Ways to prevent Theft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I've never played on a public (not my own) server before; I'm kinda ensaddened (tm) that people actually engage in theftery (tm). :( :(
Had it happen on closed private servers too tbh. I didn't mind as much that they took my items cause I had tons of them and could easily replenish it. But sad thing was that not having to struggle for resources them selves they got through the "tech tiers" really fast and got bored and stopped playing short after.

Reactions: PierceSG and Pyure

XxSaRobz09xX

Jul 29, 2019
Had it happen on closed private servers too tbh. I didn't mind as much that they took my items cause I had tons of them and could easily replenish it. But sad thing was that not having to struggle for resources them selves they got through the "tech tiers" really fast and got bored and stopped playing short after.
I'm struggling on resources ATM on the server I'm playing on, mostly because of theft

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Witchery should add something like a trapped ME terminal that grabs peoples taglocks =)

But seriously, do the CC thing, even if not killing people you should at least be able to log who is pinching your stuff.

rridgway

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't there a Computercraft method to check if a player is logged in?

When you log in, it can output a redstone signal to pull the cells from a strongbox. Might be best if it went through a tesseract. Then it can go into the Ae system.

When you log off, it reverses the signal so that it goes back into the strongbox.
Although the computer could be hacked...

Although the computer could be beside the strongbox, which you then could cover in warded stone.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
nuke_it_from_orbit.jpg

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Isn't there a Computercraft method to check if a player is logged in?

When you log in, it can output a redstone signal to pull the cells from a strongbox. Might be best if it went through a tesseract. Then it can go into the Ae system.

When you log off, it reverses the signal so that it goes back into the strongbox.

Although the computer could be beside the strongbox, which you then could cover in warded stone.

RandomThings adds an online detector that *should* be able to do this for you. As long as it's hidden and encased in some warded blocks, it should be quite safe.

Reactions: XxSaRobz09xX

rridgway

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, the people on my server could be quote sneaky... Unless I password the computer!

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

The warded stone around the outputting from the strongbox would work. The outputting of the redstone back to the box could be done by wireless redstone from inside the barrier. They could break open the ME Drive side but they wouldn't be able to pull them out of the box.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
This is the real travesty of IC2e.

I remember the days when every base would have a mass fabricator. "Accidentally" placing an HV transformer the wrong way round on the Mass Fab's power cable would almost certainly show you where they had attempted to hide their drives.

F' you progress :(

Reactions: Padfoote

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

Pretty sure that you cant pipe/duct items in/out of a strongbox. That would rather circumvent its purpose.
Might as well just put all your storage in a warded area and then on logout use the Online detector to break the ME cable(dark cable) inside the warded area so that the system no longer has access to the storage.

rridgway

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure that you cant pipe/duct items in/out of a strongbox. That would rather circumvent its purpose.
Might as well just put all your storage in a warded area and then on logout use the Online detector to break the ME cable(dark cable) inside the warded area so that the system no longer has access to the storage.
That's pretty much what I said in the next post. :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That's pretty much what I said in the next post. :p
No not exactly. I am proposing building all your ME drives with your discs inside a complete sphere of warded blocks. Only gap in this sphere is a single 1x1 hole where your ME cable exits(or you can even use the quantum ring thingy and make it a complete sphere). Then on logout you break the connection between the ME drives and the rest of your network(the break also happens inside the sphere). This way there is no need to take the discs out and send them anywhere, no need to send signals that can be tampered with etc. All you need is the Online detector and a ME dark cable.