Update on the Future of FTB Modpacks in 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
So, would the new packs be exclusively TE3 and one IC2 pack, or would there be a FZ pack, and a RoC pack in addition to the ones you specifically mentioned?
EDIT: I use FZ and RoC as examples, not specifically asking about them.
Honestly, I could see Factorization going into other, non-Factorization-centred packs. In a roundabout way, you can create Charge using non-FZ methods, like Railcraft boilers or the friction boilers from RotaryCraft. As for the aforementioned RotaryCraft, it'd probably be in other packs while not having an official FTB-made one of its own. It converts to and from RF easily enough, but it doesn't have the addon depth that the RF/MJ/EU ecosystem have going for them.

Reactions: INCSlayer

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
Honestly, I could see Factorization going into other, non-Factorization-centred packs. In a roundabout way, you can create Charge using non-FZ methods, like Railcraft boilers or the friction boilers from RotaryCraft. As for the aforementioned RotaryCraft, it'd probably be in other packs while not having an official FTB-made one of its own. It converts to and from RF easily enough, but it doesn't have the addon depth that the RF/MJ/EU ecosystem have going for them.

i was writing a big post about what RavynousHunter said but he types faster than me apparently :D

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
Totally unrelated, but seeing your sig: Why don't you add this information to the ftb wiki here? :D

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
i was writing a big post about what RavynousHunter said but he types faster than me apparently :D
Years of playing NoX before the days of easy VOIP communication means I'm very good at typing well and quickly, lol.

Totally unrelated, but seeing your sig: Why don't you add this information to the ftb wiki here? :D
I may just do that...I've got a few things going at the moment, but I don't see why I couldn't add a few things here and there.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
Years of playing NoX before the days of easy VOIP communication means I'm very good at typing well and quickly, lol.

I may just do that...I've got a few things going at the moment, but I don't see why I couldn't add a few things here and there.
as a conjurer trained in the village of IX i respect that

Reactions: RavynousHunter

Jstuie

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, still letting Direwolf choose the mods in his pack? I'm gonna take a guess and say his pack is gonna be the most popular one, yet again.

I have a feeling people will favour the Direwolf20 pack because most likely he will pick as wide of a range of mods he can, which is what people want. I don't feel forcing people to use RF in the main packs is gonna go down too well...

Jstuie

Jul 29, 2019
Let's take a look at the horizons mod pack, here is the list of mods
Advanced GeneticsObsiLP1.1
AgricultureFreyja, RebelKeithy, and Shadowclaimer1.0.0
Alternate Terrain GenerationTTFTCUTS0.9.3
Applied EnergisticsAlgorithmX2rv14.finale2
Aquaculturerebelkeithy1.2.4
Arcane Scrollsduke6052.4.5.21
Ars Magica 2Mithion1.1.1c
ArtificeShukaro1.1.3-220
BackpacksEydamos1.26.29
BetterChestsAroma1997, Noisyboy, and TechMac1.1.0.1
Biomes O' PlentyForestride, Adubbz, Amnet, and ted801.2.1
ChickenChunksChickenBones1.3.3.3
Dynamic Liquid Tanks 2DocRedstone0.0.5
Emasher ResourceEmasher1.2.1.8
EnderIOcrazypants0.6.0
Engineers ToolboxEmasher1.1.6.6
EnhancedPortalsAlz4543.0.0_Beta_2d
EvocProfMobius1.0.0
ExtraTiCGlassmaker0.7.1
Extra UtilitiesRWTema1.0.1
The FarlandersFabiulu1.0
Flat SignsMyrathi1.4.0 build 15
Gany's Endganymedes011.5.5
Gany's Netherganymedes011.5.4
Gany's Surfaceganymedes011.5.3
GascraftEmasher2.0.3.2
Hopper DuctsFyberOptic1.2.2
InfiniBowsMyrathi1.2.0 build 14
JABBAProfMobius1.0.3
Magical CropsMark7193.1.4
Roguelike DungeonsGreymerk1.2.8
MetallurgyTeam Metallurgy3.2.3
MystcraftXCompWiz0.10.1.1.00
Obsidian Pressure PlatesMyrathi2.0.0 build 15
Pam's HarvestCraftMatrexsVigil1.1.4
Project RedMrTJP and ChickenBones4.2.2.19
Random Thingslumien1.8.7
ReactorCraftReika1.6 v13
RemoteIOdmillerw1.9.1-b14
RevampRivvest1.2.2
RotaryCraftReika1.6 v13
SwitchesMyrathi1.3.0 build 25
Tinkers' ConstructmDiyo, fuj1n, ProgWML5, Sunstrike, and Pillbox1.5.2.1
Thaumcraft 4Azanor4.0.5b
Thermal ExpansionTeam CoFH3.0.0.2
Tinkers' MechworksmDiyo, fuj1n, ProgWML6, Sunstrike, and Pillbox0.1.3
Torch LeversHitchH1k3r1.3.2
TranslocatorChickenBones1.1.0.13
TropicraftCojomax995.1.6
Utility MobsFatherToast2.1
WitcheryEmoniph0.12.0
Wireless Redstone ChickenBones EditionChickenBones1.4.0.6
XACTXhamolk_0.4.3
MineTweakerStan Hebben

As you can see, a couple of the big mods missing from there, such as Buildcraft, Computercraft etc...

We can see on many of the FTB server lists that this is not one of the more popular packs.

Now, monster, the biggest pack, the flagship pack. Bit too big in my opinion, too buggy and I don't know too many people who can run it, because there are so many useless mods crammed into it that barely anyone uses.

Now the Direwolf20 pack, a HUGE, wide range of mods, hit's the balance of Plenty of interesting mods and playable. Contains pretty much all of the larger mods that people use (with the exception of RotaryCraft).
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
not to mention that you claim DW20 pack is the favorite without any .. you know.. evidence?
Thart enough for you? I can continue if you wan't

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
Let's take a look at the horizons mod pack, here is the list of mods
Advanced GeneticsObsiLP1.1
AgricultureFreyja, RebelKeithy, and Shadowclaimer1.0.0
Alternate Terrain GenerationTTFTCUTS0.9.3
Applied EnergisticsAlgorithmX2rv14.finale2
Aquaculturerebelkeithy1.2.4
Arcane Scrollsduke6052.4.5.21
Ars Magica 2Mithion1.1.1c
ArtificeShukaro1.1.3-220
BackpacksEydamos1.26.29
BetterChestsAroma1997, Noisyboy, and TechMac1.1.0.1
Biomes O' PlentyForestride, Adubbz, Amnet, and ted801.2.1
ChickenChunksChickenBones1.3.3.3
Dynamic Liquid Tanks 2DocRedstone0.0.5
Emasher ResourceEmasher1.2.1.8
EnderIOcrazypants0.6.0
Engineers ToolboxEmasher1.1.6.6
EnhancedPortalsAlz4543.0.0_Beta_2d
EvocProfMobius1.0.0
ExtraTiCGlassmaker0.7.1
Extra UtilitiesRWTema1.0.1
The FarlandersFabiulu1.0
Flat SignsMyrathi1.4.0 build 15
Gany's Endganymedes011.5.5
Gany's Netherganymedes011.5.4
Gany's Surfaceganymedes011.5.3
GascraftEmasher2.0.3.2
Hopper DuctsFyberOptic1.2.2
InfiniBowsMyrathi1.2.0 build 14
JABBAProfMobius1.0.3
Magical CropsMark7193.1.4
Roguelike DungeonsGreymerk1.2.8
MetallurgyTeam Metallurgy3.2.3
MystcraftXCompWiz0.10.1.1.00
Obsidian Pressure PlatesMyrathi2.0.0 build 15
Pam's HarvestCraftMatrexsVigil1.1.4
Project RedMrTJP and ChickenBones4.2.2.19
Random Thingslumien1.8.7
ReactorCraftReika1.6 v13
RemoteIOdmillerw1.9.1-b14
RevampRivvest1.2.2
RotaryCraftReika1.6 v13
SwitchesMyrathi1.3.0 build 25
Tinkers' ConstructmDiyo, fuj1n, ProgWML5, Sunstrike, and Pillbox1.5.2.1
Thaumcraft 4Azanor4.0.5b
Thermal ExpansionTeam CoFH3.0.0.2
Tinkers' MechworksmDiyo, fuj1n, ProgWML6, Sunstrike, and Pillbox0.1.3
Torch LeversHitchH1k3r1.3.2
TranslocatorChickenBones1.1.0.13
TropicraftCojomax995.1.6
Utility MobsFatherToast2.1
WitcheryEmoniph0.12.0
Wireless Redstone ChickenBones EditionChickenBones1.4.0.6
XACTXhamolk_0.4.3
MineTweakerStan Hebben

As you can see, a couple of the big mods missing from there, such as Buildcraft, Computercraft etc...

We can see on many of the FTB server lists that this is not one of the more popular packs.

Now, monster, the biggest pack, the flagship pack. Bit too big in my opinion, too buggy and I don't know too many people who can run it, because there are so many useless mods crammed into it that barely anyone uses.

Now the Direwolf20 pack, a HUGE, wide range of mods, hit's the balance of Plenty of interesting mods and playable. Contains pretty much all of the larger mods that people use (with the exception of RotaryCraft).
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Thart enough for you? I can continue if you wan't
I was talking about being the most popular. You need download numbers for that.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I was talking about being the most popular. You need download numbers for that.
Actually, you'll find on page 28 of this very thread that Jaded points out that DW20 is the most popular pack, just like it was in 1.5.x, and just like it will most likely be in 1.7. And @Jstuie, while you were correct in saying that, I think you drew the wrong conclusion. Because the DW20 pack exists (which is not an FTB flagship pack), with a bit of everything for everyone, the flagship packs can be built around RF and be more focused and balanced.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
>Direwolf
>Wide range of mods
Are you in a different universe than me, because he hasn't picked up many new mods. I am so f****** angry right now you wouldn't believe it. They introduce us to RotaryCraft, an amazing new mod with its own power system, then they say "Nope, RF only with a EU pack in 1.7!"
And people ask why I'm angry.

Ockman

Jul 29, 2019
I personally don't understand why everyone is whining about modpacks with more refined power sources.
And as for Direwolf just keep in mind that is his personal pack and not an "official" pack, he uses whatever mods he likes... the mod lists are often similar because he still likes those mods.
Having a more refined pack (hopefully with the Hard Core Questing mod) will make each pack different. To often I look at a modpack on FTB and think "this pack has so many mods and i cant see anything different from the last pack"
Now don't get me wrong, I love a large mod pack, but I stick with FTB because ResonantRise pack is just unrefined chaos.
I am going to stop whining about people whining now (or at least try)

Status
Not open for further replies.