Ways to prevent Theft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
2 Questions: Is theft allowed on the server? Did you report it to the admin?

And if theft is allowed I can suggest pneumcraft if it is in your pack it has a way to protect your entire base very easily. No block placing, block braking, chest access etc.
wasn't pneumaticraft 17

Reactions: RealSketch

elenoire

Jul 29, 2019
unsuspected ritual of feathered knifes under the storage system, just apply redstone signal on the master ritual stone whenever you're online. You got the thief LP too!, although that will require you to dabble quite a bit on blood magic.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
If monster had Dartcraft it has forcealoge blocks. (Spelling might be wrong.) Those blocks have a trap option that will cause any player but you to pass/fall through them.

Reactions: Padfoote

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Apiaries under main walkways. Fuzzy export buses on Apiaries. Configure the bus so it needs a redstone signal to operate, wire up the button to your front door to the export buses.

Export Queen bees with unstable effect directly under your main hallway the moment anyone enters your base.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Apiaries under main walkways. Fuzzy export buses on Apiaries. Configure the bus so it needs a redstone signal to operate, wire up the button to your front door to the export buses.

Export Queen bees with unstable effect directly under your main hallway the moment anyone enters your base.
You, sir are evil.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
unsuspected ritual of feathered knifes under the storage system, just apply redstone signal on the master ritual stone whenever you're online. You got the thief LP too!, although that will require you to dabble quite a bit on blood magic.

Problem is, that won't kill them and there's a good chance they would know what it is and simply ignore it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
put dog in your base

JMxbLQT.png

trust me, aint no one messing with dog and getting out alive

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
I usually set up a dark cable somewhere with a hidden switch. My ME drives are also hidden (i dont need full access to them). Have your ME drives on the other side of the dark cable and just power the cable off when not online. Terminal wont show the contents of teh drives when the cable to them is unpowered. Trickery works to where you have the hidden drives formatted with the good stuff and hidden and a normal drive for the 'junk' that is always active. This way if people come to your place and see you dont have much in your system, they wont really take anything.

Now granted this still is griefable as people can just dig-follow your cables.

Getting in the habbit of using dark cables is good too if your power system is still not the greatest. Putting a dark cable right next to the controller can turn the entire AE system off and this way you only pull 12 RF a tick from just the controller when your offline instead of hundreds with everything running. Granted if you have auto stuff going, put it on a seperate line thats not dark cabled to keep it active.

Reactions: RealSketch

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
dunno, RWTema is the creator of dog, so he knows what dog is made out of
I do know he once said that dog could kill the wither in 1 hit, as long as the wither doesn't fly away
You can see in the screenshot

That dog has a fes, visor, guard core, armour plating, a hammer, two earth upgrades and an order upgrade
he is also a thaumium golem (I think the three upgrade things mean that he's an advanced thaum golem)

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Can you create a mystcraft portal horizontally. Dropping them into a mystcraft prison age would be fun. Allthough if they had access to a personal linking book they could then link out... Unless you added the drop inventory effect to the linking book you use...

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
just an idea for a trap:

the ME drives need to be hidden somewhere really safe, and disconnected from the rest of the network (for example in a mystcraft age or a pocket dimension.

place hoppers on several places on the floor. it's just the system to throw things on the floor and it still gets saved in the network (and it will collect everything else) next step, place some buttons on not so obvious positions and item droppers at the roof. pressing a button releases a uranium nugget above the thief. it'll kill the thief within a few seconds, and you can collect everything he had (that's just fair, he wanted to steal stuff).

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking