Werewolves the matrix. [Game Thread][Championship Practice]

Z

Zexy

Congratulations town and thanks to Dylan for hosting!

Please @goreae; don't do things like this; play to the end, youe never know if you'll slide. There were pretty reasonable chances you would; if I were your wolfbro I'd be pretty angry right now because you stripped them their last chance at winning. Since each one of us wins with their faction, and not only if we make it to endgame as winners, it meant that the entire scum team would count on you... so try not to sell them all like that from now on, please :)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Congratulations town and thanks to Dylan for hosting!

Please @goreae; don't do things like this; play to the end, youe never know if you'll slide. There were pretty reasonable chances you would; if I were your wolfbro I'd be pretty angry right now because you stripped them their last chance at winning. Since each one of us wins with their faction, and not only if we make it to endgame as winners, it meant that the entire scum team would count on you... so try not to sell them all like that from now on, please :)
I have my code and you have yours. To me winning as a wolf by being almost entirely silent just feels wrong. It feels like cheating to me. My wolfbros were already dead in the ground because the village was competent enough to sniff them out, and I didn't give them anything to suspect as I didn't present much of any info to suspect at all. The mafia had already lost when erindal died.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah I was already starting to get really pissy in the death convo, especially since a townie got modkilled for inactivity already. The precedent had already been established.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Yeah I was already starting to get really pissy in the death convo, especially since a townie got modkilled for inactivity already. The precedent had already been established.
Except that Dylan said in the first post (or maybe the first "It is day! You may post!" post) that players were required to post at least once on the first day. Goreae did that, but trajing did not; I'm not sure if Dylan noticed until I pointed it out in my wall of ISOs.

... And this is why we usually smite people who don't vote. It helps keep people from being that inactive.

Reactions: RealKC and Zexy
Z

Zexy

I have my code and you have yours. To me winning as a wolf by being almost entirely silent just feels wrong. It feels like cheating to me. My wolfbros were already dead in the ground because the village was competent enough to sniff them out, and I didn't give them anything to suspect as I didn't present much of any info to suspect at all. The mafia had already lost when erindal died.
I see. Understood, it's just that in my code I'd feel the burden of the wolfbros. Their death doesn't mean they are done with the game, their legacy can still affect the game and their wolfbros can use it to their advantage.
To be fair, there was no rule about inactivity; although Trajing probably didn't even confirm their Role PM, which is punishable. Still, it's better to resort to subs and the least amount of modkills. Also, by the logic that goreae was modkillable, CorpseCat probably was as well. SE posted as I was typing this, and while I agree about the first part, I think smite is a bit too harsh for their faction...

Reactions: Pyure

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Smiting makes people open the thread and at least vote or something, but they get a grace-smite, if on D2 Pyure doesn't post he loses his grace-smite and if on D3 Pyure doesn't post he gets smitten/smited(?).

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I see. Understood, it's just that in my code I'd feel the burden of the wolfbros. Their death doesn't mean they are done with the game, their legacy can still affect the game and their wolfbros can use it to their advantage.

To be fair, there was no rule about inactivity; although Trajing probably didn't even confirm their Role PM, which is punishable. Still, it's better to resort to subs and the least amount of modkills. Also, by the logic that goreae was modkillable, CorpseCat probably was as well. SE posted as I was typing this, and while I agree about the first part, I think smite is a bit too harsh for their faction...
Nitpick: We run our signups for a couple of days, until nobody else is likely to want to join. While I agree that booting and replacing inactive peeps is a more elegant solution than smiting them, it won't work here because there's rarely anyone to sub in.

Meh. Different communities, different circumstances and traditions, different solutions to problems.

Z

Zexy

Nitpick: We run our signups for a couple of days, until nobody else is likely to want to join. While I agree that booting and replacing inactive peeps is a more elegant solution than smiting them, it won't work here because there's rarely anyone to sub in.

Meh. Different communities, different circumstances and traditions, different solutions to problems.
I see... you should probably consider running games with fewer players so that there are going to be a few subs to fill in the gaps.

Indeed, but what I told you up there isn't a Bulbagarden-only thing. Almost all the other communities that I know of have that approach.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I see... you should probably consider running games with fewer players so that there are going to be a few subs to fill in the gaps.

Indeed, but what I told you up there isn't a Bulbagarden-only thing. Almost all the other communities that I know of have that approach.
The thing is here, we only run one game at a time. If we limit player count, then there will be people who don't get to play until like maybe a week later. We don't want people to be left out. I think part of it is this community is far less serious than most and is more about everyone having a good time than it is about serious play.