Werewolves the matrix. [Game Thread][Championship Practice]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Pyure my inactivity is due to the fact I have exams coming up. Honestly I shouldn't have joined up, but it's a bit late now and I thought I could manage it.
However there's no need to be so aggressive towards players like Nojr who're less active. Remember the fact that you should always separate your actual feelings from the game, while you're "in-character".
People are going to have to tolerate my aggression or learn to cope with their unhappiness. I used my specific tone for a specific reason.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Day's end is in two or three hours right? I have no idea whether I will be able to keep up with the thread until then, so I am posting this right now.

My last mention of SE37 wasn't 100% serious, but in this phase, I guess the game just got a little too tense for some of us to pick up on that.

Letho's lack of defence is kinda worrying me. I'd expect more resistance from any player, townie or wolf, when they're about to get lynched. Looking at the table, I don't think we have any roles protecting against lynching, (neither town, nor mafia,) do we? I don't know what to think of this.

But I still don't have anyone better to vote for to be honest. My primary reason today for voting Letho is still to avoid getting lynched myself.

Lastly, if I were a cop, I would have saved up my peeks until day three without acting accordingly to them. Right now, however, I am in rather great danger of getting lynched. I'll hand you my hypothetical n0 and n1 peeks in half an hour, after I decide whether it'd be wiser to share my actual peeks, or to lie about one or both of them.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Which is why I don't like the Seer Hunt Clear tactic--a smart wolf would do the same because he know who the townies are, and do it himself to gain trust.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Letho's lack of defence is kinda worrying me. I'd expect more resistance from any player, townie or wolf, when they're about to get lynched.
Pursue him then?

Looking at the table, I don't think we have any roles protecting against lynching, (neither town, nor mafia,) do we? I don't know what to think of this.
Remember that south park episode where Saddam gets questioned about his hidden missile program and he's always like "Look over there!" to distract from the issue?

But I still don't have anyone better to vote for to be honest. My primary reason today for voting Letho is still to avoid getting lynched myself.
But you don't want to try to make a better case against him?

Lastly, if I were a cop, I would have saved up my peeks until day three without acting accordingly to them. Right now, however, I am in rather great danger of getting lynched. I'll hand you my hypothetical n0 and n1 peeks in half an hour, after I decide whether it'd be wiser to share my actual peeks, or to lie about one or both of them.
I can't tell if this is scummy or just a weird soft cop claim.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Pursue him then?

But you don't want to try to make a better case against him?

If I were a cop, then my n0 peek would be Goreae scum and my n1 would be Letho towny.

So no and no.

Since I hypothetically know that Letho is town, I'd rather have you all divert your attention to someone other than Letho and I'd follow you there.
As I said before, "my primary (and as you know by now, my only) reason today for voting Letho is to avoid getting lynched myself."

Please decide whether to lynch me tomorrow (if I survive this night) or not, depending on what happens in an hour and on what happens this night. :)

Remember that south park episode where Saddam gets questioned about his hidden missile program and he's always like "Look over there!" to distract from the issue?
Hypothetically, I was talking BS there, since I sort of know that Letho is town...
I'm not sure if it was wise to point this out, but I figured that you (Pyure) would have pointed it out anyway so I might as well do it myself.

Z

Zexy

Which is why I don't like the Seer Hunt Clear tactic--a smart wolf would do the same because he know who the townies are, and do it himself to gain trust.

Not exactly. SHC should be done by EVERYONE in the game. You don't trust anymore or anyless just because of their peeks.
Robjinvogel said:
If I were a cop, then my n0 peek would be Goreae scum and my n1 would be Letho towny.
n0 peeks can't be on scum -_-
earlier on you said you would vote Letho for lack of better. now you call Letho clear and want it directed elsehwere.
I seriously hope you're not jus a wolf with Goreae because then this was a really bad play...

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Votes on:
1. Letho (3) IMMINENT DEATH
2. Ruby* (1), RealKC(1), Vikes(1)

Votes by:**
Pyure -> Vikes
Vikes -> Letho
Erin -> RealKC
Zexy -> Ruby
Ruby -> Letho
Victini -> Letho

*Ruby is me, also, please call me Rob, Robin, Robijn, Vogel or Ruby. Robij makes no sense in Dutch whatsoever.
**Nojr canceled his antismite on Pyure.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Rob, sorry, I think I started that. I also had no idea it had any specific meaning whatsoever, nevermind that it is dutch.

For the record: "Pyure" doesn't mean anything in any language, and you can call me Pyure, Py, P, Asshole, whatever pleases you.

Reactions: Shazam08 and Zexy

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Not exactly. SHC should be done by EVERYONE in the game. You don't trust anymore or anyless just because of their peeks.

n0 peeks can't be on scum -_-
earlier on you said you would vote Letho for lack of better. now you call Letho clear and want it directed elsehwere.
I seriously hope you're not jus a wolf with Goreae because then this was a really bad play...

I don't think I'm the only one who didn't know that. In that case I appeal to my ignorance.
By making this publicly clear, I think you just blocked a whole path of possible outcomes that would have been beneficial to the town faction, just so you know.

You (the other players) will kill me today or tomorrow now, after which you'll find that I was town all along... I give up on my defense.

Interesting thought: Did I just save Lethosos anyway? XD

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@dylanpiera, hypothetically if you do the N0 cop peek thing, and you pull a random name out of the hat, are any mafia in that hypothetical hat?

Its fully understood that if they're in that hat it still doesn't mean one was randomly selected.

Z

Zexy

Zexy, is this a legitimate rule? "n0 peeks can't be on scum -_-"

If so, do we know that Dylan knows this rule?
Yes, it is -_-
he should because it's stated right there in the matrix
I don't think I'm the only one who didn't know that. In that case I appeal to my ignorance.
By making this publicly clear, I think you just blocked a whole path of possible outcomes that would have been beneficial to the town faction, just so you know.

You (the other players) will kill me today or tomorrow now, after which you'll find that I was town all along... I give up on my defense.

Interesting thought: Did I just save Lethosos anyway? XD
I feel like you did that just so you could appeal to your ignorance the moment someone (=me) pointed it out (if there's one mafioso who knows how MU works, which is not a stretch, they would bet their money on me noticing).
What kind of possible outcomes? Townies fakeclaiming seers wrongly so that the mafia understands they're not the seer, so that they'll never bother nightkilling them?

In what way did you save Leth? Still top wagon he is.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
In terms of defense, I'm actually fine with being lynched, since it's helping the town work out who's the scummiest here. Wasn't really my intention to look that way, but I blame assorted dairy products for it. (Not LAC, tho.)

FWIW, trust Pyure this game. I think he's playing straight.

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
Day 2 Recap

• Lethosos got lynched, He was a Vanilla Villager

Notes:
-
Some things aren't discussable in thread while the game is running ( @Pyure ) this is why i'm not responding to all of your answers, Like last nightkill. By saying too much about it, it could give away the setup or the mafia. This is why I decided to keep silent.

I do in fact know of this N0 thing from BMG, but that would only apply if there was a N0 cop.

I do hope i'm not making you too angry with this game (Pyure specifically), I'm just running what I have on paper, and yes sometimes I do miss a few lines inbetween places. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It is now N2. The night will be silent due to request, so NO POSTING! The night will last 12 hours. (Whice means it ends 9AM my time.)
Quick note: I tend to sleep till 9 and sometimes till 10. So if I oversleep the phase shift will be delayed a little bit.

Reactions: Pyure

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
In what way did you save Leth? Still top wagon he is.

Well, I expected everyone to jump on me last minute. Guess I was wrong about that.

At least the wolves aren't going to kill me tonight, since I'm clearly not a cop...

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Sorry :/ posted before reading Dylan's whole post.

I'll be quiet now. :)

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk