Werewolf: Nice and Simple GAME THREAD

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Well, all the evidence seems to point towards Sora.

Vote Sora

Although just a tip RJS, probably not wise I instantly lock your vote first bot of the day. It can seems kinda suspicious in some circumstances.

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
"Jester - chooses one person to distract each night. They cannot do anything that night, except vote to lynch. If they’re a wolf, the Jester is killed, but they cannot kill anyone else that night."

Taken straight from the role description. Sketch said he would distract Sora. If Sora was a wolf, then Sketch dies, but the wolves could not kill last night.

I have no guarantee that Sketch did actually go ahead and distract Sora, although it seems highly unlikely that he wouldn't. If anyone alive was a bodyguard and was guarding Sketch, then you coming forwards would prove that Sketch died as a result of using his ability. Not sure whether to read the concurrent nature of the deaths as reported as a stylistic choice or a marked contrast to previous night's reports, but either way I accept that there's little evidence to support what I say at the moment.

Nevertheless, I locked my vote because I'm certain that Sora is a wolf.
There's was no guarantee that the wolves didn't directly targeted Sketch themselves as they wouldn't want to have their kill redirected. There was no indication in the_j's recap that states Sketch was distracting the wolves- screaming != was distracting wolves, screaming == getting turned into a human sashimi by wolves. And the wolves did kill tonight, the victim was RealSketch. There's no wolves roles that would allow the wolves to kill a extra villager.

I think that you are one of the wolves, voting on me based on what you said makes sense but locking it doesn't. You stated yourself that there's little evidence for your statement, why lock it when there's a high chance you're wrong?

I suspect that you and the other wolves targeted Sketch last night and selected me to use as scapegoat. With Sketch as the jester, you could have easily said that Sketch planned to distract me, got killed because of that, and start a bandwagon- which is what's happening.

Vote RJS, my reason is stated above. I won't be locking, even if I'm fairly certain that you are a wolf now, as there is still not much evidence for my claim.

C

chbachman

Ding! You got a steam message!

Ooh let me read that.

REMEMBER TO VOTE.

I should probably vote.

I heard something about SoraZodia.

I think I will follow the crowd. vote SoraZodia .

Ok now I can get back to programming. I'm almost done with my GUI!

picapi_

Jul 29, 2019
For the reasons stated in the last 20ish posts, I'm going to Vote Sora

If any more evedance comes up, I might change my vote.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
There's was no guarantee that the wolves didn't directly targeted Sketch themselves as they wouldn't want to have their kill redirected. There was no indication in the_j's recap that states Sketch was distracting the wolves- screaming != was distracting wolves, screaming == getting turned into a human sashimi by wolves. And the wolves did kill tonight, the victim was RealSketch. There's no wolves roles that would allow the wolves to kill a extra villager.

I think that you are one of the wolves, voting on me based on what you said makes sense but locking it doesn't. You stated yourself that there's little evidence for your statement, why lock it when there's a high chance you're wrong?

I suspect that you and the other wolves targeted Sketch last night and selected me to use as scapegoat. With Sketch as the jester, you could have easily said that Sketch planned to distract me, got killed because of that, and start a bandwagon- which is what's happening.

Vote RJS, my reason is stated above. I won't be locking, even if I'm fairly certain that you are a wolf now, as there is still not much evidence for my claim.

There's little evidence for my statement that I can show within the limits of this game. There's no wolf role that allows them to kill an extra villager, but as explained above, there doesn't have to be. If Sketch did what he said he would, then you are a wolf. If he did not, you might be a wolf. As any of the rest of us might also be wolves, the fact is that right now you are the person who is most likely to be a wolf.

Your version of events is a nice one, but if I were a wolf and had done that then, as stated above, I die tomorrow. From a wolf perspective, that's not a good way of doing things. As a wolf, I would have no need to single you out with an elaborate story and in doing so draw a lot of attention to myself. All the wolves have to do is avoid being lynched. Launching an action like this against a villager would result in what 016Nojr said. As a wolf, I wouldn't risk my neck when I could sit back, see which way the suspicions were flowing and steer them towards the innocents while killing another every night.

Why would you be needed as a scapegoat in your scenario? Everyone knew that Sketch would be targeted by the wolves, as his was the only surviving role that lets us see who's a wolf and who isn't. Killing him via wolf attack leaves no trails back to the wolves and is entirely riskless. By contrast, you claim that I (and the other wolves) set up an elaborate scheme that works once all game and ends in the death of a wolf? I appreciate that this is my first game, and if I were working alone in your scenario then you might convince people that I'd set up such a scheme without thinking it through, but you claim that the other wolves would go along with such a bad way of doing things despite having a fair bit of experience?

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Late to the party... Again...

RJS puts up a very convincing argument against Sora. As he stated, a wolf would have nothing to gain from such an elaborate accusation against a villager. Vote Sorazodia.

Out of curiosity, @RJS, can you give the details of your contact with Sketch? What night did communications begin? Which of you initiated the conversation? What reason did he have to trust you?

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
To speed it up i will lock my vote. Lock vote for SoraZodia[DOUBLEPOST=1407684754][/DOUBLEPOST]
SoraZodia(10): RJS, VikeStep, goreae, jus2beast, Staxed, 016nojr, Exedra, chbachman, picapi_, shazam08
RJS(1): SoraZodia
Not Yet Voted: @Elec332

2 1/2 hours remain.
*cough* Capital N *cough*

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
There are a lot of things pointing at Zora..
And we do not have another lead to anyone, so:
Vote SoraZodia, locked

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Late to the party... Again...

RJS puts up a very convincing argument against Sora. As he stated, a wolf would have nothing to gain from such an elaborate accusation against a villager. Vote Sorazodia.

Out of curiosity, @RJS, can you give the details of your contact with Sketch? What night did communications begin? Which of you initiated the conversation? What reason did he have to trust you?

I initiated the conversation with him following his resurrection. I never asked him to trust me, I suggested that he told someone who he knew was not a wolf. We both knew that he had at best 2 nights left to live, but probably one, and so we agreed that he was better trying to target wolves than identify innocents. We shared a strong suspicion of a certain individual who I will not name at present, but decided to take a bit of a gamble on Sora, thinking that if Sketch survived the night he would target that person the next night. As part of the conversation, he said he had used his ability on Staxed the first night, so we knew that Staxed was clear. I suggested he told more than one person about who he targeted, but that was only in the first message and it seems he may have missed this.

I didn't provide him with any reason to trust me. He never asked. My initial statement was intended to convey that he should confide in people he had distracted and found to be innocent, but reading it back that isn't very clear. I don't know what reason he had to trust me, unless he used his ability on me one night. He said he used it on Staxed the first night, but he made no mention of what he had done on the second night, whether he had used it or not.

Reactions: Shazam08

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Sorry guys, not enough time for a full RP-style recap:
Sorazodia was lynched. He was a converted wolf!
RJS was killed by wolves. He was a Villager!
Overall, a pretty mediocre night...

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Vote elec332. He's been really quiet. So far, he's only popped in to vote and request OP updates. If anyone else has a better idea, please. I'm all ears.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking at chbachman. I know I said I don't judge someone by his RP. But he is the worst offender for your reasons you just provided goreae. He's also just doing nothing except voting and leaving. I am fairly sure he is just waiting until everyone or most people have voted then going for that person and leaving. Thoughts?

Reactions: 016Nojr

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
Both of you makes a good point (the same point) so since goreae voted for elec i vote for chbachman