Ways to prevent Theft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

XxSaRobz09xX

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm playing on a "Mature" FTB private server. I have my own base setup with a good ME system. The problem is that people sometimes go in my base and steal stuff from my ME system. Is there a way to prevent this and how?

Reactions: RealSketch

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on how convenient it needs to be and whether your me system is necessry for upkeep.
Simplest way, stuff all storage cells in a strongbox and have that in your inventory when you log off.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on your modpack? You could secure the entire base against most attacks with Modular Force Field Systems and if that is not an option you could always remove the disks when you go offline and store them on yourself. If your keeping the items in chests and deep storage units you will have to secure the area which is fairly hard. Some powerful Thaumcraft golems would deter weaker players.

Reactions: RealSketch

XxSaRobz09xX

Jul 29, 2019
FTB monster is my Modpack[DOUBLEPOST=1399481133][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, MFFS is glitched and there is a way to get through it.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you could use ComputerCraft and the player detector thing from open peripherals (I think) so everybody except you coming close to the access terminal is dumped into lava.

Reactions: Wagon153

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I last played on a server running unleashed. TC3 warded glass completely surrounding my MAC, my drives and my wireless terminal.

I haven't played any 1.6.4 pack on multiplayer yet and I know you can't make stacks of warded blocks in the new thaumcraft. I haven't played with warding foci yet but I'm hoping it's possible to ward blocks at will?

XxSaRobz09xX

Jul 29, 2019
I've never played on a public (not my own) server before; I'm kinda ensaddened (tm) that people actually engage in theftery (tm). :( :(
That's what I was like so I joined a whitelist server, also, there's not a lot of people and you have to be mature to join, sadly, someone has been braking rules and stealing from my base

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk