Update on the Future of FTB Modpacks in 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
It was stated somewhere months ago, that if Carpenter's Blocks got some testing it will be added to Monster as well. Is there any plan on doing this?
Make sure it was stated at that time by an FTB modpack creator, who at this time is still an FTB modpack creator.
This is important, if they were actually FTB modpack staff and are still making modpacks, then chances are it's still on the table (save incompatibilities with other mods).

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Just tried Agrarian Skies, ended up breaking the quest hopper with my fists(cause it sounded like it needed a fist/axe to mine and not a pickaxe due to wood mining sound). Don't know what to do from there. Willing to sacrifice one of my 2 lives left to fix.

Just tried Magic Farm 2, ragequitted before I got my first stone/coal. I absolutely hate Iguana Tweaks now, as it FORCES you to delve into Tinker's Construct, and is worse than Gregtech IMO. I'd rather deal with Greg's Wood/Plate Nerfs. Personally I favour Neither Gregtech nor TiCo over Gregtech, which I favour over Tinker's construct. NGT with No TiCo > GT w/o TiCo > TiCo WGT as my preference.

You have managed to make my brain do a spit-take with this statement. Have you ever had to clean cranial juices off your monitor? :D

Last edited:

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Just tried Agrarian Skies, ended up breaking the quest hopper with my fists(cause it sounded like it needed a fist/axe to mine and not a pickaxe due to wood mining sound). Don't know what to do from there. Willing to sacrifice one of my 2 lives left to fix.

Just tried Magic Farm 2, ragequitted before I got my first stone/coal. I absolutely hate Iguana Tweaks now, as it FORCES you to delve into Tinker's Construct, and is worse than Gregtech IMO. I'd rather deal with Greg's Wood/Plate Nerfs. Personally I favour Neither Gregtech nor TiCo over Gregtech, which I favour over Tinker's construct. NGT with No TiCo > GT w/o TiCo > TiCo WGT as my preference.

Would you like some cheese with your whine? Or do you prefer grapes?
In all honesty what do you really expect from total conversion packs with TiCo and IgT as a central progression?​

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
It was stated somewhere months ago, that if Carpenter's Blocks got some testing it will be added to Monster as well. Is there any plan on doing this?
Make sure it was stated at that time by an FTB modpack creator, who at this time is still an FTB modpack creator.
This is important, if they were actually FTB modpack staff and are still making modpacks, then chances are it's still on the table (save incompatibilities with other mods).

This was stated by me and no, I am not.

Reactions: Nerixel

Arron Syaoran

Jul 29, 2019
1. I don't "hate" TiCo, I just prefer not having it over having it. I'm more than happy dealing with it if it's included. It's Iguana Tweaks that I hate cause it forces you to delve into TiCo whether you want to or not.
2. I'm mostly a traditionalist that preferred packs such as Unleashed, Ultimate and Mindcrack. It's sad not to see a IC2+TE+BC+EE+Forestry+GraviSuite pack in such a long time. 1.6 has pretty much made me want to switch to Vanilla and stop modding altogether. If my bro Gigazoth prefers vanilla over FTB, I'd switch the Coalition to Pure Vanilla in a heartbeat. Problem is, I'm having a very hard time trying to contact him(he's in the Navy, and this time I'm sure he hasn't set sail).

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
1. I don't "hate" TiCo, I just prefer not having it over having it. I'm more than happy dealing with it if it's included. It's Iguana Tweaks that I hate cause it forces you to delve into TiCo whether you want to or not.
2. I'm mostly a traditionalist that preferred packs such as Unleashed, Ultimate and Mindcrack. It's sad not to see a IC2+TE+BC+EE+Forestry+GraviSuite pack in such a long time. 1.6 has pretty much made me want to switch to Vanilla and stop modding altogether. If my bro Gigazoth prefers vanilla over FTB, I'd switch the Coalition to Pure Vanilla in a heartbeat. Problem is, I'm having a very hard time trying to contact him(he's in the Navy, and this time I'm sure he hasn't set sail).

Firstly try TPPI.
Secondly stop derailing this thread with personal shit that nobody gives two craps about.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
1. I don't "hate" TiCo, <snip>

Sure, you did not use the word "hate" in your earlier posts concerning TiCo, but you made it clear in so many other words that you do in fact hate it, etc.. I think quite a few of us have pointed out the loop holes in logic from the earlier posts so far. While I am not one to tell you how to play your mods, your stated reasons for not preferring a mod sounds a little.. idk, irrational, perhaps?

Anyway, the FTB universal configs and a few other public mod packs are your friend. Take it and do what you please. I'm out.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
@Arron Syaoran

To be honest I struggle - I struggle - to take anyone seriously when they say 'I hate Xmod'.
a) Hate is a very strong word; which is often thrown about by children just trying to cause a much verbal hurt they can.
b) 'Hating' an entire mod is somewhat ridiculous; yes some mods may have 'bad' designs/ideas that you/me/anyone [sometimes very passionately] dislikes. But bashing an entire mod over it? It just stinks of ignorance and immaturity.
Yeah I'm not saying I'm perfect, or that I love everything under the sun.
A personal pet peeve of mine is high definition graphics/models, MPS is a very cool mod- and the actual 3D suit model is a work of art; it just looks very garish and out of place in a blocky voxel game like Minecraft.

RE: Iguana Tweaks [for TiCo]. Yes. Tweaks. This mod is effectively an expanded config for TiCo.
You're also playing a modpack- the pack dev personally chose those config settings for his/her pack.
-On a sidenote; TiCo itself has several config options to change the game- including turning off vanilla tools. So it may not of been IgT itself.

Bock

Jul 29, 2019
Well... I am looking forward to see what there will be in that modpacks. :)

But untill now I loved it to think twice about something because of energy management and since there is a final minecraft version it seems a bit pointless to declare a standard energy. Furthermore RF... that little brther of MJ that you most use as MJ and not as RF.
I did not see the point why Thermal Expansion did his own Power converted to MJ with his own pipes since it was released and now that is the one for all?

But perhapst this will lead to something better ... maybe

My standard power is steam ;) You can convert it into everything you want :D (UE EU MJ RF all no problem)
and produce it with all the mods of all popular energys.
Loved the days where IC2 Nuclear Reactors could produce steam (cfg)

Yes I did not read all the 31 pages and just respond to the topic

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't get if this decision was made because IC and BC are buggy and not being updated or just because u dont want several energy systems on the same pack.
Only 1 energy system per pack is silly... I have electricity, natural gas and fuel in my car, even the real world would have more variety than a pack like that.....

And RF..... rf has only 3 dynamos... lossless pipes and no special properties. It's the silliest form of energy, just plug and play... unless there are some other mods adding dynamos an enhancing the mechanics, it will be boring...

My way of getting a lots of rf: big reactor to generate steam, and then use it in dynamos/turbine, if i got extra steam then i store it. Storage full, reactor turn off.
That reactor is way better than the ic2 one, altough its not explodes right now. I

Everyone that has looked at my rail systems has said something along the lines of "wow, that looks really cool. it's super inefficient!" :p Rail systems are also way more fun to set up IMO.

Yeah, thats why i don't like that traincraft diesel is hard to use in an rf based enviroment.And not works all the time without ic2, even knowing that its should.
I prefer chocolate.
--the vanilla style of automation is pretty cool (piston based stuff), but the vanilla game itself is somewhat lacking.

I'm thinking stuff like in item transport; 'pipes' that won't override the I-sided concept, and can only do item, liquid OR energy, not all 3 at once through the same spot.
Or the powergrid- larger generators are more fuel efficient, but the grid itself is lossy.
Engines/generators that don't automatically turn off when theres no call for energy- instead are signal controlled only...

Actually, the only thing what i miss from vanilla is auto mining. I tried to push a wither, but its destroyed the machine.

Rf has more variety than buildcraft/ic2, and i think its fits better into minecraft.

Reactions: Mevansuto

Arron Syaoran

Jul 29, 2019
Back on topic please. Take the mod vs mod discussion elsewhere.[DOUBLEPOST=1399406472][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh good I thought @Eyamaz was leaving us or something
I strongly agree. I'm now wondering what the modpacks will be and what mods will be in them.(probably gonna play vanilla 1.8 until they come out)

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
I strongly agree. I'm now wondering what the modpacks will be and what mods will be in them.(probably gonna play vanilla 1.8 until they come out)
I can answere that! Well part of it... Ok so what you do is you think of every RF mod and BOOOOOOM that is a mod list now repeat that step with every other energy source that is actually popular... and occasionally throw in other popular mods

Status
Not open for further replies.