Ways to prevent Theft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
The original "atom bomb" worked based on the energy triggered from a uranium or plutonium fission reaction. The "hydrogen bomb" is a modern variant which uses that energy to trigger a hydrogen fusion reaction, which is orders of magnitude stronger. Both are "nuclear weapons", but only fusion bombs are "thermonuclear".

On an unrelated note, modded Minecraft is surely responsible for my being put on all of the watchlists.

Edit: As a corollary to this, we rarely, if ever, would use a nuclear "bomb" in modern warfare; bombs are not self-propelled. We would generally use missiles which contain their own guidance and propulsion systems.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
Use the Geostrata Guardian Stone, it will block other players from interacting with blocks in it's vicinity.
Reika said:
GeoStrata also adds the Guardian Stone, a crystal-based stone which will act as a personal worldguard region, blocking anyone else (except admins and players you specifically whitelist) from breaking or placing blocks or interacting with things like buttons, doors, and block GUIs.

AlexDeathwind

Jul 29, 2019
Put your ME storage system in your own private void age. Then quantum link it to your own base then when you log off, take out the singularity.
Couldn't you use the dark cabe to cut the link off from the controller ( just to prevent you from forgetting that the singularity is in your inventory?)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

zarendahl

Jul 29, 2019
Why not use a combination of player detector and tesla coils with backups from rotarycraft? Would keep the potential damage to the base down, and would be fairly simple to setup and conceal.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The original "atom bomb" worked based on the energy triggered from a uranium or plutonium fission reaction. The "hydrogen bomb" is a modern variant which uses that energy to trigger a hydrogen fusion reaction, which is orders of magnitude stronger. Both are "nuclear weapons", but only fusion bombs are "thermonuclear".
Yeah the RL fusion bombs are basically(dumbed down explanation) just a fission bomb(normal nuclear bomb) with hydrogen tanks strapped onto it. Triggering the fission bomb will produce high enough energy potential(temperature, pressure) to cause the surrounding hydrogen to undergo fusion(like what happens in the sun) which greatly multiplies the energy potential of the bomb.

It was actually a great concern that the first nuclear bombs would cause fusion to happen in the hydrogen already present in the atmosphere and therefore "burn off" the atmosphere of the world, but the density of hydrogen was not nearly high enough for that to happen.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I would kill for the opportunity to deal with a thief. But I dont play on servers. I wouldnt kill him though, Id make sure he gets trapped with no escape. You'd have to figure out a way to prevent him from killing himself like some kind of regen effect. The first idea that occurred to me however is to just have all of your drives get emptied out into a strongbox hidden somewhere in the twilight forest whenever you log out.

Reactions: DriftinFool

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I would kill for the opportunity to deal with a thief. But I dont play on servers. I wouldnt kill him though, Id make sure he gets trapped with no escape. You'd have to figure out a way to prevent him from killing himself like some kind of regen effect. The first idea that occurred to me however is to just have all of your drives get emptied out into a strongbox hidden somewhere in the twilight forest whenever you log out.
Blood magic ritual of regeneration.

Reactions: Padfoote

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't I already cover all of this? Because I could swear I already covered all of this. =P

P.S. GeoStrata potion crystals for regen and saturation.

Reactions: Padfoote

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm playing on a "Mature" FTB private server. I have my own base setup with a good ME system. The problem is that people sometimes go in my base and steal stuff from my ME system. Is there a way to prevent this and how?
Two words: Ender Backpack
Not only is it transferable, but can contain infinite amounts and nobody else can see YOUR stuff!
IT'S BRILLIANT!

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Epic fact: The Tsar bomb is the most powerful bombcin history. Eo powerful in fact, that its power is thw equivelant of evert single shot in ww1
Epic fact #2: the neutron bomb has no explosive or concussive power. It will, without fail, kill every living thing in its blast radius, although shielding against it is relatively easy - if you know it's coming. However, in spite of its incredible kill rate, it causes no harm to inorganic materials; a true "kills people but leaves buildings intact" sort of weapon.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Didn't I already cover all of this? Because I could swear I already covered all of this. =P

P.S. GeoStrata potion crystals for regen and saturation.

The /kill command would still work though, no?

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
2 Questions: Is theft allowed on the server? Did you report it to the admin?

And if theft is allowed I can suggest pneumcraft if it is in your pack it has a way to protect your entire base very easily. No block placing, block braking, chest access etc.

Reactions: RealSketch