestep put two of the players he considers strongest players on FTB in this list. He added you, and you're better than everyone else here at this game. He added his n0 scan for good measure.

This is an extremely, extremely "safe" call for a wolf to make: the players most likely to take issue with it are all on his town list. I absolutely hate this read partly because of that and partly because its unlike Vike to give me so much town credit. I don't buy the whole "I'm practicing for tournaments" thing: that's a reminder not to lynch the guy who's training.

I'm convinced he's scum. Thoughts?

Z

Zexy

Well @Pyure; I understand your points and think you are town because they have seriously good reasoning, but I can’t help but keep explaining you are wrong on Vike. He’s my n0 sorz :( Between Robij/Leth who would you pick?

My n1 is Shazam btw, he’s town as well.

I did read all the roles, but I just took one of the saving roles as a representative for all of them in my sentence which is herpy derpy as well I guess.

I agree with Zexy's reasoning that "this makes me look like a wolf with a complete image of what's going on" and there's nothing I can do to defend myself against it.

Since I am a Towny, however, I have no idea (well, maybe a slight idea) of what's going on and I'd suggest you focus your killing efforts on someone else (not SE) today.

If someone makes a good argument about Someone Else being a wolf, I guess I'll switch my vote to him.
C:\Users\Dinos\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png
The overall defense isn't solid enough. The Letho vote would increase the chances of Letho being town if Robij is indeed scum. Definitely want to lynch between the two today. Yet here, there is another contradiction; in the same post, Robij says that we should focus on someone else (making it a point he did not mean Someone Else)...then says that if anyone makes a good argument about SE being a wolf, he would move there... My vote stays.
Who did you scan n1?

Z

Zexy

Well @Pyure; I understand your points and think you are town because they have seriously good reasoning, but I can’t help but keep explaining you are wrong on Vike. He’s my n0 sorz :( Between Robij/Leth who would you pick?

My n1 is Shazam btw, he’s town as well.

I did read all the roles, but I just took one of the saving roles as a representative for all of them in my sentence which is herpy derpy as well I guess.

If someone makes a good argument about Someone Else being a wolf, I guess I'll switch my vote to him.
The overall defense isn't solid enough. The Letho vote would increase the chances of Letho being town if Robij is indeed scum. Definitely want to lynch between the two today. Yet here, there is another contradiction; in the same post, Robij says that we should focus on someone else (making it a point he did not mean Someone Else)...then says that if anyone makes a good argument about SE being a wolf, he would move there... My vote stays.
Who did you scan n1?

edit: please don't use links that would cause me trouble with moderated posts while quoting -_-

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nojr, is that the limit of your contribution? I have been editing a million of my posts if its within a few seconds of me posting. I am going to continue editing my posts in that fashion. Dylan's gm-cred is already getting a bit low with me for not responding to my demands on the silent-no-kill rules. If he wants to smite me for that's his prerogative, and we don't need you to keep pointing it out.

Zexy: I think it was silly of me to ask your opinion on your n0. Bear with me on that.

Full disclosure: I'm not entirely certain how intelligent it is of me to share my hypothetical n1. Cards close to chest for a bit.

Put a gun to my head and I lynch Lethosos. His first two posts are scummy to me. He got all his town credit from me for suspecting vikestep.
With Robij, I noted his "that's not a killing vote, right?" He seems to play more "with it" than that as town. On the other hand, he stood by his Leth stance and justified his SO37 suspicion-but-not-vote. On the other-other-hand, he cleared SO37 with a weak-ass "by my estimation" rather than actually showing why that makes sense.

Well shit they both stink as far as I'm concerned. But, well, so do you a bit.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Pyure my inactivity is due to the fact I have exams coming up. Honestly I shouldn't have joined up, but it's a bit late now and I thought I could manage it.
However there's no need to be so aggressive towards players like Nojr who're less active. Remember the fact that you should always separate your actual feelings from the game, while you're "in-character".

Z

Zexy

I'm not really editing, just double posting with an edit: disclaimer so that you understand what's different in case the first moderated one is unlocked.
Full disclosure: I'm not entirely certain how intelligent it is of me to share my hypothetical n1. Cards close to chest for a bit.
If you wanna Seer Hunt Clear, do it correctly...

As much as I don't like either, I think that if Robij is scum then Leth is town since that wagon's building up easily while Robij has lots of resistance.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I'm not really editing, just double posting with an edit: disclaimer so that you understand what's different in case the first moderated one is unlocked.

If you wanna Seer Hunt Clear, do it correctly...

As much as I don't like either, I think that if Robij is scum then Leth is town since that wagon's building up easily while Robij has lots of resistance.
Could you explain the term please?

Z

Zexy

Could you explain the term please?
in games without outside chat, where a seer can't just claim to their town peeks, they have to make their peeks clear in-thread so that the rest of the town knows what do after their death. In order for said seer to not be exposed for doing this, vanilla townies also pretend to be seers and claim fake peeks to confuse the wolves.