Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
A youtuber (quill18) Has some footage on his channel about it (don't know whice channel since he has multiple but i can check) He was only allowed to show parts of the HQ and one mission. It looked very. Very simulair
But some annoying things are fixed (reload taking a whole turn now takes half a turn like it should)
Yeah I wasn't sure how happy I was with everything taking a full turn. Original XCom used time units, and every action used a time action an amount of those.

This was actually kinda neat: taking a grenade outta your backpack for instance took more time than taking it from your belt or leg or whatever.

Last edited:

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda like Action Points in Shadowrun Returns. Man, I should look up some good scenarios in the Workshop for it sometime soon.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
OYOY! So guys, I'm currently in the process of creating a game based off of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I'm just having trouble creating a role for Lust.
Gluttony, with his gate in his stomach, is already the classic "distraction" role, which I would have otherwise given to Lust. Any other ideas?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
OYOY! So guys, I'm currently in the process of creating a game based off of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I'm just having trouble creating a role for Lust.
Gluttony, with his gate in his stomach, is already the classic "distraction" role, which I would have otherwise given to Lust. Any other ideas?
I'm not familiar with fullmetal alchemy, but the first thing that pops into my mind is some sort of Lover-related power.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Naw she's evil, and the idea behind lust is more sex and physical attraction than love.
I didn't say put Love in the role.

Here's an example:

"Can make one player fatally and insatiably attracted to another. The affected player cannot use any powers and must confess his or her role if the target of their desire requests it of them." That kinda crap.

The Lover mechanic is simply the notion of tying two players together in some way.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I didn't say put Love in the role.

Here's an example:

"Can make one player fatally and insatiably attracted to another. The affected player cannot use any powers and must confess his or her role if the target of their desire requests it of them." That kinda crap.

The Lover mechanic is simply the notion of tying two players together in some way.
Hmm... seems like it kinda ruins the game for the afflicted. They can't do shit. Anyway, that's nothing like the actual Lust. She's sexy and all, but her main power is her fingers can extend into long blades that can cut through anything. I didn't really want to make another kill role.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hmm... seems like it kinda ruins the game for the afflicted. They can't do shit. Anyway, that's nothing like the actual Lust. She's sexy and all, but her main power is her fingers can extend into long blades that can cut through anything. I didn't really want to make another kill role.
Ok I just read her wiki.

Apparently she "encourages humans down her desired path....[and] can extend her fingers to great lengths, which are capable of cutting through virtually any substance."
What if she has the the ability to coerce/blackmail people and back it up?
Perhaps once a game, she can notify the GM that she's going to coerce pyure the next day. The next day she can then ask Pyure via an alt to vote for X, and if Pyure fails to successfully vote for X at the end of that day, Lust automatically kills a random player on Pyure's team.

It has interesting informative implications. And its pretty evil without being a standard killing role (although granted it IS a killing role).

If you really don't want a murder role, the penalty for noncompliance could be "Lust forces Pyure to publicly announce his role via the GM".
So the recap would be:
  • Dylanpiera was lynched, he was Envy
  • SpwnX was murdered, he was Edward Elric
  • Pyure failed to comply with Lust's demand: he announced "I'm Alphonse Elric!" to save his own skin.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Ok I just read her wiki.

Apparently she "encourages humans down her desired path....[and] can extend her fingers to great lengths, which are capable of cutting through virtually any substance."
What if she has the the ability to coerce/blackmail people and back it up?
Perhaps once a game, she can notify the GM that she's going to coerce pyure the next day. The next day she can then ask Pyure via an alt to vote for X, and if Pyure fails to successfully vote for X at the end of that day, Lust automatically kills a random player on Pyure's team.

It has interesting informative implications. And its pretty evil without being a standard killing role (although granted it IS a killing role).

If you really don't want a murder role, the penalty for noncompliance could be "Lust forces Pyure to publicly announce his role via the GM".
So the recap would be:
  • Dylanpiera was lynched, he was Envy
  • SpwnX was murdered, he was Edward Elric
  • Pyure failed to comply with Lust's demand: he announced "I'm Alphonse Elric!" to save his own skin.
I like it!

@Shazam08 sign me up on the roster!